Not Engaged Yet
Options

Memorable

Re: Memorable

• Options
    sparkles88sparkles88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_memorable?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b4f78d34-9ac7-4515-8e6e-fca51c10c23dPost:1ce50061-1a0a-44e1-b4ca-3b8f834517ba">Re: Memorable</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Memorable : What all would you like to know? If you wanna see all of my pics of Ghana, here they are :D. I also studied abroad in Germany at Freie. Where did you go?
    Posted by ahstillwell[/QUOTE]

I was in Lüneburg. It's about half an hour south of Hamburg.

I guess I was wondering what a typical day is like there. The study abroad counselor said they don't always have running water, and the power goes out quite frequently. Also, what did you do for fun in your spare time? All the photos I've seen have led me to believe it's incredibly gorgeous, so I imagine a lot of people spend time exploring the natural surroundings. Am I far off with my guesses? I didn't do too much research on the program, since I knew I wasn't able to go. My knowledge of it comes from the few experiences I've heard.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

1. My cooking puts Rachel Ray to shame and I'm not afraid to admit it. However, I don't bake... mostly because I think recipes restrict creativity.

2. I'm addicted to health and cooking blogs.

3. My brain is bored when I'm not a student... I'm going on 30 and have yet to spend more than 1 consecutive semester away from college.

4. My dream job would be a "food designer" for restaurants whose menus change daily or weekly.

www.nurseyk.weebly.com
  • Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_memorable?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b4f78d34-9ac7-4515-8e6e-fca51c10c23dPost:949ff40c-421b-493f-a41d-89387197c38c">Re: Memorable</a>:
    [QUOTE]1. <strong>My cooking puts Rachel Ray to shame</strong> and I'm not afraid to admit it. However, I don't bake... mostly because I think recipes restrict creativity. 2. I'm addicted to health and cooking blogs. 3. My brain is bored when I'm not a student... I'm going on 30 and have yet to spend more than 1 consecutive semester away from college. 4. My dream job would be a "food designer" for restaurants whose menus change daily or weekly.
    Posted by NurseyK[/QUOTE]

<div>Can I come over for dinner tonight?</div>

• Options
    csousa1csousa1 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_memorable?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:b4f78d34-9ac7-4515-8e6e-fca51c10c23dPost:949ff40c-421b-493f-a41d-89387197c38c">Re: Memorable</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>1. My cooking puts Rachel Ray to shame and I'm not afraid to admit it. However, I don't bake... mostly because I think recipes restrict creativity</strong>. 2. I'm addicted to health and cooking blogs. 3. My brain is bored when I'm not a student... I'm going on 30 and have yet to spend more than 1 consecutive semester away from college. 4. My dream job would be a "food designer" for restaurants whose menus change daily or weekly.

Me too, exactly :P New one!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    RDR - Of course! We are grilling ugly steaks! (Skirt steak that has been marinating in mango juice for 5 days)
    www.nurseyk.weebly.com
  • Options
    Ollie08Ollie08 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011

Oooh what a fun idea!

1. Despite skipping a year in high school and starting college early, next semester will complete my 10th year working on an Associates degree.

2. I have 2 girls, and almost only had 1 because XH left when I was still reallly really early in the pregnancy.

3. I was planning my "second" wedding while I was planning my first.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    IrishDreamerIrishDreamer member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Nice post, Elle! :)

I happen to think I am very boring...but...let's see what I can come up with.

1) I have a tramp stamp of a phoenix (Does this go with Moto's??)
    2) I graduated high school at 16
    3) I was homeschooled for 4+ years
    4) I had a medical procedure done that most people in..well anywhere would hate me for...
    5) I have never lived in a house longer than 3 years
    6) I have never been out of the country
    7) I have never been further west that Chicago
    8) At age 25, I'm an office manager and project coordinator for a company that does over 1 million in business a year :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_memorable?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b4f78d34-9ac7-4515-8e6e-fca51c10c23dPost:15068c82-e8a2-402c-97c8-413f7ad7fafa">Re: Memorable</a>:
    [QUOTE]RDR - Of course! We are grilling ugly steaks! (Skirt steak that has been marinating in mango juice for 5 days)

<div>I love skirt steak. And Hangar cut steak. I hate that Hangar steak is such a difficult cut to buy from the butcher because it looks undesireable...but it's sooooooo good.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    AudgiePodgeAudgiePodge member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I was born on Easter.  I could be the new Jesus.

My ex-husband is in prison.
    I'm not good at feelings.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_memorable?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:b4f78d34-9ac7-4515-8e6e-fca51c10c23dPost:608d9d7f-b7bd-4c97-9161-c6d37c43920e">Re: Memorable</a>:
    [QUOTE]1. <strong>I have a "genius" level IQ, but I have been in College for 6 year for my BS so take that smarties and MKath... lol</strong> 2. I was engaged once before but we split up. (I am nervous about announcing another engagement someday, because I already did that once) 3. I have an Anxiety disorder that only about 2-5% of the population has. Although I am starting to work toward treatment to achieve recovery, this disorder can be eventually debilitating and leads to Agoraphobia in nearly all untreated patients. Can you see my Debbie Downer mood today in these? Sheesh! lol
    Posted by CCO2012[/QUOTE]

That's me as well...nice try :-P

O0o0oo...I thought of another one
    I spent 3 years attending a Mennonite school
  • Options
    Elle1036Elle1036 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_memorable?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b4f78d34-9ac7-4515-8e6e-fca51c10c23dPost:77c0f4d9-d138-45cc-b9ca-c9a41cbe9323">Re: Memorable</a>:
    [QUOTE]Nice post, Elle! :) I happen to think I am very boring...but...let's see what I can come up with. 1) I have a tramp stamp of a phoenix (Does this go with Moto's??) 2) I graduated high school at 16 3) I was homeschooled for 4+ years <strong>4) I had a medical procedure done that most people in..well anywhere would hate me for... </strong>5) I have never lived in a house longer than 3 years 6) I have never been out of the country 7) I have never been further west that Chicago 8) At age 25, I'm an office manager and project coordinator for a company that does over 1 million in business a year :)
    Posted by IrishDreamer[/QUOTE]

Care to share?  I feel like I might know, but I don't want to assume.
  • Options
    thejucheideathejucheidea member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_memorable?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b4f78d34-9ac7-4515-8e6e-fca51c10c23dPost:cdbcb924-de12-4ad3-a98b-0ab4cd521757">Re: Memorable</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Memorable :I guess I was wondering what a typical day is like there. The study abroad counselor said they don't always have running water, and the power goes out quite frequently. Also, what did you do for fun in your spare time? All the photos I've seen have led me to believe it's incredibly gorgeous, so I imagine a lot of people spend time exploring the natural surroundings. Am I far off with my guesses?
    Posted by sparkles88[/QUOTE]

I was working, so my morning started when I was woken up by morning prayers being broadcast from the mosque in town. I would get up, eat breakfast and bike a couple of miles from the house to the school where I was working. Where I was staying was on the opposite side of town from the school, so it was really nice being able to see Hohoe come alive as I was biking through. Once I got to the school, I worked there for eight or nine hours then returned through town to each dinner and listen to evening prayers from the mosque.

My first year, I did a lot more things outside of Hohoe. I went to Mole National Park, Wli waterfall, went hiking, et cetera. I never went down to the coast because it didn't interest me. One weekend, I went on my own to a lakeside hotel near Lake Volta and watched bad Nigerian movies during the night, thus spurring a dark interest in the baddest of Nigerian movies that continues to this day. I also liked going to church there as well as wandering around other places in town that most yevu did not dare travel to. One of my favorite things in the world is going to the market because of all of the colors and interacting with the sellers!

We had massive problems with power AND water in 2007. Ghana sold too much hydroelectric power to Togo, so we had 72 hours on and 72 hours off when it came to power. It was also during a drought, so things were a bit hairy. It was at least 98 every day and most days actually made it to 115. 2008, on the other hand, was pretty chilly and rainy. There were less power issues, but they were there. I don't think Accra has as many power issues as Hohoe and other places in the Volta region. Kumasi was also probably safe.

Ghana's a lot more civilized than most people think Africa would be. Yeah, it's rough at the edges, but it is so safe to be there and the people are great. It gets kinda old having people scream 'yevu!!' when you're going down the street, but whatever, you're the minority.

And it is beautiful, so beautiful.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_memorable?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:b4f78d34-9ac7-4515-8e6e-fca51c10c23dPost:02ae37bd-6aa7-4b74-81da-c4b2a85cd2a7">Re: Memorable</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Memorable : Care to share?  I feel like I might know, but I don't want to assume.
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't mind sharing. I don't regret making the decision to do it, but  it bothers me still.

I had an abortion while I was with my ExH.
  • Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_memorable?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b4f78d34-9ac7-4515-8e6e-fca51c10c23dPost:77c0f4d9-d138-45cc-b9ca-c9a41cbe9323">Re: Memorable</a>:
    [QUOTE]Nice post, Elle! :) I happen to think I am very boring...but...let's see what I can come up with. 1) I have a tramp stamp of a phoenix (Does this go with Moto's??) 2) I graduated high school at 16 3) I was homeschooled for 4+ years 4) <strong>I had a medical procedure done that most people in..well anywhere would hate me for...</strong> 5) I have never lived in a house longer than 3 years 6) I have never been out of the country 7) I have never been further west that Chicago 8) At age 25, I'm an office manager and project coordinator for a company that does over 1 million in business a year :)

<div>Are you gonna tell us?!</div><div>
    </div><div>Edited because you answered right before I asked.  That must have been a difficult choice for you to make Irish, but YOUR choice nonetheless & I don't think anyone around here would hate you for it at all!!   (I am pro-choice by the way) </div>

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_memorable?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:b4f78d34-9ac7-4515-8e6e-fca51c10c23dPost:93192ab2-9fc1-4bd5-aec3-c5550ef14d86">Re: Memorable</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Memorable : Are you gonna tell us?!
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]

See post above yours :-P
  • Options
    AudgiePodgeAudgiePodge member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_memorable?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b4f78d34-9ac7-4515-8e6e-fca51c10c23dPost:e0607134-3881-4554-8ce0-bcd5a0bb8a31">Re: Memorable</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Memorable : Yeah, I don't mind sharing.

<div>I don't hate you.  I had one too when I was 18.  it was with twins and I was in no way ready or living in a situation where I could bring up children safely and to the best of my ability.</div>
    I'm not good at feelings.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_memorable?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:b4f78d34-9ac7-4515-8e6e-fca51c10c23dPost:ccda23ea-ae0b-4fc2-b14b-bca438b74fa5">Re: Memorable</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Memorable : I don't hate you.  I had one too when I was 18.  it was with twins and I was in no way ready or living in a situation where I could bring up children safely and to the best of my ability.
    Posted by AudgiePodge[/QUOTE]

Mine wasn't twins... I was just really unhealthy (think 25 lbs Underweight), stressed, with an emotionally abusive jacka$$, working 50-60 hours a week, plus going to school. I was raised in a shiity homelife, and I swore to myself I would never put a child through what I went through.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_memorable?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:b4f78d34-9ac7-4515-8e6e-fca51c10c23dPost:43746e79-1cae-4201-af85-8b8220b004e8">Re: Memorable</a>:
    [QUOTE]Aw, Irish. It makes me sad that you feel like people would hate you for a decision that was right for you. It must have been hard enough without worrying about other people making judgements. :hugs:
    Posted by buggle2[/QUOTE]

Thanks, buggle. I kept it from everybody, outside of my ExH, and 2 friends for....over 4 years. I finally told my mom one day when I was really tripping out about a bunch of stuff.

I always felt like a hypocrite, because I was always for women to have the choice, but never thought if I were in that situation that I would do that...but I did. I made the right call for me and my life, and BF knows and understands...and knows that when we have kids, I'm gonna love the shiit out of them and be the best damn mom I can be (I raised my siblings).... so I'm okay with it now... I just have moments of sadness when I think about it.
  • Options
    thejucheideathejucheidea member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_memorable?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b4f78d34-9ac7-4515-8e6e-fca51c10c23dPost:52f0b418-c5f6-4078-ba94-4aeaa6e0aeac">Re: Memorable</a>:
    [QUOTE]The only people I judge for having abortions are those who use it as birth control.
    Posted by LivLeighton[/QUOTE]
    This.

• Options
    csousa1csousa1 member
    edited December 2011
    Irish how could anyone hate you!!! We looooove you! Thank you for sharing, and I can appreciate that it must have been an incredibly difficult decision to make, but the right decision nonetheless. You are such a strong lady!
  • Options
    lennonkdclennonkdc member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hate any one who would hate you Irish! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    cu97tigercu97tiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    <span style="color:#000000;font-family:'Times New Roman';line-height:normal;font-size:medium;" class="Apple-style-span"><div style="font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:10px;background-color:initial;background-image:none;background-attachment:initial;background-origin:initial;background-clip:initial;color:#1f1f1f;font:normal normal normal 11px/14px Arial, sans-serif;text-align:left;"><div>1. I have been on national television as a sports broadcaster (Fox Soccer Channel)</div><div>2. When I was 3, I came in third in a beauty pageant and got to go to NYC to compete in the state pageant.</div><div>3. I have a tattoo of a Clemson Tiger Paw on my left hip</div><div>4. I have a blue engagement ring - not blue jewels, blue ring!</div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_memorable?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b4f78d34-9ac7-4515-8e6e-fca51c10c23dPost:e0607134-3881-4554-8ce0-bcd5a0bb8a31">Re: Memorable</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Memorable : Yeah, I don't mind sharing. I don't regret making the decision to do it, but  it bothers me still. I had an abortion while I was with my ExH.

<div>I had one as well, and certainly don't hate you. No one can judge a woman who has had to make that decision (unless like a PP said, they use it as birth control. That's just sick). </div><div>
    </div><div>I was not even remotely close to being emotionally mature enough to have a child, not to mention that the circumstances of the sexual encounter were sketchy (possible date rape drugs involved). :(</div></div></span>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    DanieKADanieKA member
    edited December 2011
    I'm kind of late to the game and don't have very many "interesting" things to add.

1) I've been on Total Request Live, WAAAYYYY back in the day when Carson Daly was hosting regularly. I got to request a video. 

2) Clearly because of #1, I am an "old" of the board. 29 and feeling fine. I used to really be hard on myself about why I hadn't met the love of my life by 18 or 22 or 24 like a lot of people i know IRL have or sometimes when I'm feeling old on the boards. But I wouldn't trade my relationship for anyone else's I know. So better now than before, I suppose. 

3) I think I give decent advice, and will respond to almost any post if I'm around, but I'm not really into sharing every intimate detail of my life on message boards. Consequently, it's hard for people to get to know "me." But I have no problem having people know my real name or my profession, etc.

4) I watch an insane amount of reality tv. insane. 

5) I think there are some things that people just cannot know or comprehend until they experience it for themselves and/or with age. I'm not to keen on people who think they know everything in their early 20s. No matter what kind of hard (or easy, or well traveled) life you've had. I know enough to know I don't know what I'm talking about regarding a lot of different things, KWIM? 

That's all I got. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1) I know every single film that won the Oscar for Best Picture. Every. Single. One. From 1927 to the present. I also know who won Best Director and for what for film.

2) I had an extremely rare tumor that only afflicts 1% of the population, and the stage I had it (Stage 1, the lowest - thank God) is also extremely rare. A bunch of neurologists had a conference about my case.

3) I love to sing, and I truly believe had I taken lessons and been trained at a young age, I could have become an opera singer. I think it's too late for me now.

4) I've never been on an airplane.

5) I've lived in NYC my whole life and still haven't been to the Statue of Liberty or the Empire State Building.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Fun-fun-fun!!!  I love learning all these detaills!

1.  I make my living 'passing gas" as an Air Force pilot (KC-135 - we offload fuel mid-air to pretty much everything flying).

2.  I'm absolutely terrified of anything that stings, but mostly stinging things with wings - hornets/wasps/bees/etc.  I once jumped into a pool to escape a wasp.  Not a big deal except that I had my grandmother's camera (back in the film days) with me, the strap wrapped around my wrist.  Needless to say, it never worked right after that.

3.  I was pretty painfully shy as a young girl.  I've been making up for it ever since.  Tongue out

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm late to the game, but...

1. I used to have smaller teeth. When I was 17, I had my gums "clipped." It's a procedure where they shaved off part of my gums to raise my gum line so that more of my teeth would show.

2. I'm studying to become a Licensed Professional Counselor.

3. I'm sure this isn't unique to me, but I started thinking about it when reading some of the other posts in this thread. I hate the term pro-life, because it assumes the opposite is anti-life. I am pro-life, in that I think all life has value (and thus am against the death penalty), but I believe in a woman's right to make important decisions about her own body and do not think anyone should take that choice away from her. It just really upsets me to hear that term used in the abortion debate.
    PhotobucketWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    DanieKADanieKA member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_memorable?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b4f78d34-9ac7-4515-8e6e-fca51c10c23dPost:46c3131d-3ac7-445d-9076-fd20db7d5cae">Re: Memorable</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm late to the game, but... 1.<strong> I used to have smaller teeth. When I was 17, I had my gums "clipped." It's a procedure where they shaved off part of my gums to raise my gum line so that more of my teeth would show</strong>. 2. I'm studying to become a Licensed Professional Counselor. 3. I'm sure this isn't unique to me, but I started thinking about it when reading some of the other posts in this thread. I hate the term pro-life, because it assumes the opposite is anti-life. I am pro-life, in that I think all life has value (and thus am against the death penalty), but I believe in a woman's right to make important decisions about her own body and do not think anyone should take that choice away from her. It just really upsets me to hear that term used in the abortion debate.
    Posted by AnneR15[/QUOTE]

<div>I've also had this done! I was also a teenager and had painfully tiny teeth. Seriously, I'd do it again in a heartbeat! I don't think I've ever "met" anyone else who's also had it done. That's pretty cool. </div>
  • Options
    alanna91alanna91 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Meg- I went on a KC-135 refueling incentive flight a couple of years ago. Definitely top 3 coolest things I've done in ROTC.

1) I had a Madonna gap (slightly larger, actually) in my teeth before braces. In kindergarden, my friend and I were running and she had me by the arm and she ran me into some kid. The impact of my teeth against his skull caused my front tooth to fall out, and that tooth wasn't supposed to fall out until I was 11. So for about five years, I had an extra large gap. Charming.

2) I'm really pale and really blonde, but have Mi'kmaq heritage.

3) I have a horrible relationship with food. I've been a vegetarian since I was fourteen. I would go through stages when all I could eat was popcorn, graham crackers, and water. Not because I had body issues, but because I thought food was gross. So glad I've moved on from that phase. I'm still a vegetarian, but I really enjoy food now and love to cook.
    White Knot
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_memorable?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b4f78d34-9ac7-4515-8e6e-fca51c10c23dPost:f835d17c-80e5-41d6-87c4-57bbb7734161">Re: Memorable</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Memorable : I've also had this done! I was also a teenager and had painfully tiny teeth. Seriously, I'd do it again in a heartbeat! I don't think I've ever "met" anyone else who's also had it done. That's pretty cool. 
    Posted by DanieKA[/QUOTE]

<div>I haven't met anyone else who's done it either. That's crazy! I feel the same as you - if I had the chance to go back, I'd defnitely do it again. Afterward, my friends starting calling them my "magic teeth," haha.</div><div>
    </div><div>Also, some friends wrote a poem about me once (long camp story), and they actually put in the line "'You've got tiny teeth,' said Dr. Skip. Maybe you should get your gums clipped!" For whatever reason, I've always remembered that. Ridic.</div>
    PhotobucketWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_memorable?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b4f78d34-9ac7-4515-8e6e-fca51c10c23dPost:ce148bdb-7e3e-4380-bafc-2f63bfb7aa14">Re: Memorable</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Meg- I went on a KC-135 refueling incentive flight a couple of years ago. Definitely top 3 coolest things I've done in ROTC. </strong>
    Posted by alanna91[/QUOTE]

How fun!!  I love doing incentive flights, especially for ROTC, Academy cadets, Scouts, etc.  Most of them think it's a good time and then every once in awhile we get someone who seems to be really inspired by what we do and that makes me happy!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards