Not Engaged Yet
Options

Had memorial service today for SO

It was simply perfect, exactly what he would have wanted. I was able to come up with words to express my love for him and how i am so glad he is in a better place. My work surprised me too, my boss is giving me the week off and the 3 out of 4 days i work i will get paid. This is so not company policy, since we weren't married i didn't get any bereavement time and took a fmla day today.
 So that was truly unexpected and wonderful. I've gotten all my stuff out of his house and it seems so weird there's not much left for me to do. It seems like it was too easy..and his mother proposed to me on Saturday (kinda) with the ring they found in the safe. its simply breathtaking, when i figure out how i'd like to put up a few picts. It is on my ring finger for now and i don't think there's anything wrong with it. According to his sister he would have proposed to me on our 1 yr by taking me back to the place where we had our first date which would have been in June. I know when the times right i'll know to switch it to the other hand but for now that's where it stays.  His mom put in on my finger and i bawled, but i will have this forever to remember him and his love for me.  Thankfully he thought to put the insurance policy on the ring in both our names, less work for his mom. His family's also going to give me some of his ashes when he's cremated. I thought that was really sweet. I cry less every day and i keep remembering all the good times we had, how good he was to my son and that he isn't in pain anymore and smile:-)
Just wanted to share thanks for listening
I Cant wait to start my forever with my best friend! To be your friend was all I ever wanted; to be your lover was all I ever dreamed.~Borrowed this:-)

Re: Had memorial service today for SO

• Options
    MLekathLEENMLekathLEEN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can't imagine the pain you're going through but I'm glad you are doing ok. You're in my prayers Hun, stay strong!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm continuing to pray for you. You're an extremely strong woman.
    When you love someone, you can tell. When you're in love with someone, everyone else can tell.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My thoughts are with you. It's amazing though how his mother still did that for you guys. Keep your head up. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My thoughts and prayers will be with you.  I'm so sorry for your loss.  I can't even imagine how difficult this must be.
  • Options
    peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lots of love headed your way.  You really are strong. And we're here for you.

*hugs* <3
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm so glad you have a special gift that you can remember him by.  I'll continue to send you warm fuzzy thoughts. 
    Daisypath Vacation tickers 4 Leaf Clover
  • Options
    Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I was thinking about you today.  I'm glad the service went well.  You sound, in spite of everything, like you're getting to a pretty good place and I hope that continues.

I cried when I read what you wrote about his mother giving the ring to you.  Bittersweet as it may be, you'll treasure that moment forever.

Keep coming around whenever you need some support or just a distraction.
  • Options
    sparkles88sparkles88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am so sorry you are going through all of this. That was such an amazing thing for his mom to do, and you'll have a little physical piece of the relationship forever. I'll continue to keep you in my thoughts.
  • Options
    desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I don't have the words. Just know that I'm sending love and support your way. *hugs*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2011
    thoughts and prayers are with you

Anniversary

• Options
    calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am so terribly sorry to hear this news, and my heart goes out to you.  I'm very glad to hear your employer has taken the right path, rather than the strict line, with the berevement because obviously this is a huge loss and something that you need time and space to grieve.  I know it won't be better tomorrow or next week, but I promise you that time helps and just be kind with yourself as you grieve.  There's no "should" to grief, and just do what you need to in order to function (as long as it isn't harmful to yourself, obviously).  I think it's perfectly right and fitting that you wear the ring for as long as you want to - maybe someday it'll feel right to move it to your right hand, but for now it's just where it needs to be.  That ring is a symbol of a man who loved you so very much, and there's nothing that can take that away.

My best wishes and thoughts are with you.  Stay strong, be kind to yourself.

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    @ calindi that made me cry, and thank you everyone else for your kind words.
    I Cant wait to start my forever with my best friend! To be your friend was all I ever wanted; to be your lover was all I ever dreamed.~Borrowed this:-)
  • Options
    tafft1tafft1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wish I had the words to bring you peace , but please know I cry for you both today and my heart aches from the pain you are enduring now. Please take my warmest thoughts with you and please dont hesitate to come back if you need anything. *hugs*
    Photobucket Anniversary www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry for your loss. Like Tafft, I wish I had the right thing to say.

You are a strong woman. I'm so glad your work has given you this extra time to spend by yourself and with family. *hugs*
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    *hugs*

It sounds like his family has been amazing, and I agree with Calindi that you should wear the ring on your left hand for as long as you want.
    imageimageAnniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards