Not Engaged Yet
Options

AW: Initial dress search (PIP)

So I went to David's Bridal with my ma and youngest sister on Sunday.
These are crappy iphone pictures, but I thought ya'll might like the dress p0rn?

Dress #1

I tried this on cause people said they pictured me in something shaped like this. I felt like a man in it.

Dress #2

Thought this looked great online, but on me not so much. Too princess.

Dress #3

The consultant picked out this one. Too cake like. And please excuse the hand gesture but this is me telling my ma I like the sweetheart neck line.

Dress#4

This is my favorite. Sans bow. Based on the fact that I love this dress (Alyne: Adelaide, Spring 2011):

I wasn't super excited in any dress. Reflecting on the experience, I'm in-like with dress #4, and it was only $500... (ONLY $500? I've never bought any article of clothing for more than $150! hehe-whooo). So yea enjoy looking and not saying anything or say something and send me a free copy of Insanity so my arms stop looking like playdoh!

Thoughts? Opinions? Judgements?

Re: AW: Initial dress search (PIP)

• Options
    polkadot111polkadot111 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Beautiful! I LOVE the fourth one on you!
    Used to be bourgehm. +1,500 posts. Silly knot
  • Options
    ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I honestly like the first one on you but the 4th one looks good on you too.  And I don't think you look like a man.
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    tuarceathatuarceatha member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    hahah I didn't explain my man comment. I feel like I have no shape. Just straight lines from my shoulders to my feet. Which may be why I'm drawn to the poofier one...
  • Options
    ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_aw-initial-dress-search-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:d714aada-818b-4dc8-a274-bbb72432fc27Post:14a4f227-7af6-4f8c-b9e9-df92026b31d1">Re: AW: Initial dress search (PIP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]hahah I didn't explain my man comment. I feel like I have no shape. Just straight lines from my shoulders to my feet. Which may be why I'm drawn to the poofier one...
    Posted by jenjenniferf[/QUOTE]
    See I think it makes your figure look great... :)  But you get what makes you happy and feel beautiful in. 
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    lunarsongbirdlunarsongbird member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I LOVE love LOVE Alyne!

Did you look at any shapes like the above?
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_aw-initial-dress-search-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:d714aada-818b-4dc8-a274-bbb72432fc27Post:861be240-2a9b-4edb-a112-7ac63aa24a9e">Re: AW: Initial dress search (PIP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I LOVE love LOVE Alyne!   Did you look at any shapes like the above?
    Posted by lunarsongbird[/QUOTE]

I'm researching where I can go locally to try on Alyne dresses. Looks like the closest place is in Bethesda, MD-blah! (45+ minutes from me) Do you know what the difference is between Rivini and Alyne? I guess I just gotta call these shops and ask if they carry Alyne dresses.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_aw-initial-dress-search-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:d714aada-818b-4dc8-a274-bbb72432fc27Post:67935792-a57a-4560-9e5e-d5f0ae03f44f">Re: AW: Initial dress search (PIP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Beautiful! I LOVE the fourth one on you!
    Posted by polkadot111[/QUOTE]

Thanks!
  • Options
    Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    That first dress is gorgeous. I think it's Cschiano's dress, isn't it? That's one of my favorites from DB.
  • Options
    lennonkdclennonkdc member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like the 4th one! You look lovely in all of them though!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I actually really like #2 (minus that huge flower thing). I think I'd like #4 if the waist came lower. It looks too high--almost like an empire waist.

Just keep looking. I looked a lot before I found the right dress.

Is there a Camille LaVie in your area? That's where I got my dress (though it's called GroupUSA here). They have dresses in the same price range as David's Bridal.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I dunno the names, but I think dress #1 is this one: Charmeuse Side-Drape Gown with Sash Style WG3026

Thanks lennon!
  • Options
    peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you don't come see me, I will punch you.

Okay, not really.
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_aw-initial-dress-search-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:d714aada-818b-4dc8-a274-bbb72432fc27Post:b9290d5a-29f3-48db-acdc-a958c2ccaa7b">Re: AW: Initial dress search (PIP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you don't come see me, I will punch you.
    Posted by peekaboo2011[/QUOTE]

Virginiee GTG? (virginity not required)
  • Options
    peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_aw-initial-dress-search-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:d714aada-818b-4dc8-a274-bbb72432fc27Post:23f874b6-707e-4266-917c-56530914efb1">Re: AW: Initial dress search (PIP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AW: Initial dress search (PIP) : Virginiee GTG? (virginity not required)
    Posted by jenjenniferf[/QUOTE]

<div>I just sent you a PM...sorry I fail at life.  It's been ridonkulous in my life over the past couple weeks.  Uhbuh.</div>
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_aw-initial-dress-search-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:d714aada-818b-4dc8-a274-bbb72432fc27Post:62a73b84-7bbd-4339-aacd-ce2309b08333">Re: AW: Initial dress search (PIP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I actually really like #2 (minus that huge flower thing). I think I'd like #4 if the waist came lower. It looks too high--almost like an empire waist. Just keep looking. I looked a lot before I found the right dress. Is there a Camille LaVie in your area? That's where I got my dress (though it's called GroupUSA here). They have dresses in the same price range as David's Bridal.
    Posted by leia1979[/QUOTE]

Interesting point on the high waist part! hmm I will definitely keep looking. Plus I'm wearing 4 inch heels in these dresses, but IRL I will not be. I'm 5'5", and FI is 5'10"

I've never picked out a long dress before btw. I wear short dresses and even my prom dresses were tea length.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_aw-initial-dress-search-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:d714aada-818b-4dc8-a274-bbb72432fc27Post:15c1ce88-a7c7-4085-a019-88a964f9d76f">Re: AW: Initial dress search (PIP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love number 1! I like #4 but agree with Leia that the waist looks a bit too high. 
    Posted by LivLeighton[/QUOTE]

It looks kinda maternity!.... nooooooooo ;) The search continues...
  • Options
    SopChickSopChick member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    1st: I would LOVE if my arms looked like yours. Seriously. (isn't it funny how one person can dislike something about themselves, but it can be another person's goal?)

2nd: I really like the last dress you tried on :)

3rd: I really really like the dress Lunar posted. Do you have your heart set on something strapless? Because that one could be a good option too
    Canada Cat Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_aw-initial-dress-search-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:d714aada-818b-4dc8-a274-bbb72432fc27Post:414239a2-df24-45b6-bee8-cfb4eb9e579a">Re: AW: Initial dress search (PIP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]1st: I would LOVE if my arms looked like yours. Seriously. (isn't it funny how one person can dislike something about themselves, but it can be another person's goal?) <strong>haha that is so true. And thank you!</strong>
    2nd: I really like the last dress you tried on :) 
    3rd: I really really like the dress Lunar posted. Do you have your heart set on something strapless? Because that one could be a good option too<strong> I'm not stuck on a strapless, though I feel there are so many more strapless dresses to choose from. And I fear I will look flat in the dress style Lunar pointed out. But I'll try it on if I see it!</strong> :)
    Posted by SopChick[/QUOTE]

<strong>And leia</strong>- I'd never heard of them before but it looks like we have a Camille LaVie near where I live. So I will have to check them out too. Thank you much!

Thanks for the input ladies!
  • Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Beautiful!!!  

I actually really love the 1st one on you.  I agree with PP about the waist being a little high on #4.  

Yay!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards