Not Engaged Yet
Options

You can punch me, it's ok (vent)

I snuck a peak at our BBB registry and I was a little dissapointed that the plate settings and kitchen aid remains untouched. So I called my mom to ask her if the BBB cards were included with the shower invitations (you know, the ones with your pre-printed names and registry number). She said that the store name was definitely typed in.... but the cards were not included. She then went on to tell me that she hasn't even looked at our registry. I had asked her a couple times already to look at it and see if I might be forgetting anything.

Our wedding is in 23 days and I'm super annoyed that my own mother hasn't even looked at it. I really want the kitchen aid and a new set of plates. Grr.

Ok, flame me now for being a gift grabby attention whore. Then punch me.

/grumpypants vent is over.

www.nurseyk.weebly.com

Re: You can punch me, it's ok (vent)

• Options
    If you recall, I was on here freaking out about a week and a half before my best friend's shower that people had barely touched her registry. They ended up getting everything on their registry, most of it at the shower.

People usually wait until the last minute, don't worry!
  • Options
    I thought including where you are registered in any sort of pre-wedding or wedding invitation was a big etiquette no-no?

• Options
    You know when I buy wedding gifts? The night before the wedding.  You have time :)  Relax.  Plus BBB gives you 10% off of everything that.  :)  Everything will be ok.
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_you-can-punch-me-its-ok-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:bd9124f5-c274-43d3-8d91-54342d778becPost:3bda4999-a48a-42da-ba91-80d871f17bc1">Re: You can punch me, it's ok (vent)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I thought including where you are registered in any sort of pre-wedding or wedding invitation was a big etiquette no-no?
    Posted by bethsmiles[/QUOTE]

It's okay in the shower invite, because the whole point of a shower is for gifts, so it's generally expected to include registry info (a lot of people still don't like the cards, but they aren't 'wrong').  It is definitely a no-no to include anything in your wedding invite though.

But yeah, I'm a total last minute shopper, I usually wait till the day before or even the day of to buy anything for showers/weddings.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Im a night before or morning of shopper just because I know people look at their lists :) hehe

• Options
    Don't worry about it, Nursey! Especially if you have many guests that are travelling, they will most likely bring gift certificates, cash, or go shopping when they get in town.

For both my showers, most of the items were purchased in the two days before. Not one thing has been purchased since then... 

For ideas, take a look at my BB&B registry, maybe it will spark something that you want to register for?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    I wouldn't freak out too much. I've never bought a wedding present more than a week in advance. Ever. 

Also, if you are missing anything, you'll probably still get cash/cheques from lots of people so you can buy it yourself.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • Options
    Ya my post that TK ate was:
    You know when I buy gifts?  The night before the wedding.  So no stress it will all work out :)  And BBB gives you a 10% discount on items that didn't get bought!
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    Yeah, I generally buy gifts for showers the day before, or even the morning of. 

I also just give money for weddings, so when you get all that wedding cash, you can go to BBB and get the completion discount.
  • Options
    Yes, people WILL wait until the very last minute. I wouldn't worry. :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_you-can-punch-me-its-ok-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:bd9124f5-c274-43d3-8d91-54342d778becPost:3e69d22d-ccef-499e-97f0-ce7ac16a29a4">Re: You can punch me, it's ok (vent)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: You can punch me, it's ok (vent) : <strong> It's okay in the shower invite, because the whole point of a shower is for gifts, so it's generally expected to include registry info (a lot of people still don't like the cards, but they aren't 'wrong').</strong>  It is definitely a no-no to include anything in your wedding invite though. But yeah, I'm a total last minute shopper, I usually wait till the day before or even the day of to buy anything for showers/weddings.
    Posted by jemmini6[/QUOTE]

Oh ok.

I'm still side-eying this post though because it does sound super gift-grabby. To you the wedding is OMG only 23 days away! But to everyone else it's still 23 days away which is plenty of time to get a gift.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_you-can-punch-me-its-ok-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:bd9124f5-c274-43d3-8d91-54342d778becPost:cf57e12c-8356-492c-9082-c88bef115570">Re: You can punch me, it's ok (vent)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: You can punch me, it's ok (vent) : Oh ok. I'm still side-eying this post though because it does sound super gift-grabby. To you the wedding is OMG only 23 days away! But to everyone else it's still 23 days away which is plenty of time to get a gift.
    Posted by bethsmiles[/QUOTE]

That's okay, Beth. I think showers are gift grabby. I'm extreme.

Anyway, the others are right--there's still tons of time, and some people will just give money.
  • Options
    I think I'm just overly freaking about about everylittlething. Stress is mounting up on me.

Must. Get. Massage. Soon.
    www.nurseyk.weebly.com
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_you-can-punch-me-its-ok-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:bd9124f5-c274-43d3-8d91-54342d778becPost:69fa7855-76ec-439e-9f9a-336a2217daa3">Re: You can punch me, it's ok (vent)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: You can punch me, it's ok (vent) : That's okay, Beth. I think showers are gift grabby. I'm extreme.
    Posted by leia1979[/QUOTE]
    Same. I hope I've never put though a shower. I feel really uncomfortable when I get gifts :(.

• Options
    I'm not a fighter.

I think the PPs are right in that people wait til the last minute to buy gifts. We always go the weekend before.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards