Not Engaged Yet
Options

People that want their "Pretty Princess Day"

I saw this article on Jezebel. It's a reality show about women that are so anxious to be married they plan the whole wedding and surprise their significant other at the alter, all while a camera crew documents the drama. It made me think of some of the bizarre posts that occasionally occur on this board about women planning out the whole wedding without even being engaged yet.

http://jezebel.com/5696240/wannabe+brides-set-themselves-up-for-failure

Re: People that want their "Pretty Princess Day"

• Options
    calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Clearly you're a lurker... or an AE... so please introduce yourself!

We were talking about a show like that the other day... not sure if it's the same one.  Crazy cakes, totally crazy cakes!

I want to see a cross-over episode between this and Bridezillas!

Anniversary

• Options
    jemmini6jemmini6 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    This show is crazy.  I really hope these people are just trying to get on tb, and not actually that dellusional, but I doubt it.  I always say, if given the "we either get married or break up" ultimatum, the answer should always be the latter.  RUN!!!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    motoLynmotoLyn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Someone already posted about the show Jilted last week.  I have to say I think that society is going down the drain when reality TV shows are getting worse and worse.  I think IQs are dropping. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes, because surprising your SO at the altar is key to a lasting relationship.
  • Options
    Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I've posted this link before, but I thought it was appropriate here, too:

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Surprise!+You%27re+gonna+marry+me+in+10+minutes-a0202147484

ETA:  You'll have to copy and paste it into your browser...
  • Options
    loopy82loopy82 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The show was brought up last night.... so not even that far down the board.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011

FI and I watched this last night because it was such a trainwreck and the ladies that know me - know I can't turn a blind eye to a good trainwreck. However, there was another "show" like this on in 2002 or something. It was not a series.

On another note yes you are an AE or a lurker so please intro yourself. Don't talk crap about my pretty, pretty princess day!!!! It's my day and I will have a pony if I want to. My BF loves me and he'll marry me in a week if I say so!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    sparkles88sparkles88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oops! Sorry, I didn't mean to bring up old news. I haven't been online for a few days and was hurriedly trying to check what I had missed in between busy periods at work. I must have somehow skipped the post on Jilted? and now I feel kind of silly.

Yes, I am a lurker, but I did introduce myself a little while back on the "Introduce Yourself Here" board. I guess I will do so again for good measure :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards