Not Engaged Yet

All my Canada ladys

Do you really buy your milk in bags? and is grape juice called raisin juice?

Re: All my Canada ladys

• marleylikeairmarleylikeair member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_canada-ladys?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:ca0686c0-f2c5-4210-81e8-7edd585d30e6Post:66fa281f-e25c-4ab2-9a5c-cfe1d9d08141">All my Canada ladys</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do you really buy your milk in bags? and is grape juice called raisin juice?
    Posted by meamolly[/QUOTE]

LOL. When we were watching 30 Rock last night, I turned to BF and said, "DUDE. They should let that baby be born in Canada. It would have dual citizenship.  Do you know how bad I wanna have dual citizenship in Canada or France?!"
  • Hazel_BHazel_B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes we can buy our milk in bags.

No, it is grape juice atleast in English. I'm guessing in French it is jus de raisin...grape is raisin in French and raisins are raisin sec in French.
  • Beads921Beads921 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, we really do buy our milk in bags (3 individual bags in a larger bag is 4 litres).

Raisin juice though. Really? REALLY? No. Pretty sure raisin means grape in French though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • heyimbrenheyimbren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Raisin does mean grape in French. So maybe in Quebed they do...

Our milk does come in bags, or we also have cartons.
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We buy ours in 4L jugs.  You can also get cartons or bags.  Your choice.

No it's grape juice unless your French.

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://houston.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_canada-ladys?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:ca0686c0-f2c5-4210-81e8-7edd585d30e6Post:39884865-5f03-4b32-b480-8b756a76759c">Re: All my Canada ladys</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our milk does come in bags, or we also have cartons.
    Posted by heyimbren[/QUOTE]

<div>Or jugs (like you silly Americans) at the gas stations.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • alanna91alanna91 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ahh! I went to Ontario with my boyfriend last month and we stopped in the supermarket. He had heard a rumor that Canadian milk is sold in bags, so we had to check it out. They were even selling little milk pitchers above the milk section...I thought it was awesome.
    I feel like pouring milk out of a bag would be messy though. But who cares about the mess when Canadian milk has no artificial growth hormones.

There's my boyfriend with some Canadian milk, "Poutin", and Canadian Bacon!
    (Do you have strip bacon over there?)
    I couldn't eat all the fun food because I'm a vegetarian :(
    White Knot
  • AudgiePodgeAudgiePodge member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I just googled "bagged milk."  Much better results than googling "milk bags."
    I'm not good at feelings.

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, the bagged milk goes in a pitcher so you aren't just holding a floppy bag of milk. The bag just goes into a pitcher, and you cut a little piece of the corner.

And yes, we do have strip bacon here. We don't just eat Canadian bacon. (Some of us don't even eat bacon)

The best fun food here is maple anything.
    edited December 2011
    Mmm, yes, maple trumps all. There is a commercial on right now where a guy pours syrup over a stick in the snow so it freezes and makes a maple sucker (lollipop). So stereotypically Canadian. So awesome in every way imaginable. I love maple candy. 

And pop. Pop is good too. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's poutine, silly.

And maple = awesome! I used to love getting sap from the trees in the yard and making toffee or syrup when we were kids.  Nom nom nommmm

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_canada-ladys?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:ca0686c0-f2c5-4210-81e8-7edd585d30e6Post:412ab7a6-2e43-4174-a3e3-3f3a0245d887">Re: All my Canada ladys</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>It's poutine, silly</strong>. And maple = awesome! I used to love getting sap from the trees in the yard and making toffee or syrup when we were kids.  Nom nom nommmm
    Posted by PaigeMcC[/QUOTE]

Unless you're french ;) then it's pronounced "poutehn"
  • alanna91alanna91 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Okay, gotcha. Poutine. Poutehn if you're French. Or, poontang if you're us. ;)

And on a kind of relevant note: Last night at work someone threw a dart at me. The little wing things on the dart were the Canadian Flag. I work at a bar, there's a lot of drunk people. He probably thought I was a dart board. Or, he was mad that I misspelled poutine. Or, he was just an ass.
    White Knot
  • heyitscarlaheyitscarla member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ya um canada sells their milk in bags because
    they're SO different from Americans huh?

I think was a joke about
    female reproductive organs
    but good job to y'all for
    believing it.

and to that girl who really
    thought no one in
    canada eats bacon
    />_>
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_canada-ladys?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:ca0686c0-f2c5-4210-81e8-7edd585d30e6Post:42d48248-3a83-4ff2-96df-26130fb85278">Re: All my Canada ladys</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ya um canada sells their milk in bags because they're SO different from Americans huh? I think was a joke about female reproductive organs but good job to y'all for believing it. and to that girl who really thought no one in canada eats bacon />_ />
    Posted by heyitscarla[/QUOTE]

Just a little hint. When a post has been dead for a while, you don't go commenting on it again.
    When you love someone, you can tell. When you're in love with someone, everyone else can tell.
  • hetshuphetshup member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have a question, is the bag plastic?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_canada-ladys?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:ca0686c0-f2c5-4210-81e8-7edd585d30e6Post:42d48248-3a83-4ff2-96df-26130fb85278">Re: All my Canada ladys</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Ya um canada sells their milk in bags because they're SO different from Americans huh? I think was a joke about female reproductive organs but good job to y'all for believing it.</strong> and to that girl who really thought no one in canada eats bacon />_>
    Posted by heyitscarla[/QUOTE]

Actually, our milk really DOES come in bags.

And Hetshup, I do believe they're plastic. Sorry :/
  • hetshuphetshup member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DAMMIT!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards