Not Engaged Yet
Options

Following up

I just wanted to thank everyone for the great advice you gave me the other day when I posted about my BFs issues with savings. I went out after work and picked up The Money Book and I'm glad that I did!

I also thought I should let you know that apparently my BF is a gigantic sneak!

Last night we ordered Chinese food and as he was sorting the stuff out of the bag I hear him say that they put something extra in, [I didn't think much of it because it happens pretty often], until I looked up and he was down on one knee holding the most beautiful ring I've ever seen, asking me to marry him!! Of course I said yes! :-D

Re: Following up

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Aw.. well thats good!  CONGRATS! Just in time for Thanksgiving
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    hehe We've already discussed it and we're not telling anyone, we're going to surprise them all when we visit our familys on Thursday. :-)
  • Options
    desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Great proposal! I really like the Chinese takeout idea.

I'm happy he was able to save and keep it a secret. Sounds like he's already making some changes. I still think it's a good idea to read the book together and commit to a plan for your finances. But clearly, he's ready to commit, so hopefully this area continues to see improvement for you guys. Smile

Congratulations, and best wishes for a happy and financially stable future!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2011
    cute story.  congrats1
  • Options
    hetshuphetshup member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awww, hell. First of all congrats! That is so exciting. And second of all, please take all the great advice. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    congrats! your ring is gorgeous! very cute proposal story.
  • Options
    babybchbumbabybchbum member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love the proposal story.

I do agree with PPs that he is obviously making changes but that is  something you all need to work on together so you both are financially minded for your future
  • Options
    tafft1tafft1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    awww thats so sweet ! Congrats and happy thanksgiving too :)
    Photobucket Anniversary www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards