Not Engaged Yet

Damn my crazed anticipation....

So we are going on another date downtown tonight. Even though he told me yesterday that he is isn't going to purchase the ring for another 2 weeks, I secretly hope he already has it and is planning to ask me tonight...Maybe I'm being ridiculous, but he seems very adament about things going well tonight and how he's "not going to let anything spoil our plans". Like what? I dont know, he can be kinda dramatic sometimes. 
Oh well, either way mama's having some fun tonight!
Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend ;)

Re: Damn my crazed anticipation....

• ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

He doesn't have the ring.  Don't spoil your date night by thinking he is going to propose.  You will be so disappointed and unhappy.  Don't ruin it.  Every time you find yourself thinking that he is going to think: "No way he doesn't have a stable build for the engagement pony yet."   It will help you stay sane :)  GL!  Enjoy your date night.

"Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• csousa1csousa1 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    He's worried that the pony he bought you will poop at the restaurant.

That's what would spoil the plans - no one likes eau de poo while they eat.

Have fun on your date night!!
  • AudgiePodgeAudgiePodge member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Maybe he just wants to have a nice night out. But you'll probably might end up ruining it by getting mad at him by your irrational expectation of him proposing after he already told you that he hasn't purchased a ring. If you have no expectations, then there is no let down.
    I'm not good at feelings.

• becunning2becunning2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Actually the poop is the main course of the specialty restaurant. It'll get thrown on your face if you start thinking that he's going to propose rather than just enjoying the pooptastic dinner. :)

(homework addling the brains, that's really the best I have)
  • paintgirlpaintgirl member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Don't even think about it. You'll ruin every date night between now and the actual proposal for yourself. Don't lose the rest of this time together because you keep thinking, "Maybe tonight." "Nope." "Damn." pout.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_damn-crazed-anticipation?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:cc57c1ae-64db-475e-bcea-86c4381bc1eePost:56fd4ba9-39e2-4d36-a3a2-62dd27c0b1bd">Re: Damn my crazed anticipation....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Maybe he just wants to have a nice night out. But you'll probably might end up ruining it by getting mad at him by your irrational expectation of him proposing after he already told you that he hasn't purchased a ring.<strong> If you have no expectations, then there is no let down.</strong>
    Posted by AudgiePodge[/QUOTE]

<div>This is kinda my train of thought...most of the time :)</div><div>Off to enjoy my poop-tastic meal with no particular expectations! Have a good night girlies xo</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards