Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Officiant question

Good morning, everyone!  So here's a question about the officiants (hope this is the right place to post this).

Anyway, my officiant is someone I've known for a LONG time (his daughter and I have been friends for about 14 years, and she's one of my BM), who is a judge.  I'm trying to figure out how to ask him if there's a fee I should be paying him.  I obviously am doing something to thank him for doing our ceremony and being part of our special day, but I'm not sure how to ask about any expected fees.

Any thoughts?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Officiant question

• Options
    My suggestion is to ask him how much and when he is usually paid. Just ask...its not rude to pay someone for their services

• Options
    "I'm finalizing my budget now.  Can you please let me know what your fee is?"
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    I've tried asking him, and he never responds to those questions (he's been doing a lot of traveling lately, so all communication has been through email).  It's his first wedding, so unfortunately I can't ask him what he usually charges.

Thanks, ladies!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    If you feel weird/are having trouble asking him directly why not ask your friend? If my dad was doing something for my best friend and she wanted to compensate him I wouldn't be put out if she asked me for help in determining what she should do/pay. 

Good luck! 
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards