Not Engaged Yet
Options

I cringe

I got a wedding invitation today that makes me cringe.

1) Multiple words were spelled incorrectly.
2) My fiance was not invited.
3) There is no address for the reception location.
4) There is no envelope for the response card. Or a stamp, for that matter.
5) The response card is printed on jet black paper so there is no way you can write on it. Maybe with a gel pen? lol

I think planning my own wedding has made me hyper aware of mistakes/etiquette faux pas. Just kidding, I'm pretty sure anyone would notice these. Yikes.

Anywho, what has you cringing or scratching your head in confusion today?
Married! :) 5/19/12 The Domesticals

Re: I cringe

• Options
    Ditto Yaga!

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Lol coming right up....

• Options
    Ok so I was wrong, there's only one spelling mistake. I thought they had mispelled one of their names but it was really just the fact that the text was so squished together it looked like a spelling mistake.

I'll be back in a bit with the other pictures...we're about to eat dinner.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Pictures!!!

ETA - I couldn't see the pictures post when I wrote that.  Knot fail.
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I would grab a white out pen and use it to fill back in all of the necessary lines (the sloppier the better).  Also I would recycle some envelope to use to send back the RSVP.  Yeesh!  LoL!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_i-cringe?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:d8e371d5-b644-46cd-a525-6515be41fd99Post:46dd4ce7-a35f-4475-bdbd-c8c5e79f6ff7">Re: I cringe</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would grab a white out pen and use it to fill back in all of the necessary lines (the sloppier the better).  Also I would recycle some envelope to use to send back the RSVP.  Yeesh!  LoL!
    Posted by motoLyn[/QUOTE]
    lol

• Options
    Here's the spelling mistake

And here's the actual invite, complete with a picture of them! I'm actually kind of sad that I can't make it to this one, the reception at the rodeo grounds sounds fun :-O

• Options
    Ya I'm pretty sure they aren't paying for hotel rooms and should have not used that phrase in the first place.

• Options
    Looks like they just didn't really use much foresight when picking out the response cards and no offense to them but I just don't see where the black paper fits in.  Gel pen idea made me LOL though!  Def use a white out marker!!

If the rooms are not being paid for the should NOT have used provided for you because I was totally going to comment on the fact that they are paying for the rooms!

If they wanted to include that info they should have put something like accommodations are available at The Comfort Inn for those wishing to stay the night and mention the booking code!  Provided for makes it seem like they have paid and are providing you with lodging!!

EEK!  She is going to get a lot of calls about that OR she will have a lot of unhappy wedding guests when they go to check into their "provided" rooms for the evening!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker "A wedding is a day, a marriage is a lifetime"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards