Not Engaged Yet
Options

How Do I Let My Boyfriend Know I Want To Take The Next Step?

Okay so I've been with my BF for almost 3 years now and I'd love to tie the knot but he seems to be oblivious to that. How do I hint at wanting that but make it seem like it was his idea all along?

Re: How Do I Let My Boyfriend Know I Want To Take The Next Step?

• Options
    AudgiePodgeAudgiePodge member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Talk to him about it.  Why does it need to seem like it's his idea?
    I'm not good at feelings.

• Options
    csousa1csousa1 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    You don't. Sit down and have a mature, adult conversation with him about where you want the relationship to go, and take it from there. You can start by asking him where he sees you guys in five years. If this is the person you want to spend the rest of your life with, you have to be able to tell him that and talk about it. No hinting necessary!
  • Options
    bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    If you can't have an open and honest conversation about getting married then you probably aren't ready to get married.

• Options
    kellyt89kellyt89 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_let-boyfriend-want-next-step?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:c54f533e-b51b-4b01-a537-c450c491ab22Post:a4de7a1d-95d2-4ef9-822b-ba9866753aa3">Re: How Do I Let My Boyfriend Know I Want To Take The Next Step?</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you can't have an open and honest conversation about getting married then you probably aren't ready to get married.
    Posted by bethsmiles[/QUOTE]

This. I'm hoping that you mean that you want to let him know that you'd like to take the next step in the very near future...and that this is not your first conversation about the future together. Don't try to play games - be honest with him and expect him to be honest with you.
    And if the stormy weather came...I'd just kiss you in the rain... Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i agree with everything the posters above have said.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Agree with PP. Talk it out or get out.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How?

"Hi BF.  Beautiful day, isn't it?  So...I was thinking.  I want to take the next step in our relationship.  What are your thoughts on this?"

See how UNcomplicated that was?
  • Options
    peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with everything said above.

And would just like to add that it was seriously difficult to reign in the sarcasm here...
    I french with my man
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards