Not Engaged Yet
Options

Memorable

There are some posters on here whom I either can't remember anything about, even though I know they've shared interesting things before, or whom I mix up with other posters for unknown reasons.

Anybody else have that issue?

So I thought we could all share an interesting tidbit about ourselves to help set us apart from the crowd.  What's something interesting about you?  What makes you unique?

And if anybody else can quote your post and say "oh, yeah, me too" then you have to come up with a new one.  That's the rule.

Re: Memorable

• Options
    Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I'll start.  I know most of you know me for my Harry Potter interest, and I'm perfectly happy being the resident-HP nerd, but there's other cool stuff about me, too:

1.  I have a black belt in Judo.
    2.  I was accepted to college when I was 14, though I didn't go.
    3.  I have asthma.  Add an inhaler to an already nerdy canvas.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm relatively new here... but I have 3 animals with health problems. And a LOVE for Anne of Green Gables!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    becunning2becunning2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1.  I will one day inherit a giant caribou head.

2.  My facebook page is set to Latin--and I do frequent facebook status updates in Latin.

3. I skipped a year of high school .
  • Options
    MLekathLEENMLekathLEEN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1.) I've been working towards my bachelor for SIX YEARS!! Beat that, smarties.

2.) I have made two people cry in the three weeks I've been at my new job and if anyone knows me, I'm the kindest person EVER.

3.) My car is three different colors at the moment.
  • Options
    SopChickSopChick member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Holy smarty pants Elle, 14?! Also, great thread idea :)

I guess the most unique/interesting thing about me is that I'm training to be an opera singer.

(I'm bad at this today, I'm in a rut and definitely feeling like I'm not a special snowflake)
    Canada Cat Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Options
    motoLynmotoLyn member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_memorable?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b4f78d34-9ac7-4515-8e6e-fca51c10c23dPost:72cd8838-8ec3-4c9d-80a9-192e14448679">Re: Memorable</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'll start.  I know most of you know me for my Harry Potter interest, and I'm perfectly happy being the resident-HP nerd, but there's other cool stuff about me, too: 1.  I have a black belt in Judo. 2.  I was accepted to college when I was 14, though I didn't go. 3.<strong>  I have asthma.  Add an inhaler to an already nerdy canvas.</strong>
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

Me too so new one Elle!

1) I'm obsessed with the movie Finding Nemo and have a collection of posters, knick knacks, antenna balls and stuffed clown fish.

2) I have a tramp stamp of a betta fish

3) I randomly make animal noises in public

4) I was a practicing Wiccan back in college.
  • Options
    Elle1036Elle1036 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_memorable?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b4f78d34-9ac7-4515-8e6e-fca51c10c23dPost:e2934d10-f8ab-4f15-a20e-2819aaab3366">Re: Memorable</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Memorable : Me too so new one Elle! 1) I'm obsessed with the movie Finding Nemo and have a collection of posters, knick knacks, antenna balls and stuffed clown fish.<strong> 2) I have a tramp stamp of a betta fish</strong> 3) I randomly make animal noises in public 4) I was a practicing Wiccan back in college.
    Posted by motoLyn[/QUOTE]

I cannot believe I didn't know this.  Do you have pictures?!?!
  • Options
    QuiltingNurseQuiltingNurse member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can't think of anything too interesting right now but I'll try...

1. I have a bigger celebration for my half birthday than my real birthday. Real birthday is in January and I feel like everyone is recovering from Christmas and New Years and Back to school so I celebrate in July instaed. 
    2. I am absolutely terrified of any kind of birds and have cried in big stores where birds get inside somehow and sit/fly around the ceiling. 
    3. I'm wearing glow in the dark socks today and have already got several compliments from my patients on them.
  • Options
    motoLynmotoLyn member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_memorable?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b4f78d34-9ac7-4515-8e6e-fca51c10c23dPost:d21275de-b813-4af0-9a14-5b6a23316a24">Re: Memorable</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Memorable : I cannot believe I didn't know this.  Do you have pictures?!?!
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

I have some at home.  I send them to you when I get home.  hahaha.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_memorable?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b4f78d34-9ac7-4515-8e6e-fca51c10c23dPost:2670c3b1-94c2-4c64-b69f-a73de4c57dad">Re: Memorable</a>:
    [QUOTE]I can't think of anything too interesting right now but I'll try... 1. I have a bigger celebration for my half birthday than my real birthday. <strong>Real birthday is in January and I feel like everyone is recovering from Christmas and New Years and Back to school so I celebrate in July instaed.</strong>  2. I am absolutely terrified of any kind of birds and have cried in big stores where birds get inside somehow and sit/fly around the ceiling.  3. I'm wearing glow in the dark socks today and have already got several compliments from my patients on them.
    Posted by QuiltingNurse[/QUOTE]

<div>This is a brilliant idea!!! My bday is also Jan - first week :( - and people are never around or have enough money.</div><div>
    </div><div>1. On this board it is quite unique that I'm from London, UK</div><div>2. I'm only 27 but have been a lecturer at a university for a masters program for 3 years</div><div>3. Most interesting....I was on a very repetitive (and annoying) tv advert when I was 5 - it was played on UK tv until I was 12!</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    1) I work on a trading floor similar to what's seen in the movie 'Wall Street' 

2) My favorite movie when I was a little kid was 'Nightmare on Elm Street'

3) I'm a New Jersey Devils season ticket holder 

4) In middle school 4 of my girlfriends & I performed as the Spice Girls in the talent show & I was Baby Spice.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    1) My two front teeth are fake - I knocked them out when I was 7.
    2) I had 6 wisdom teeth.  I swear I'm a dental freak of nature.

I can't think of anything else right now...
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    tuarceathatuarceatha member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_memorable?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b4f78d34-9ac7-4515-8e6e-fca51c10c23dPost:b06bef5d-902d-4981-9624-d1b1f157781e">Re: Memorable</a>:
    [QUOTE]1) My two front teeth are fake - I knocked them out when I was 7. 2) I had 6 wisdom teeth.  I swear I'm a dental freak of nature. I can't think of anything else right now...
    Posted by kaitlynmichelle[/QUOTE]

I had a front tooth knocked out when I was 13.  Awful times.
  • Options
    polkadot111polkadot111 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1) I used to be epileptic. I've grown out of it, but I'm still terrified I'll have a seizure when I'm driving or swimming or something.

2) A really hot dude walked me home from class last night who I ha never met and asked me to go out on a date with him. I told him no, I'd see him in class, but WOW HE WAS HOT.

4) I'm going to get my belly button pierced soon.

5) My name is Hope because before I was born my mom was shopping at a grocery store and she started bleeding profusely.  She went to the ER and the doctor said that I had come unattached to the placenta.  He said that I would be gone within a few hours.  My mom didn't believe him. She went to her regular doctor right away and he said the same thing- I had come unattached and was not going to make it. My mom was devestated. She decided to lay down for 2 weeks without doctors orders and pray that I'd become reattaced. She didn't get up for 2 weeks. I became reattached!! The doctors were surprised. I'm pretty much a  miracle. So, my name is a reminder to never lose hope when it seems like there is nothing else left.   :)
    Used to be bourgehm. +1,500 posts. Silly knot
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_memorable?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:b4f78d34-9ac7-4515-8e6e-fca51c10c23dPost:b06bef5d-902d-4981-9624-d1b1f157781e">Re: Memorable</a>:
    [QUOTE]1) My two front teeth are fake - I knocked them out when I was 7. 2) I had 6 wisdom teeth. <strong> I swear I'm a dental freak of nature</strong>. I can't think of anything else right now...
    Posted by kaitlynmichelle[/QUOTE]

1) I have a congenital defect where I am missing 7 teeth including all wisdom teeth. i have a fake tooth in the front that I can take out to look like Ed Helms from the hangover. We're different kids of dental freaks

2)I was a competitive Irish Step Dancer and place 12th in New England for the Traditional Set "Blackbird" out of over 200!

3) I collect vintage hats and wear them all the time!
    Rampaging bears are the answer to all of our cultural missteps
  • Options
    sparkles88sparkles88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. I don't know how to ride a bicycle.

2. I have met Roy Rogers and Heidi Fleiss, but not at the same time!

3. I have some of the strangest tastes in clothing. I love everything from tacky to classy. Yes, I do indeed own these leggings. Yes, I am aware of how side-eye-worthy they may be.

• Options
    Elle1036Elle1036 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_memorable?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b4f78d34-9ac7-4515-8e6e-fca51c10c23dPost:6c24c0f7-af87-4a60-bc33-c8d4d44e3c49">Re: Memorable</a>:
    [QUOTE]1) I used to be epileptic. I've grown out of it, but I'm still terrified I'll have a seizure when I'm driving or swimming or something. 2) A really hot dude walked me home from class last night who I ha never met and asked me to go out on a date with him. I told him no, I'd see him in class, but WOW HE WAS HOT. 4) I'm going to get my belly button pierced soon. <strong>5) My name is Hope because before I was born my mom was shopping at a grocery store and she started bleeding profusely.  She went to the ER and the doctor said that I had come unattached to the placenta.  He said that I would be gone within a few hours.  My mom didn't believe him. She went to her regular doctor right away and he said the same thing- I had come unattached and was not going to make it. My mom was devestated. She decided to lay down for 2 weeks without doctors orders and pray that I'd become reattaced. She didn't get up for 2 weeks. I became reattached!! The doctors were surprised. I'm pretty much a  miracle. So, my name is a reminder to never lose hope when it seems like there is nothing else left.   :)</strong>
    Posted by polkadot111[/QUOTE]

Wow...  Amazing story.
  • Options
    thejucheideathejucheidea member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    1. Both of my dogs are trained therapy dogs that worked as a hospice team at the long-term care facility where I worked as a nurse tech while I was in college.

2. I've lived in Ghana twice.

3. I studied East Asian studies hardcore for three years before deciding to change my major. Because of this, I graduated high school in 2003 and got an associate's degree last year -- seven years for an associate's degree, woo!

4. My best friend in the world who I have known for more than half of my life is currently transitioning from female to male. I can not possibly be more proud of/happy for him :D. It has been a long road full of trepidation to get to this point and I'm glad we've arrived where we are and that he is finally happy with his body.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    1. I ski raced in high school (which isn't as cool as it sounds since it was mostly in lower Michigan!)

2. I am a huge movie fan. I somehow freakishly can remember actors and movie plots, even if I've never seen them. I am the go to person in my family for the "Who was that one person in that one movie?" 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    csousa1csousa1 member
    edited December 2011
    I love this thread Elle!

1) I am adopted, but only by my dad. My mom is my biological mother.

2) I was born ass-first, vaginally (sorry Mom). Vaginal breech births are fairly rare, and I was supposed to be born at home with a midwife but they sent my mom to the hospital when they realized. My birth was in the New England Journal of Medicine.

3) I have been involved in no less than 15 fender-benders, a lot of which were very minor, four of which were car-totaling accidents. Three of those four were within a three month span.
  • Options
    lennonkdclennonkdc member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1) I actually like public speaking, it has never really bothered me and I wish I got to do more of it.

2) I have my JD but don't know if I want to practice law. I think I want to work in community redevelopment/ urban planning and renewal. There are just too damn many lawyers in CLE.

3) I have run for public office- I lost, but I hope to run again once I'm settled in a career.

4) I love my herb garden and I'm a pretty solid chef. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    sparkles88sparkles88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_memorable?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b4f78d34-9ac7-4515-8e6e-fca51c10c23dPost:c9059e6c-6cba-49ce-86dd-9219a594e0cc">Re: Memorable</a>:
    [QUOTE] 2. I've lived in Ghana twice.
    Posted by ahstillwell[/QUOTE]

Tell me more about Ghana. I studied abroad in Germany, mostly because I got enough credit to pick up a second major. I loved it, but if I could go back in time and choose a place not just for the sake of getting credits, I might have chose Ghana. I was really thinking about it, but I knew it wouldn't be practical for me at the time.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_memorable?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b4f78d34-9ac7-4515-8e6e-fca51c10c23dPost:bf4feb96-8e50-49f8-bba2-7fb7f8e43b9e">Re: Memorable</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Memorable : Tell me more about Ghana.
    Posted by sparkles88[/QUOTE]
    What all would you like to know? If you wanna see all of my pics of Ghana, <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/ahstillwell/collections/72157604094484775/">here they are</a> :D.

I also studied abroad in Germany at Freie. Where did you go?

• Options
    jemmini6jemmini6 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_memorable?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b4f78d34-9ac7-4515-8e6e-fca51c10c23dPost:c86d60fb-8bf8-4260-bff7-46a63a891074">Re: Memorable</a>:
    [QUOTE]1) I actually like public speaking, it has never really bothered me and I wish I got to do more of it. 2) I have my JD but don't know if I want to practice law. I think I want to work in <strong>community redevelopment/ urban planning and renewal</strong>. There are just too damn many lawyers in CLE. 3) I have run for public office- I lost, but I hope to run again once I'm settled in a career. 4) I love my herb garden and I'm a pretty solid chef. 
    Posted by lennonkdc[/QUOTE]

This is what I got my undergrad it (well technically just general real estate development, but that was a huge part of the curriculum).  Unfortunately the market sucks here, so there is literally <em>nothing</em> going on...and I'm working at an office furniture company.

I have seriously considered going to law school to become a zoning attorney.  I had a zoning class in my undergrad and I loved it, I just doubt that right now is a good time to go back to school (and take out more loans, only to graduate and <em>still</em> not get a job in the field).
    Anniversary
  • Options
    polkadot111polkadot111 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    stillwell, I can see your full last name and first name... Unless it's fake. I clicked on the link. You may want to remove that quick.
    Used to be bourgehm. +1,500 posts. Silly knot
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. I have a "genius" level IQ, but I have been in College for 6 year for my BS so take that smarties and MKath... lol

2. I was engaged once before but we split up. (I am nervous about announcing another engagement someday, because I already did that once)

3. I have an Anxiety disorder that only about 2-5% of the population has. Although I am starting to work toward treatment to achieve recovery, this disorder can be eventually debilitating and leads to Agoraphobia in nearly all untreated patients.

Can you see my Debbie Downer mood today in these? Sheesh! lol
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_memorable?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b4f78d34-9ac7-4515-8e6e-fca51c10c23dPost:efa072d6-7533-4c38-b979-de4ca74911c2">Re: Memorable</a>:
    [QUOTE]stillwell, I can see your full last name and first name... Unless it's fake. I clicked on the link. You may want to remove that quick.
    Posted by polkadot111[/QUOTE]
    lol, yeah, I don't care. I don't do Internet secrecy.

• Options
    tuarceathatuarceatha member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    1. I have an uncle that is 7 months older than me.
    2. I've had my belly button re-pierced twice (third time's the charm)
    3. Sea creatures give me the creeps. As do grates in sidewalks and streets.
    4. Colors arranged in rainbow order make my heart flutter.
    5. I really want to sing Downtown by Petula Clark at a karaoke night but do not have the balls.
  • Options
    jemmini6jemmini6 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    1.  I was very close to my uncle that had Down Syndrome, he was more like a brother than an uncle (even though he was my mom's older brother).  We lived with and took care of him for 4 years before he passed away my junior year of high school.  My sister just named my nephew after him.

2.  I have been almost completely financially independant from my parents since I was 16 years old (100% after 18).  This includes paying for my own college education.

3.  I have lived in Arizona my entire life, but I've still never been to the Grand Canyon.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_memorable?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:b4f78d34-9ac7-4515-8e6e-fca51c10c23dPost:e2934d10-f8ab-4f15-a20e-2819aaab3366">Re: Memorable</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Memorable : Me too so new one Elle! 1) I'm obsessed with the movie Finding Nemo and have a collection of posters, knick knacks, antenna balls and stuffed clown fish. 2) I have a tramp stamp of a betta fish 3) I randomly make animal noises in public 4) I was a practicing Wiccan back in college.
    Posted by motoLyn[/QUOTE]

I just had a hilarious visual of you making a donkey sound in a library...
    www.nurseyk.weebly.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards