Not Engaged Yet

Gluten free folks

I've always had stomach aches in the morning, and recently (like a year) they've been happening at night as well, sometimes waking me up.  It's not my BC, since it's been happening since I was a kid.  It's not terrible, but I was talking to my sister over Christmas about giving up gluten.  She says she feels much better without it, so I figure I might as well give it a try for a week or so and see if it helps my stomach.  

Any tips or recipes?  I'm also vegetarian, so that makes things a little more complicated.  

Re: Gluten free folks

• thejucheideathejucheidea East Nashville, Tennessee member
    Tenth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Love Its First Answer
    Jules gives a lot of great pointers and recipes: http://www.julesglutenfree.com/

Really, gluten free isn't as difficult as one might think. Just focus on eating whole foods and you shouldn't have many problems.

• Thanks!  I eat a lot of whole foods anyway, but also a lot of pasta and bread (usually whole wheat, but still...) I've stocked up on corn tortillas and quinoa, so we'll see how it goes!

• thejucheideathejucheidea East Nashville, Tennessee member
    Tenth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Love Its First Answer
    Bread is expensive as a mofo, but quinoa and corn pasta are available. You could also get shirataki -- they're crazy inexpensive but taste pretty good. If you like baking your own bread, I recommend the Pamela's brand of bread mix. Gluten Free Kitchen also has a good French bread recipe that makes a good general loaf.

• bethsmilesbethsmiles Denver, CO member
    10000 Comments Sixth Anniversary 500 Love Its First Answer
    I don't do gluten free but BF's sister and a few of my friends do so I try to keep some recipes on hand. This website http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com/p/vegan-vegetarian.html has some good recipes and she has a whole section that is vegan/vegetarian

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards