Not Engaged Yet

Where are my marbles?

I just lost them!

I'm trying to write our programs. We haven't met with our minister yet, but at least now I know his name (FMIL called me and was NICE and HELPFUL!). But I figured I could at least get the songs, names, and a basic outline down.

Uhh, I forgot to make a copy of our song list before I gave it to the coordinator. Woops. I mean, I know I remember them.... but I can't remember whether it's Dean Martin or Frank Sinatra for our moms being seated. Did I make a post about that?

Also, I can't remember what readings I wanted. I want the Corinthians one.... you know... Love is this and that and so on. There was something else I wanted.... I think Katanne even has it as an option for hers. Didn't I say something about that?

I'm sure, SOMEWHERE I have all this written or saved, but I have NO IDEA where right now. I'm just fried. Can you guys help me figure out what I said I wanted?

Embarassed
Anniversary

Re: Where are my marbles?

• edited December 2011
    I wish I could be more help, b/c I'm pretty sure all of that info is posted around here somewhere,  but I'm kind of busy, but I wanted to say congrats on your FMIL being a pod person!
    image image image image 
    "but you're SO FUNNY, button! you're so funny i kind of want to crawl into your skin and wear it as my own. " - NarwhalYou, my dear, are the Queen of the Beebees. Here's a tiara - Oceana 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • zaneopalzaneopal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it's Corinthians 13:4-something, the "love is patient" part.
  • hetshuphetshup member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    here ya go:

Ceremony:

Guest seating: Under My Skin (Frank Sinatra)
    Mothers, Minister, Groom: You're Nobody 'Til Somebody Loves You (Dean Martin)
    Bridesmaids/Groomsmen: At Last (Etta James)
    Bride: Unforgettable (Nat King Cole)
    Recessional: Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You (Frankie Valli)

Reception:

Bride & Groom Announced In: Your Song (Elton John)
    First Dance: Always On My Mind (Michael Buble)
    Bride & Father: Can't Help Falling In Love With You (Elvis Presley)
    Groom & Mother: ????
    Parent's Dance: ????
    Garter Song: Another One Bites The Dust (Queen)
    Bouquet Toss: It's Raining Men (Weather Girls)
    Last Dance: Faithfully (Journey)

Other music:

When a Man Loves a Woman (Michael Bolton)
    Far Away (Nickelback)
    Baby I Love Your Way (Big Mountain) <--- that's the reggae version! :)
    Love Song (The Cure)
    Friday I'm in Love (The Cure)

Classic Rock
    Light Rock
    Big Band
    Jazz

(no country or line dances)

I'm open for other suggestions (especially the groom/mom dance and parent's dance).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • babybchbumbabybchbum member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    HETSUP... now I know who to partner up with for a scavengar hunt
  • edited December 2011
    Hetshup, I LOVE YOU RIGHT NOW. Thank you SO much. I was starting to feel a little crazy. <3

I may have found the reading, too:

From the Beyond Words Daily Readings in the ABC's of Faith

“They say they will love, comfort, honor each other to the end of their days. They say they will cherish each other and be faithful to each other always. They say they will do these things not just when they feel like it, but even -- for better for worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health -- when they don’t feel like it at all. In other words, the vows they make could hardly be more extravagant. They give away their freedom. They take on themselves each other’s burdens. They bind their live s together... The question is, what do they get in return?

“They get each other in return... There will always be the other to talk to, to listen to... There is still someone to get through the night with, to wake into the new day beside. If they have children, they can give them, as well as each other, roots and wings. If they don’t have children, they each become the other’s child.

“They both still have their lives apart as well as a life together. They both still have their separate ways to find. But a marriage made in heaven is one where a man and a woman become more richly themselves together than the chances are either of them could ever have managed to become alone.”

-- Frederick Buechner

Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Yay for someone else holding your marbles! 

We used 1st Corinthians 12:31-13:8a.

Brothers and sisters
    Strive eagerly for the greatest spiritual gifts
    But I show you a still more excellent way.

If I speak in human and angelic tongues but do not have love
     I am a resounding gong or a clashing cymbal
    And if I have the gift of prophecy
     And comprehend all mysteries and all knowledge
     If I have all faith so as to move mountains but do not have love, I am nothing
    If I give away everything that I own
     And if I hand my body over so that I may boast but do not have love, I gain nothing
    Love is patient, love is kind
    It is not jealous, is not pompous
     It is not inflated, it is not rude, it does not seek its own interests, it is not quick-tempered, 
    it does not brood over injury, it does not rejoice over wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth
    It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
    Love never fails.

• katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jeana, I do recall you saying you were also going to do that reading. It's in my bio jic ; )
  • paintgirlpaintgirl member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Dude I can't even find my socks...

I have to be his child? Not sure how I feel about that part. Can't he get a dog?
  • edited December 2011
    LOL! I think it just means you take care of each other or something.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards