Not Engaged Yet

Dinner

You guys.  I made cilantro lime tilapia tacos (click) with creamy cilantro tomatillo dressing (click), both from SkinnyTaste & it was AMAZING. I left out the avocado to save a couple points so I could have 3 tacos instead of 2. 

Highly, recommend. HIGHLY. (Except for those of you that loathe cilantro, of course)

That is all.

Re: Dinner

• That does sound amazing. I'll have to try that soon. I made "barbecued" shrimp (meaning I tossed it in a seasoning rub and grilled it on the stove) and baked Mac and cheese with bacon and spinach.
  • We're having meatloaf and mashed cauliflower tonight. I gotta make those fish tacos! My mom's blood preasure has been through the roof lately and apparently having fish and shell fish (low mercury kinds) twice a week is great for reducing BP. So we're gonna try to eat more seafood.
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• Elle: That sounds sooo good too! I love shrimp.  Also, I'm super jealous of your mac & cheese. 

Bean: We have tilapia probably about once a week.  I like non-fishy-tasting fish haha.  I was going to make mashed cauliflower later this week but decided to go with roasted broccoli instead because we just had cauliflower not too long ago. I love veggies!

• Well a small is 6 slices, right? And it's think crust. And it had mushrooms. Don't feel bad. I would have eaten 2 small pizzas on my own. Soooooo hungry right now! I'm waiting for Donald and Little Bean to get home from scouts so we can have our late dinner and then HIMYM on Netflix with Donald. But mostly I'm concerned about stuffing my face. 
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• Liv: I couldn't be more jealous of your dinner. I've been tempted with pizza twice (IRL) since I gave it up.  I too could eat a large pizza on my own.  

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_dinner-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:ba66ced3-56fb-46f7-b1f4-276f8759800aPost:ad49abf9-9442-451f-a566-8f278388e4e7">Re: Dinner</a>:
    [QUOTE]Not gonna lie, it was delicious. I'm not allowed to eat tomatoes right now because of the whole migraine-trigger thing, so white pizza is the closest I've been able to come to anything Italian-like. It wasn't quite the same, but definitely yummy!
    Posted by LivLeighton[/QUOTE]

<div>White pizza is delicious! I would have doused it in garlic.  I love garlic & I don't care how stinky it makes me :)</div>

• Jon picked up B from school, and they had McD's...then I came home and cooked some chicken breasts with a light spray of oil and a light sprinkle of garlic powder and chili powder.  Made brown rice and steamed carrots and cauliflower to go with it.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_dinner-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:ba66ced3-56fb-46f7-b1f4-276f8759800aPost:cd3fbaf1-b074-4161-94b5-d32ec41633cf">Re: Dinner</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dinner : White pizza is delicious! I would have doused it in garlic.  I love garlic & I don't care how stinky it makes me :)
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]

I LOVE garlic, a lot.  Luckily Jon does too!  My ex hated the smell of garlic...sometime he still complains that our son likes it so much and stinks...hehe! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • guys I'm so jealous of your dinners! I got home from work late and couldn't really make dinner so I had butternut squash soup, and a little bit of almond butter on multigrain bread..  :(
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • dinner went off without a hitch!  whew.  now I'm going to relax and take a long soak.  and maybe hunt down some gelato in a little bit.  ;)
  • Thanks for those recipe links RDR - they look really good!! 

We're doing late dinner tonight.  FI's birthday was yesterday and I wasn't here so I'm making him birthday dinner tonight.  He picked everything out & we're cooking together.  Just finished our standard salad (50/50 mix, feta, avocado, red onion, and a vinaigrette).  Next up is a BBQ bacon stuffed meat loaf and polenta with parmesan.  Then I make oreo poke cake (clicky) for dessert.  YUM!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards