Not Engaged Yet

Argh. Elope Count 1

My photographer emailed me this afternoon telling me she can't do our wedding anymore because her FIL is having major surgery that weekend (okay, at least she has a good excuse and she feels really bad).

So my vendors-booked list goes back down to ZERO.

FI and I can't agree on anything. He wants a string trio, I want acoustic guitar. He wants cheesecake, I want cupcakes. And we both agree that every DJ we've looked into so far terrifies us, but we're both getting timid of doing an iPod reception. Also, my mother keeps looking at everything on our registry and keeps calling me to tell me that my silverware is too contemporary, my dessert plates are too small, etc etc.

My TK checklist is covered in alarm clocks, as planning a wedding from long distance sucks.

Sooo in conclusion: I'm whining. Thanks for listening Wink

Re: Argh. Elope Count 1

• edited December 2011
    It took you this long? Wink

Sorry things suck. Let's all take that Knottie bachelorette cruise we were talking about...... what? last year? Has it been so long?

*passes the cheap wine and mojitos around*

See if there are any bridal shows around. I went to one today and it was the most fun I've had since Josh proposed. Just have a good time, no pressure.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    The Syracuse Bridal Show was yesterday but there are two in Rochester coming up:

http://www.rochesterwedding.com/localwedding/bridal-shows.htm

That sucks but it will all work out. GL!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Lol, if you're only at elope count 1 at 5 months out, I'll bake you a dozen cookies.  I'm at an elope count of ~295.. probably bc I didn't want the big wedding in the first place.  And yes, planning from LD does suck, and we're not even that far.  I sympathize totally.
  • katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jeana - my bags are packed! Just tell me where to go!!!

KD - yay! there is actually a show when we are planning to go into town in March! Maybe we will have to check it out!! thanks!!

Swim - I am open to eating all kinds of cookies. I shall be waiting Laughing (Maybe my elope count is so low bc I hardly have anything done??? That, and my FI is an angel)

• PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ...I want in on this cruise!

Katanne - hang in there darlin'! We're here to listen

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    You have a venue and a dress, right? Do you have an officiant? And your invites are nearly done, yes?

You've got the bare bones to get married. As long as you and your FI end up married, the day is a success! It's great to have all those other things, but they are not what you're there for. So don't stress too much. You still have plenty of time!

This is what I keep telling myself to keep myself from getting too stressed. I'm about 4.5 months out, and I still need flowers, cake, invitations, and attendants attire figured out. Oh, and I haven't even started a registry yet.

My checklist is also full of alarms.

I've stopped visiting my club board b/c it just seems to remind of 10 other things I need to do. A lot of those girls have been engaged for a year or more, and have had a lot more time to plan, and it just stresses me out to see how much they all have done. So I don't go there much any more. :)

You are definitely not alone in the scramble. But I have confidence it will all work out just fine in the end!!!

Hope that helps. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• paintgirlpaintgirl member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011

I missed something - where's the wedding? I didn't realize you're planning LD.

Hang in there. :) The registry thing sounds AWFUL. I am dying to find a way to avoid a shower, registries, gifts, etc... We just don't need anything and it all sounds like too much drama.

• hetshuphetshup member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So I'm a total b!tch and told my mother if she only has things to add to my to-do list to not call me and tell me about them. Who cares if you have a small dessert plate, you are trying to keep everyone thin!

As for the cheesecake/ cupcake, why don't you do a grooms cake? That way you can have both!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks desert! you are right! at least i've got the bare minimum covered!

paint - we live in Boston, the wedding is in the NY Finger Lakes, 6.5 hours away (arugh!)

hetshup - hahaha, yes I am trying to keep everyone thin. It's obvious from all the cake pans, cupcake tins, mixers, etc that I'm also registering for! hahaha.

We'd love to do both! We just have to figure out how to put it in the $$.

• hetshuphetshup member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think if you have both, you can have less of each? I haven't gotten to cake yet, what is WRONG with me, but so far that's what I have been told.

And ditto desert, you have the big things done and you are DYI a lot so little things will get done quickly. Don't be too hard on yourself.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_argh-elope-count-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:cda64ab2-cfaa-49e0-84c0-c4e4b3e193e0Post:a08a5bf3-2360-413b-a5b6-de8065002cdc">Re: Argh. Elope Count 1</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think if you have both, you can have less of each?
    Posted by hetshup[/QUOTE]

Haha, I don't know about this! I have a feel people would tend to grab one of each rather than just choose one. At I'd at least want to be prepared for everyone to grab one of each.

Fortuntely, both my options are friends of mine, so maybe they can help me come up with some solutions... what looks tastier to you?

<cite><em><a href="http://www.cheesyeddies.com/" rel="nofollow">http://www.cheesyeddies.com/</a></em><em>

<a rel="nofollow" href="http://uppercrustcakes.com/">http://uppercrustcakes.com/</a></em>
    </cite>
    edited December 2011
    I want everything on both of those pages.  Like, seriously, EVERYTHING!

Since both people are friends maybe you could swing a deal to get both?  I'm sure they'd be willing to help you out...esp since it all looks hella good!

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • hetshuphetshup member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok, disclaimer, I do not really like cheesecake.  So I think the uppercrust one looks better. However, I do think you can have less of both and just cut the cupcake in half, or have less and have a sheet cake in the back.

My real opinion is that you should just have cupcakes, but my own preferences are coloring that thought.
    edited December 2011
    Ugh - that IS a big distance. I forgot you live in Boston. I'm with hetshup - all for the cupcakes - but also because I'm not a huge cheesecake fan. Cheesecake is either AWESOME or AWFUL so I've been turned against it.

I think the cupcakes are easier logistically, especially if it's warm outside? The cheesecake might be hard to keep cool.
  • loopy82loopy82 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think cheesy eddies looks delicious.

Good luck with getting everything else figured out!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • babybchbumbabybchbum member
    edited December 2011
    I am right here with you on a low elope count. I am slowly getting things done. My dad came up to school and took me out to dinner this weekend and we talked about all things wedding. I'm sure my elope count will increase dramatically in 2 weeks when I go home for Spring break and really start getting things booked.
    edited December 2011
    We might only get to elope count 1 - and then go do it. :)
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with all of you. We HEART cheesecake, but I know not everyone loves cheesecake. I want cupcakes bc I think they present better. If we had cheesecake we probably wouldn't have it out at all (keep in fridge). Plus I want to make the little cupcake flags (ex. http://tinyurl.com/yklqgan)

One thought it getting the bite sized cheesecake pieces AND cupcakes if we could $$ swing it.

http://www.cheesyeddies.com/traystartscookies.php

Ahhhh, i want cheesecake nowwww

edited December 2011
    I'm going to suggestion an elopement to BF and see what the reaction is...lol

Murried Bio
  • desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I think you're right about people wanting both, katanne, b/c I certainly do after looking at those websites!

I think doing little cheesecake bites is a GREAT idea!

But, if you have to pick one, I'd totally go with cupcakes. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

edited December 2011
    I like the idea of little bite-sized cheese cake bites too! That's a great idea and compromise!

Murried Bio
    edited December 2011
    I third the cupcakes plus cheesecake bites - budget permitting of course!

Paige - we're only kind of kidding about eloping! The more I read stuff here, the more I think it's a good idea! :)
  • mrs.rabmrs.rab member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Of course I am contributing on the food aspect of this....

FI and I are "cutting" into cheesecake (for ourselves) just a small personal delish cheesecake. But we are doing cupcakes for the guests. :)))

And although we have that figured out, I am right there with you on the elopement or at least a destination wedding. ahhhhh if onlyyyyyyyyyy
    imageimageAnniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards