Not Engaged Yet

What happened?

This board has seemed to have died for the afternoon. I guess I must be the only bored soul left at work for the day.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: What happened?

• edited December 2011
    I'm still here!
    Anniversary
  • babybchbumbabybchbum member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm around but off to go bake Snickers Brownies and then top it with vanilla ice cream and caramel!
  • edited December 2011
    BBB save some for me!
    image image image image 
    "but you're SO FUNNY, button! you're so funny i kind of want to crawl into your skin and wear it as my own. " - NarwhalYou, my dear, are the Queen of the Beebees. Here's a tiara - Oceana 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • loopy82loopy82 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah no kidding. I want carmel ice cream brownies too. Oh speaking of.... the ooey gooey carmel brownie blizzard from Dairy Queen is absolutely phenomenal!!
  • katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm around. Too lazy to make a post bc my brain is fried.

: )

TGIF
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did have to refresh a few times to make sure I wasn't crazy.
  • loopy82loopy82 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_happened-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:b83365bf-db49-4e7b-b31a-a7c4163549a2Post:2d68ee19-03b5-455b-9b45-144586ed941a">Re: What happened?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I did have to refresh a few times to make sure I wasn't crazy.
    Posted by katanne9[/QUOTE]

To make sure you weren't hallucinating?
  • edited December 2011
    I'm just getting back from house hunting.  However, the house went pending this morning.  Realtor is checking to see if they are accepting back-up offers.  It is a major fixer, but a great investment.  We would live there for 3 years or so and then keep it as a rental property.   

I am about to get cracking on the decorations for our nephew's party. 

I want brownies now.  Great.  I was already contemplating going to the cupcake shop down the street.  It isn't bad when you walk there.  Right?  Innocent
  • tafft1tafft1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm just sitting at home doing laundry and watching "Say yes to the Dress" - the only wedding show i actually like or enjoy lol. It's making me anxious to go try on dresses next month but am still petrified that i will go into every place and be told i'm too fat and they will have no samples at all for me to try on..lol..
    Photobucket Anniversary www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • loopy82loopy82 member
    edited December 2011
    So I had bought a pair of wedding shoes. I really wasn't sole on them. I thought they were a bit too plain. Then I found 2 different pairs of purple shoes on sale at payless and bought those. Today I decided to wear that first pair of wedding shoes. Man am I glad I didn't decide to wear these for the wedding. They are not comfortable!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Loopy - to make my internet was working. That's the biggest lull I've ever seen on NEY : P

Mutley - you're good if you walk. I, unfortunately, am in PMS mode and ate a brownie at lunch, and THEN we had cake for my boss' birthday. Sigh. Fatty!
  • loopy82loopy82 member
    edited December 2011
    Tafft - I really do not think they will tell you that. I am pretty sure that most/all dress shops carry dresses in multiple sizes. You could always check with them when you make the appointment so you don't make a wasted trip.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    tafft - any store worth their salt should have a variety of sizes. when are you going to start???
  • loopy82loopy82 member
    edited December 2011
    Mutley - you're pregnant. You deserve a brownie.

Kat - I get it. Honestly I was confused. That can happen easily sometimes though. :) - Loopy didn't come out of thin air.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hahaha, no worries Loopy. I'm also feeling pretty loopy right now too.
  • edited December 2011
    I think that after yesterday anything would seem like a lull. 

Tafft, I am not sure if you want to come up this way.  I want to say that Apple_Green posted on the Nor Cal board about size friendly bridal shops.  Where are you thinking of going?  (I know nothing about the shops up here.  I went in San Diego.)

Loopy, wear the other pairs for a day as well.  I am soo glad that I broke my shoes in before the wedding.  Also, this stuff rocks!  I used it last weekend and kept my shoes on the whole night.

Kat, that sounds like a perfect day to me.  I am TRYING to be super healthy after last weekend.  I stocked up on fruits and veggies at the store yesterday.  It helped that raspberries and pineapples were on sale.  I love both! 

I might bake a cake tonight.  I just don't know what kind.  I have to work on my SIL on Sunday.  I am hoping that in two weeks I will be making the train cake.  

Warning Ugly House Pics Below

No, I do not know what they did to the carpet.  Those black stains are throughout the house.  Luckily, there is hardwood underneath.

Kitchen Remodel, Here We Come!

• tafft1tafft1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_happened-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b83365bf-db49-4e7b-b31a-a7c4163549a2Post:370ec54e-a6e7-465d-b0c2-91d771e45644">Re: What happened?</a>:
    [QUOTE]tafft - any store worth their salt should have a variety of sizes. when are you going to start???
    Posted by katanne9[/QUOTE]

I'm starting in late May or Early June depending on schedules. We only have one car right now and most of my female friends are busy when i'm free so it's going to be a challenge. I want my MOH to be there as I am closest to her but with her health problems and what not I may have to actually go alone..which I guess I am scared of. Some may think i am starting too early - since wedding is May 2011 but i want plenty of time to try on multiple styles and types and find soemthing in budget as well that looks decent on me.

Right now to give an idea I am about 5'2 and around 245lbs ( unsure because we need to buy a scale , LOL) and usually a street size 18-22 depending.. /><

I'm just ridiculosly self concious and know how wedding dresses can run so damn small and the number size I may be is scaring me..bleh. I do plan to call ahead to the places before hand as well. I don't expect them to have every style in my size and am prepared to try and squeeze into something smaller just to "get an idea" but it's scary for me , totally out of my comfort zone. So for now I am going to stick to eating better , working out and doing what I can and trying not to stress..but it's hard. Watching these shows and seeing a wide variety of people is a way that makes me feel a little better..as odd as that sounds.
    Photobucket Anniversary www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mutley - at least it IS ugly... then you HAVE to remodel. Tongue out

If it was so-so you may have to leave it for a while. Yell

Ahhhh, I love projects.
    edited December 2011
    The house looks like ti would be lots of fun to redo. I'll save you all some brownies and ice cream but I don't know if it would be good to ship.

I love the regulars on this board and was thinking of starting a RAK (random act of Kindness) list (get addresses and send little notes of goodies randomly to others.)
    I don't know how people would feel about this idea at all. Thoughts?
  • edited December 2011
    Tafft, seriously.  If you do not want to go alone, I can come.  Warning though, I truly honest IRL.  My MOH took me with her knowing that I would tell what worked and what didn't. 

Kat, we are really only looking at fixers.  DH used to flip houses and my dad is a contractor.  We see no point in paying for others' design tastes.  Plus this way we will get more bang for our buck.  We hope to close in June, remodel through June and July, and finally move in mid-August.  Yes, we are insane.   

It has major potential for curb appeal.

• edited December 2011
    BBB, I love that idea.  My one concern would be keeping it closed and being stringent about who we let in.   
    edited December 2011
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tafft - That's really exciting! what styles are you thinking of?

Mutley - That's the perfect situation for a fixer-upper. It's nice that you'll be able to make it "yours". FI and I would love to be able to do something similar and end up renting it out as well.

BBB - I also think that could be a lot of fun! My concern would also be controlling who exactly is given my personal information.
  • tafft1tafft1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_happened-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b83365bf-db49-4e7b-b31a-a7c4163549a2Post:25331ec4-17a4-4ba0-9bf8-1b1fb775cd7b">Re: What happened?</a>:
    [QUOTE] Tafft, I am not sure if you want to come up this way.  I want to say that Apple_Green posted on the Nor Cal board about size friendly bridal shops.  Where are you thinking of going?  (I know nothing about the shops up here.  I went in San Diego.)
    Posted by **Mutley**[/QUOTE]

I am keeping my options way open , and FI has told me if needed he will drive me wherever I want and wait patiently outside or keep himself busy - there is Trudy's in  Campbell which is pretty popular around here , Going to check out David's Bridal because of the selection though not keeping my hopes up from some experiences , also Kay's Bridal in Castro Valley is close and a friend recommended them , Alfred Angelo in Roseville as well are on my list.
    edited December 2011
    Well I am willing to start it and get some ideas from you wonderful ladies on here.
  • loopy82loopy82 member
    edited December 2011
    Tafft- That Kitty Chen Contessa dress is absolutely GORGEOUS!!
  • tafft1tafft1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_happened-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b83365bf-db49-4e7b-b31a-a7c4163549a2Post:a8c6c9ea-bba0-4090-a302-c2acfa7810cb">Re: What happened?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Tafft- That Kitty Chen Contessa dress is absolutely GORGEOUS!!
    Posted by loopy82[/QUOTE]

Yeah thats the one I am totally omg in love with "on paper" now on my body i could look like a marshmallow LOL!

And Mutley I will defiitely keep that in mind and it means alot to me - being basically a nobody on here and willing to go out of your way means a great deal to me !
    By the way the I see alot of potential in that house ! <3

As for styles - my Bio has a few - going to try and compile alot more in the coming weeks and days off work now that the house is clean , finally. I am definitely leaning towards something more romantic - it's both me and FI's style - lace is fine but not all over - A-line or dropped waist will probably work on me best , i love rouching as well and am open to any style - sleeveless , small cap sleeves - thinking with my well endowed top heavy-ness a sweetheart neckline would be best. Corset backs are my favorite as well but again , we will see what works soon :)
  • tafft1tafft1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh and BBB - i am totally with you on that idea. I have not felt so connected to a group of people in a long time and my favorite part of the day is coming here and seeing how everyone is doing <3
  • edited December 2011
    Tafft - I would definitely call ahead. I wear between size 14-16 and had some trouble because the samples for the "regular size" dresses were too small and the plus size ones were too big. Just go in knowing that really none of the samples will fit you and the number is ridiculous. I pretty much wear a size 14 in everything just the occasional 16. My wedding dress is a size 20. Try not to think about it. You'll get an idea of what will look good.

Mutley - That house has awesome potential! I wish that FI or I had any idea how to remodel. It's a great way to get a house in not so great shape and make it yours. Our house was in great shape so we didn't need to do much but it's not exactly how I would want a house. It's a starter for now.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • tafft1tafft1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_happened-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b83365bf-db49-4e7b-b31a-a7c4163549a2Post:12e3ef73-b574-4b57-81d5-fd4f2d3b29af">Re: What happened?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Tafft - I would definitely call ahead. I wear between size 14-16 and had some trouble because the samples for the "regular size" dresses were too small and the plus size ones were too big. Just go in knowing that really none of the samples will fit you and the number is ridiculous. I pretty much wear a size 14 in everything just the occasional 16. My wedding dress is a size 20. Try not to think about it. You'll get an idea of what will look good. [/QUOTE]

Thanks for the advice - definitely the mindset I am going in with and not letting the "number" affect me lol. Never have before so not going to now , but yeah definitely going to call ahead just to save myself and them time as well. Appreciate the input it helps alot :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards