Not Engaged Yet
Options

PW: Products You Swear By

I was getting ready for work a little while ago, and I noticed that I'm running very low on some of my favorite "girly bathroom products". I then had a mini-episode thinking "Oh no! What if I run out before I have a chance to buy any more! What if I don't have the money!"

Of course, panic was over in about 5 seconds (after I realized it's really not that big of a deal), but it got me to thinking. Thinking lead to brainstorming, and brainstorming lead to thread whoring.

I'm wanting to put together a collection of Knottie Favorites and Products that you girls love and want to share with the rest of us. It can be anything from toothpaste, to makeup, to your favorite recipe, or your favorite brand of chapstick. (I know for a fact there's a garlic soup recipe floating around here somewhere! LOL)

What is the name of the product/recipe and who is it by?
Who would you recommend this product/recipe for?
Why do you love this product/recipe?
Any thing else you'd like to mention about it?

I always hear so many recommendations for different things (wedding-related and not) that by the time they become relevant to me, I forget where I heard about it or what thread it was in. I was hoping I could put together some of these things on a free site (like Weebly) listed either by Knottie or product type.

Re: PW: Products You Swear By

• Options
    edited January 2012
    What is the name of the product and who is it by?
    Body Clear Body Spray, by Neutrogena

Who would you recommend this product for?
    Anyone who is prone to body breakouts, even minor ones. It is gentle enough to use on sensitive skin and comes in a very easy to apply spray bottle.

Why do you love this product?
    I didn't have a lot of skin issues growing up, but as I got older, I became more and more prone to breakouts, particularly on my chest and the base of my neck. It's gentle enough that I can use it every day, and it prevents breakouts as well as helping clear them up. I use it every time I get out of the shower and I have been 100% pleased with it every single time. It's also very affordable and will last much longer than the body wash of the same name.

It says on the bottle that you can even spray it "upside down", but I haven't had any such luck, even trying to spray at an angle. I really don't see it as an issue, just something I found a little funny.

It costs about $8.99 at the drug store.
  • Options
    What is the name of the product and who is it by?
    Hope in a Jar by Philosophy

Who would you recommend this product for?
    Anyone who has dry-ish to normal skin or has sensitive skin

Why do you love this product?
    I love this face lotion because I have sensitive skin and Rosecea and it helps keep my face calm and moisturized without being all greasy.  I get the one with SPF in it as well to help keep the crows feet from appearing as long as possible!

It doesn't stink or smell like it has perfumes in it.

It costs $39 and you can find it at places like Macy's or Ulta.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    What is the name of the product/recipe and who is it by?Tend Skin
    Who would you recommend this product/recipe for?Anyone who is prone to Razor Bumps/Ingrown Hairs

Because it's amazing! Before I started using this product, razor bumps were an inevitable consequence of hair removal. I haven't even seen a razor bump since I started using it 4mos. ago. You can use it on your bikini area, underarms, legs. My BF just started using it about a month ago, and he loves it too. He gets horrible razor bumps on the back of his neck. The Tend Skin cleared up his existing razor bumps in like 3 days & he hasn't had any razor bumps since then.

It's a little pricey. You can purchase it from Sephora or maybe even your local spa for about $35.00 - $40.00 for an 8oz bottle. A friend of mine just told me she got it from Amazon for like $15, but I haven't looked into buying from there yet. 

LilySlim Weight loss tickers someecards.com - It's not what you do for me on Valentine's Day that matters but the amount of jealousy it provokes in others NEY Feb. Siggy Challenge: Non-Romantic Valentines Day Cards
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_pw-products-swear?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:d201f624-9c5f-45d4-8767-11ee9b309c08Post:803de770-d55e-4d62-bdca-eda6e2a670da">Re: PW: Products You Swear By</a>:
    [QUOTE]What is the name of the product/recipe and who is it by? Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion Who would you recommend this product/recipe for? Anyone who wears eye makeup Why do you love this product/recipe? My eyeshadow used to crease or wear off. With this stuff, it lasts 24 hours easily. Any thing else you'd like to mention about it? It is a little pricey (I think it's $19 now), but it lasts a long time. Sorry, I can't un-bold the font!
    Posted by leia1979[/QUOTE]

<div>I've heard so many great reviews on the Urban Decay Primer Potion. I know a lot of makeup gurus who love it and have always wanted to get some for myself, but never go around to it.</div>
  • Options
    What is the name of the product/recipe and who is it by?DiorShow Mascara
    Who would you recommend this product/recipe for?Anyone who wants long, thick lashes

I've tried a ton of mascaras in my life.  I first used DiorShow in 2005 & it's the only mascara I've used since.  It makes your lashes look thick & long.  I love it!

It's a little pricey.  I pay $24.50 at Sephora for it. It's really worth it though IMO.

• Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited January 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_pw-products-swear?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:d201f624-9c5f-45d4-8767-11ee9b309c08Post:8bbebb50-d25a-4b99-acb3-7eef4b4ec5ba">Re: PW: Products You Swear By</a>:
    [QUOTE]What is the name of the product/recipe and who is it by? Tend Skin Who would you recommend this product/recipe for? Anyone who is prone to Razor Bumps/Ingrown Hairs Why do you love this product/recipe? Because it's amazing! Before I started using this product, razor bumps were an inevitable consequence of hair removal. I haven't even seen a razor bump since I started using it 4mos. ago. You can use it on your bikini area, underarms, legs. My BF just started using it about a month ago, and he loves it too. He gets horrible razor bumps on the back of his neck. The Tend Skin cleared up his existing razor bumps in like 3 days & he hasn't had any razor bumps since then. Any thing else you'd like to mention about it? It's a little pricey. You can purchase it from Sephora or maybe even your local spa for about $35.00 - $40.00 for an 8oz bottle. A friend of mine just told me she got it from Amazon for like $15, but I haven't looked into buying from there yet. 
    Posted by SheSincerely[/QUOTE]

<div>I've never heard of this stuff but I think I'm going to order it!  I get really bad ingrowns in my bikini area, nothing ever works.  </div><div>
    </div><div>I found the 8oz bottle on Amazon for $14.50! <a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.amazon.com/Tend-Skin-Solution-Unsightly-Ingrown/dp/B001ECQ7G4/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top" target="_blank">CLICKY</a></div><div>
    </div><div>Thank you!!!</div><div>
    </div><div>ETA: I just ordered it, shipping was free :)</div>

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards