Options

Memorable

13»

Re: Memorable

• Options
    ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

Irish- I could never hate you!  Even though I don't agree with abortion (flame away but I don't) I still don't hate you or even look down on you!  You are an awesome person and it must have been an incredibly hard choice.  <3  *hugs*  And *hugs* to Tiger, and Auntie as well!

Hmm interesting things about me.

1. By the time I was 18 I had been to 10 different countries.

2. My goal is to be fluent in 7 languages before I die (hopefully a lot sooner).

3. I love riding horses and actually ride fairly well.

4.  I spent a week in DC two weeks after 911 with my family, there were no lines it was awesome!

5. I was homeschooled until 6th grade.

6. I was 5'8" by 7th grade, taller than ALL the boys.

7. I can't stick my tongue very far out of my mouth.  I have an extra piece of skin there that is holding it down :(  So I am not good at making out.

8.  I have a birth mark that looks like a butterfly on my back (like a tramp stamp)

"Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    SopChickSopChick member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_memorable?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b4f78d34-9ac7-4515-8e6e-fca51c10c23dPost:2d4c7b55-49d9-4c12-b050-68d63f7c7d96">Re: Memorable</a>:
    [QUOTE]Irish- I could never hate you!   Even though I don't agree with abortion (flame away but I don't) I still don't hate you or even look down on you!   You are an awesome person and it must have been an incredibly hard choice.   <3   *hugs*   And *hugs* to Tiger, and Auntie as well!   Hmm interesting things about me.   1. By the time I was 18 I had been to 10 different countries. 2. My goal is to be fluent in 7 languages before I die (hopefully a lot sooner). 3. I love riding horses and actually ride fairly well. 4.   I spent a week in DC two weeks after 911 with my family, there were no lines it was awesome! 5. I was homeschooled until 6th grade. 6. I was 5'8" by 7th grade, taller than ALL the boys. 7. I can't stick my tongue very far out of my mouth.   I have an extra piece of skin there that is holding it down :(   So I am not good at making out. <strong>8.   I have a birth mark that looks like a butterfly on my back (like a tramp stamp)</strong>
    Posted by ravenray[/QUOTE]

I have a birthmark on my neck that looks like a hickey! I remember when I was in first grade (so, 6 years old maybe?) a kid in 8th grade asked if I had a hickey. I went home and asked my mom what a hickey was, lol
    Canada Cat Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1.I have been dancing since I was 2 I was still in diapers so I've been dancing longer than I've been potty trained.

2. Any quote from The Princess Bride makes me dissolve into giggles!

3. I've performed in over 40 plays and musicals since the age of 14.  I was the last group cut when auditioning as a dancer for footloose on broadway when the needed new dancers.  It helped that the choreographer was one of my dance teachers.

Anniversary

• Options
    ravenrayravenray member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_memorable?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b4f78d34-9ac7-4515-8e6e-fca51c10c23dPost:2dc8672e-703a-49d3-bceb-01512bad0c80">Re: Memorable</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Memorable : I have a birthmark on my neck that looks like a hickey! I remember when I was in first grade (so, 6 years old maybe?) a kid in 8th grade asked if I had a hickey. I went home and asked my mom what a hickey was, lol
    Posted by SopChick[/QUOTE]
    <p class="MsoNormal">Lol that is awesome!<span>  </span>Did she tell you?</p> <p class="MsoNormal">I also have a scar on my chest/neck that is a square.<span>   </span>Just the corners of a square but still, I got it falling off my horse and into a fence post that did not give at all!</p>
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    ravenrayravenray member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_memorable?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b4f78d34-9ac7-4515-8e6e-fca51c10c23dPost:4a3c0e03-6c4b-43d9-b06f-098d147c75d0">Re: Memorable</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Memorable : Me too. I think it may have scarred me for life. I settled out at 5'10.5" but I hate being tall. 
    Posted by LivLeighton[/QUOTE]
    I think it might have too.  No one wanted to be friends with freakishly tall (well almost no one).  I do like being tall now but not back then!

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    deburnindeburnin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1.) I’m obsessed with Disney. To the point that people will try to tell me something “new” and I’m always like “Yes, I know this. Why do you think that I wouldn’t?” lol The only people who can surprise me with new Disney things on a semi-regular basis are my sisters. Avatarland expansion at Animal Kingdom? Yeah, I knew about that five minutes after they announced it, stop texting me. lol

2.) I’m Native American (Seneca) and not just .0008%. My dad’s as full blood as you can get now a days.

3.) I was in my first musical when I was ten (Oliver) and have been in ~15 since then (no where close to danser. Holy cow!). I’m just getting back into auditioning locally and also taking dance lessons again for the first time in six years (my body is not liking me lol).

4.) I suffer from social anxiety/phobia disorder. The fact that I even post on these boards is a really big deal for me. Just a few years ago I wouldn’t have been able to. I couldn’t eat in public, use public restrooms, be in an aisle that had another person in it while shopping, or interact with people for very long (I would stress myself out to the point of being ill). In high school I used to fake being sick so that I wouldn’t have to have social interactions. When I got my first job at 16, I ended up in the hospital for a week because I coudn’t eat and dropped down to 88lbs. I was 18 when I was officially diagnosed with SAD and depression. It’s been a really hard road, but for the most part I’ve learned to deal with the anxiety.

5.) And to end on a less serious note, I’m tongue tied. I can’t stick out my tongue. 
    ~*~Sept 2013 Siggy Challange - Then (2005) & Now (2012)~*~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Somebody once said, it's the soul that matters. Baby who can really tell, when two hearts belong so well?
    Tale as Old as Time (Updated 11/26) Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so totally late to this game, but I wanna play.

1. I'm planning on studying sharks for the rest of my life.

2. I have a serious heel fetish.

3.  I love to sew and need to get my tucus in gear on about 6 projects.

4.  I studied in Germany my senior year of HS for the whole year - I now speak fluent German.

5. I have celiac disease.  :)

6.  I graduated with a BS in Biology in 3 years.  I was at the school for 4 years, but I changed my major from international relations to biology after freshman year and spent the last three years of my college career playing catch up.  And still graduated with above a 3.0

7. I saw Third Eye Blind in concert last year, and was in the very front row - the lead singer (Stephen Jenkins) sang something obscene, and then looked straight at me and said "Not you..." and blew me a kiss.  :)
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    thejucheideathejucheidea member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_memorable?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:b4f78d34-9ac7-4515-8e6e-fca51c10c23dPost:ce4fa5ce-c6e0-4ba4-80b3-22de0304bea9">Re: Memorable</a>:
    [QUOTE]5. I have celiac disease.  :) Posted by peekaboo2011[/QUOTE]
    I do too!

• Options
    tuarceathatuarceatha member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_memorable?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b4f78d34-9ac7-4515-8e6e-fca51c10c23dPost:0bf6e799-4580-4077-871a-80c954633395">Re: Memorable</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Memorable : I haven't met anyone else who's done it either. That's crazy! I feel the same as you - if I had the chance to go back, I'd defnitely do it again. Afterward, my friends starting calling them my "magic teeth," haha. Also, some friends wrote a poem about me once (long camp story), and they actually put in the line "'You've got tiny teeth,' said Dr. Skip. Maybe you should get your gums clipped!" For whatever reason, I've always remembered that. Ridic.
    Posted by AnneR15[/QUOTE]

Both my mother and sister had this done a couple of years ago. Its an amazing outcome--their smiles are gorgeous now!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Um, y'all know me. I'm probably best known for starting the SoBe and chupacabra jokes around here. That, and having a ridiculous amount of DIY at our wedding.

Interesting tidbits about me (probably know most of these, but wth)...

1) I'm allergic to tomato. As in, I break out in hives and start vomiting like Linda Blair in The Exorcist. I've never let it go far enough to know if my throat will close up.

2) I have endometriosis, spina bifida, and chronic depression. I'm pretty sure I also have chronic fatigue syndrome or fibromyalsia, but we're working on sorting that one out. At one point, I had PTSD and a bitchy gallbladder that Buttons nicknamed Pearl. One of my BFFs has nicknamed me "Medical Wasteland".

3) I've got a mild (cough cough) obsession with cheesy killer animal/disaster movies. They crack me the hell up. When SyFy has marathons of those suckers, I'm stuck to the TV all friggin day.

4) For all the joking about my recipes, I did actually have a poster here use two of my cupcake recipes for her wedding cupcakes. That was pretty amazing. :)

5) I had my bachelors at 20. I was (f*ck it, still am) a bit of an overachiever.

6) I have two tattoos (at the moment). I got them both in the same sitting. That earned me my nickname of "BAMF".

7) I was a dancer for 16 years. I had planned to minor in dance until a back injury kicked that dream to the curb. I'm hoping to find a studio down here to maybe just get back into the studio 1-2 a week for fun.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"Oceana swings from logical to anus punching." - Buttons

Planning / Married / Blog

• Options
    Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_memorable?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b4f78d34-9ac7-4515-8e6e-fca51c10c23dPost:0bbb52fa-1aaf-4546-846c-a27c98731f43">Re: Memorable</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh dear, reading all this makes me feel SO uninteresting, haha. 1) My mom had me when she was 17.  I was at her high school graduation!  I was probably in early elementary school when I figured this out (not that it was a secret).  I was digging in the cupooard, and found a coozy with "Class of 1983" on it.  And I was all, who graduated the year I was born?  Ha. 2) I'm the first person to go to college in my family, and I have my J.D.  This made me very special in my family until my super smart sister started studying chemical engineering.  3) I love animals that I'm scared of, specifically alligators, crocodiles, sharks and snakes.  I will watch any program about them, and I love seeing them at zoos or aquariums.  But I'm super, super scared of them, and convinced that I will be attacked and eaten by one at some point in my life (if a serial killer doesn't get me first).  <strong>4) Going off of 3, I was devastated when Steve Irwin died.  Crushed.</strong>
    Posted by polo1425[/QUOTE]

Oh, me too.  I cried.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards