Not Engaged Yet

Boys and Birthdays

So my boyfriends birthday is on monday.  Still haven't gotten him anything....because he buys everything he wants for himself.  Just in this past week he bought himself an ice-cream maker, a video game, and a dresser.

So, I am getting him a cardigan, to teach him a lesson. :P  ok ok, and a few other more manly items.

But I am a terrible boy shopper.  Terrible.  Any fresh ideas welcome...I should mention he doesn't honestly need a darn thing.  For my birthday he got me like $50 worth of costco blended coffee mixes and this swanky travel mug I had been drooling over at starbucks (seattle girl...)  so it was clever and perfect.  His cardigan, will be generic and at best warm.

August Siggy Challenge- The cake image

Re: Boys and Birthdays

• edited December 2011
    My BF is older and has everything he could possibly want.  He's got a room full of guitars and all that goes along with them, all his golf equipment, anything he could possibly want he has.  So for his birthday in August I planned a trip to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

I booked a hotel for one night and drove him down to Ohio.  He loved it.  He had never been and it was on his bucket list so he was over the moon.  He said it even came close to topping the Bon Jovi tickets I got him for Christmas. :)

In my opinion memories last a lot longer than any tangible good.
  • edited December 2011
    FI and I don't have a lot of money, so last year's birthday, I made him one of his favorite meals for dinner (I cook all the time, but I made it with candlelight, etc) and surprised him with cupcakes that I displayed in a heart formation on the counter - then I got him a book that I knew he would enjoy.

This year I will probably also do dinner (what can I say, my skinny man likes to eat), but he really needs a new wallet - he even asked if we could put one on the registry (which of course I told him no), so my dad is going to help me pick one out for him.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards