Not Engaged Yet
Options

another food post...

So I decided on the lobster with small filets and roasted brussel sprout/ broccoli with parmesan and red pepper flakes, red lobster biscuits and wine.

Now, I need a steak recipe. I like my filet medium and I am a pretty good cook so I can tackle difficult recipes just fine.

TIA!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: another food post...

• Options
    SKP82SKP82 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    This is the BEST filet recipe!

Equal parts olive oil and balsamic vinegar (1/4 cup of each)
    2 Tbsp honey
    2 Tbsp dijon mustard
    1 Tbsp rosemary (crush between your fingers before adding)
    Pepper (couple grinds)

Mix all ingredients in a tupperware dish with a lid.  Pierce steaks with fork on each side.  Marinade as long as possible, turning halfway through marinade time.

Top with feta cheese and carmelized onions.

Carmelized onions:
    1 Sweet onion, halved, then sliced into 1/4" slivers
    2 Tbsp sugar
    3 Tbsp butter (or half butter/half olive oil)

Melt butter in a non-stick pan over medium heat.  Add onions and saute until tender.  Add sugar and cook until onions brown.

This is my go-to recipe for filet and NEVER fails!

ETA: Sorry that I didn't add how to cook the steaks!  FI always grills them and I think he flips them twice - 4 minutes on each side, then another 4 on each side.  It depends on how you like them cooked and how thick the steaks are.  If they're on the smaller side, I would say maybe 2 - 3 minutes twice / side.  Always let the filets rest for a few minutes before serving. 

You can also use this guide:  CLICKY
    IMG_6364
    "Life is not orderly. No matter how we try to make life so, right in the middle of it we die, lose a leg, fall in love, drop a jar of applesauce." - Natalie Goldberg
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    THANKS! That sounds super yummy!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards