Not Engaged Yet
Options

How would you trash the dress?

Okay- I think we've discussed this before. BUT- If you were to trash the dress...How would you do it?

Any examples of pictures?

And are you planning on trashing the dress?

ETA: And why DO people want to trash the dress?
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: How would you trash the dress?

• Options
    lunarsongbirdlunarsongbird member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

I would probably stomp grapes...

Or possibly walk through a creek-

And if I got a cheap enough dress at DB...perhaps I would, yes.

I've always kinda liked this picture of me. I don't remember who took it.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    This.  An excuse to put my dress on again plus an excuse to ride a jet ski all day?  Yes please.

Plus, it fits in with FI's and my personalities and the feel of our wedding.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I like the trash the dress pics, but I would buy a separate dress to trash something inexpensive but long and white. I'd more like to save my actual dress incase I had a daughter who would want it or parts of it in the future.

I love these pics... She is a girl I used to work with. I want her photographer! lol
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    elanniselannis member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like your ideas for trashing the dress. I'm not going to do it, but I like something woodsy like the stream idea. The grapes would be kinda neat too. I'm not a fan of beach scenes though. It seems like you'd get sand in all sorts of unwanted places, lol.

These are neat:

Ok, maybe not that last one, lol.
    -Ely

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am definitely trashing my dress and I can't wait! I think I am more excited about this session than I am about the actual wedding, except for the whole marry my best friend thing.

We are having this session in Grand Cayman. I think we are going to several different locations on the island. My FI's grandparents were born and raised there so we will probably have some in front of their old house, in town, and on the beach.

Pictures I have saved:

• Options
    Blue & WhiteBlue & White member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    BF & I were joking around the other day that we should have a scuba wedding.

For those of you that don't scuba, you can't really TALK underwater.  You use special scuba sign language.  So we were thinking the officiant could point to BF and me and say something like "together?" or "buddies?" (cause that's a sign we know in our circle, lol) and we could say back "ok!"  You can kiss for like 2 seconds, probably, as long as you don't lose your reg!

But I think that would trash any dress, haha.

If we really do that, by the way, it's going to be the best wedding ever.  In reality, we'll prob do a nice boring traditional wedding.  Ya know, after we get engaged and all.  (I think a scuba engagement would be very scary because I already lost an earring diving, lol)
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Options
    jemmini6jemmini6 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I'm donating my dress, so definitely not trashing it, but I think it'd be fun to buy a really super cheap long white dress and go diving in it or something.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    QuiltingNurseQuiltingNurse member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not that I am getting married anytime soon (who knows, maybe I won't ever get married), but I would likely go off roading in the jeep with doors and top off. Lots of mud and fun! Plus we absolutely love our jeep so it would be really 'us'. BF has already said if/when we get married we'll have to drive the jeep and have it in pictures so it would just make sense!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_would-trash-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:c5b74149-298c-491d-9c2c-bacb20866d9bPost:70d6606e-12dc-4785-bb8f-faffe16ecb95">Re: How would you trash the dress?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would want to do beach pictures. The fifth from the top that Nik just posted is from someone on E I think (?) and I've always admired her pictures. 
    Posted by LivLeighton[/QUOTE]

Probably is. I've stolen pics from a ton of people on the boards. I guess I should have kept a name to the pic.
  • Options
    jemmini6jemmini6 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_would-trash-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:c5b74149-298c-491d-9c2c-bacb20866d9bPost:dac3e212-6a56-424a-8428-c1f3aef52545">Re: How would you trash the dress?</a>:
    [QUOTE]BF & I were joking around the other day that we should have a scuba wedding. For those of you that don't scuba, you can't really TALK underwater.  You use special scuba sign language.  So we were thinking the officiant could point to BF and me and say something like "together?" or "buddies?" (cause that's a sign we know in our circle, lol) and we could say back "ok!"  You can kiss for like 2 seconds, probably, as long as you don't lose your reg! But I think that would trash any dress, haha. If we really do that, by the way, it's going to be the best wedding ever.  In reality, we'll prob do a nice boring traditional wedding.  Ya know, after we get engaged and all.  (I think a scuba engagement would be very scary because I already lost an earring diving, lol)
    Posted by Blue & White[/QUOTE]

You could use a FFM to do the ceremony, but that'd probably be impossible to take it off real quick for a kiss.

Did you see that one Four Weddings where they got married at the aquarium and surprised their guests by doing the ceremony in one of the tanks?  That was a pretty cool idea because all their guests were able to watch.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love this one:

I don't know if I could ever do a true trash the dress shoot, but I'd love to do a "rock the dress" shoot.  Where you still get fun pictures, but it doesn't ruin your dress.  That's probably more me - I'd die if I spent money on a dress and then ruined it.
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Beads921Beads921 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_would-trash-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:c5b74149-298c-491d-9c2c-bacb20866d9bPost:480e2d72-c85e-4fa5-9a56-94bf11be2be2">Re: How would you trash the dress?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love this one: I don't know if I could ever do a true trash the dress shoot, but I'd love to do a "rock the dress" shoot.  Where you still get fun pictures, but it doesn't ruin your dress.  That's probably more me - I'd die if I spent money on a dress and then ruined it.
    Posted by peekaboo2011[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I always thought a TTD would be fun, but now that I'm actually starting to have to think about buying a dress and how expensive that will be, I think I'd be really sad to ruin it. I think a rock the frock shoot would be fun though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love my dress and there's a ton of material so I think I want to get it made into a comforter or something afterwards.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards