Not Engaged Yet

*heyimbren*

Where was your sig pic taken?  It's absolutely gorgeous!

Re: *heyimbren*

• heyimbrenheyimbren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thank you!

it's at Moraine Lake in Banff National Park in Alberta :)
    i just got back from a vacation through the Rocky Mountains in Alberta and it was all gorgeous!
  • edited December 2011
    That's what I suspected.  I really want to go there.  I think FI would love it as well.  Any suggestions of places to go/see?
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lake Louise is beautiful of course, but i honestly preferred the scenery at Moraine Lake. part of my reason i'm sure is because it was a nicer day when we went to Moraine, but there are more trails there as well.

you can go to the Columbia Icefields and take a bus right out onto a glacier and they let you walk along it and everything too which was fun! snowing in july lol

if you get to go in July sometime, i'd definitely recommend the Calgary Stampede. i LOVED it and Calgary isn't too far from Banff. we stayed in Banff for a week and just drove around if we wanted to go anywhere. but definitely go to Banff. it's an interesting town, because it was started up with the goal of being a tourist town. so it is touristy, but they have really pretty architecture, and it's nestled right in the valley of the mountains. and good food and shopping.
    we also went in the Hot Springs which was really nice, but i didn't realize it was just a regular public pool basically... but people sit along the edges of it instead of swimming. but it is REALLY warm.
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Banff is wicked. 

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • edited December 2011
    It sounds awesome.

Just out of curiousity, how expensive is Banff for a vacation?
    edited December 2011
    It really depends on when you go, what you want to do, etc.  My BFF worked at a resort there for a year.  Ski season is busy and pretty expensive but off season isn't too bad.  You can get resort packages from $250-$1,000, depending on what you're looking for.

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • edited December 2011
    Hmmm... we'd probably go next summer.  Neither of us knows how to ski, so I wouldn't want to pay exorbitant prices to stick to bunny slopes.  The bunny slopes in the NE do me just fine. 

I think I will procrastinate this afternoon by planning a hypothetical vacation for next summer.

edited December 2011
    Do eeeeeeeeeeet!

Or, plan a hypothetical vacation to Nova Scotia. We're waaaay cooler!

Murried Bio
  • BCRockiesBCRockies member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have a picture of myself standing in almost the exact same spot with my cousin! I love visiting Banff/Lake Louise.

Banff can be a bit expensive for a tourist town but it's a gorgeous, fun place that I will visit anyway.

Noelle ~ there are things to do all year round depending on your interests. Lake Louise is amazing for skiing (I believe you can ride the gondolla up in the summer as well). There's also Nakiska for skiing in the area.

There are some natural hot springs outside of Banff but not sure where. If you're thinking summer then consider white water rafting down the Kananaskis.

Also, it's about 1.5 hours away from the BC border through the Banff/Kootenay National Parks. If you have access to a vehicle, I would suggest driving through here as you'll see some spectacular sites. *Just watch out for wildlife*
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Awesome.  Thanks!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    http://www.douglasfir.com/rooms_bachelor.html

^ that's where we stayed. it was really nice. i think a lot of the places in Banff are like this, like mini cottages, but they have a few "regular" hotels as well. and there was a little grocery store/liquor store right at the hotel so you could buy stuff there and cook for yourself.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards