Not Engaged Yet
Options

Getting mineral makeup to last

Hi ladies,

I know a little while ago a lot of girls said they used bare minerals.  I don't use bare minerals, but something very similar from urban decay.  I really like it except that it seems to wear off a lot quicker than my liquid foundation.  So, do you have any tips on getting it to last?

Here's what I use btw

Re: Getting mineral makeup to last

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Do you use face primer?  If not, you may want to look into that.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to try it tomorrow. Personally, I never felt like primer made that much difference with liquid foundation.  Maybe it will help the powder foundation.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I use a primer with my Bare Minerals to make it last if I am going out at night, or if I'll be out in the heat for a while.
  • Options
    tafft1tafft1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The primer from Bare MInerals makes a HUGE difference with me sinc emy skin is already oily to begin with and i stand under bright lights during my shifts. Might help to look into it or another brand :)
    Photobucket Anniversary www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_getting-mineral-makeup-last?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:d15b2fc6-d7f1-4fd1-bb0c-797a4db30e2cPost:658a40c9-1322-4087-91db-1bda3ac58495">Re: Getting mineral makeup to last</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do you use face primer?  If not, you may want to look into that.
    Posted by loves2shop4shoes[/QUOTE]

I am one of the "bare minerals" gals...and I always use their primer. I think it helps my foundation (mineral powder) last longer. They also have a separate eye primer for your lids that helps with eye-shadow too. 
  • Options
    leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I have the UD Surreal Skin makeup. I always just accepted that it wears off. In fact, I tend to wipe a layer of it off when my skin gets oily.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So I tried primer and setting spray.  It helped a bit but not much in my opinion.   I guess I'm just going to have to accept that I'll need to touch up my makeup at lunch time. Thanks for your help, everyone!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards