Not Engaged Yet
Options

Our Venue (PIP)

I was just reminded that I took a few pictures of our venue and forgot to report back!

It was such a rainy, gray day out when we went and all of the leaves are off the trees now, but I love the stone look.

This picture I photoshopped a few together to get the whole picture.

This is where we'll be getting married though, at the top of the stairs. There are two slightly winding staircases on either side where we'll have the guys and gals come down and meet and go up the stairs together.

Then we'll have the reception inside:

We snuck in and saw that it was already set up for a wedding someone was having. It has two fireplaces, one at each end. It also has a playground in the side yard, which is nice because it'll give the kids something to do. There's also a small room with a glass wall overlooking the river where the girls will probably get ready.

It's small and cozy and doesn't look like much in the rain, but we're going to spruce it up a bit and I'm from the country, so small and cozy is my style, lol. My family is catering the event for us, so we won't have to pay for that, and there is a small kitchen that will make getting things ready very easy. And there's a ton of parking so no issues there either.

-Ely

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: Our Venue (PIP)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    LOVE the stone steps!! And the inside looks beautiful! So so pretty Ely :-)

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    It looks absolutely beautiful elannis! I love the stone/brick and the fireplaces in the reception hall are wonderful. It's going to be a stunning event! Do you know how you want to decorate? Candles? Flowers? I can't wait to hear about all the details as you settle in on ideas!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It looks beautiful! Even in the gray day.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Ely it looks so so awesome!!!! I love all the stone, it's beautiful!!!!!

• Options
    elanniselannis member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!! : ) I think it fits us pretty well!

I have a few ideas so far, but nothing specific. I do like the look of draping white tulle with white lights throughout, and I like flowers floating/suspended in vases, but probably won't have much as far as candles. The venue has a rule of only one candle per table, and I'm not a huge fan of candles because kids always blow them out, lol. We might do those fake flickering candles somehow though.

Other than that, we haven't gotten anywhere with the decorating aspect of things, lol. That'll probably be the one thing we procrastinate on. I just think it's hard to figure out what we want when we can't see how it will look right in front of us. We may have to play with some materials and see what we like.
    -Ely

• Options
    lennonkdclennonkdc member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Elannis- That place is beautiful!! I love it, It does look really warm and cozy. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ely, it's gorgeous!  I can't wait to see how it turns out!!
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    audrewuhaudrewuh member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I love it!! It looks like a castle! 
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • Options
    elanniselannis member
    edited December 2011

We like centerpieces with something like this.

or this:

Sorry the pictures aren't all that big. The second one is one flower with pearls spiraling up around the stem of the flower.

But still have to figure out what else we want to go with it and how exactly we'll incorporate these ideas into the rest of the room.
    -Ely

• Options
    elanniselannis member
    edited December 2011
    Oh, and I went and got everything straightened out so we are getting the Friday and Saturday reserved at the discounted price! That made me so happy! : ) So as long as nobody destroys anything I'll get that money back plus the damage deposits!
    -Ely

• Options
    elanniselannis member
    edited December 2011
    AND:: I forgot to also tell everyone that we booked our honeymoon. We're getting 4 nights in a cabin with a hot tub AND a jacuzzi in the mountains of Gatlinburg, Tennessee!

We were going to use the timeshare that FI's friend offered, but it was for different resorts and nothing private and that's just not what we want for our honeymoon. We'd rather be alone and not worry about everyone else. We've always wanted to rent a cabin for ourselves for a few days where we can just go hike, so we didn't really have to decide much as far as that. It's also driveable, so we won't need plane tickets and we'll have a pretty ride down there.

Everyone wanted us to go to Hawaii or a beach, but we decided to go where we'd be happiest and I'm so excited to go!
    -Ely

• Options
    Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I love it!  It looks like it kind of has a Hogwarts-ish feel to it, so I approve.

And your honeymoon sounds awesome.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on everything Ely!!! It looks wonderful and your honeymoon sounds heavenly! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    elanniselannis member
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! I am so excited for it to get here already so I can take a vacation, lol. I think if FI had it his way, he'd be ok setting up a tent for a week, but I like to shower, lol.

He's definitely funny throughout all the planning. I was talking about learning to dance for our first dance and showed him some examples of songs I like and he first made fun of "fox trot" because it reminds him of Charlie Foxtrot = Cluster F*** ... and then he made fun of Etta James' voice, lol. I don't think he really cares if he's involved in the planning, he just likes to listen to my ideas and then say something really "guy-ish" afterwards and he considers it planned, lol.
    -Ely

• Options
    ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I am beyond jealous of your staircase!  I love it it is beautiful! :)
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    elanniselannis member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_venue-pip-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:df46e664-116e-4433-b95e-0149677aa54cPost:4e7e1472-3884-4597-b559-dc92040eb809">Re: Our Venue (PIP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am beyond jealous of your staircase!  I love it it is beautiful! :)
    Posted by ravenray[/QUOTE]

Thanks!! We don't have a ton of room between the staircase and the dropoff for the river though, so we'll have to put chairs kind of wide instead of long. Any ideas on how to decorate the staircase?
    -Ely

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I love it! Those stairs are going to make for some awesome photo ops!
    5/27/12
  • Options
    elanniselannis member
    edited December 2011
    They also have an old towpath with a boat a few miles away and I thought it'd be neat to take some pictures on the boat with the old bridges and they have a lock that the boat passes through too. Not sure if we'll use it, but I just thought it was kind of neat.

We'll have to work around the tour schedule that the park does using the boat, but it shouldn't be too bad.

-Ely

• Options
    edited December 2011
    that place looks great, so romantic and different!

Anniversary

• Options
    elanniselannis member
    edited December 2011
    Gracias!! I'm just hoping the weather cooperates! : )
    -Ely

• Options
    lunarsongbirdlunarsongbird member
    edited December 2011
    I love the stairs! Will they let you put candles or rose petals up the sides?
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    elanniselannis member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_venue-pip-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:df46e664-116e-4433-b95e-0149677aa54cPost:21d73c31-e244-44d6-b79e-25d09ae89879">Re: Our Venue (PIP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love the stairs! Will they let you put candles or rose petals up the sides?
    Posted by lunarsongbird[/QUOTE]

Hmm, I'm not sure about outside. The contract just mentioned the "1 candle per table" rule. I'll have to ask about that.
    -Ely

• Options
    SopChickSopChick member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Oh Ely, it's gorgeous! I love stone buildings :)

Also, your HM sounds right up my alley. Shut the world out and be just the two of you alone and relaxing. :D
    Canada Cat Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Options
    elanniselannis member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_venue-pip-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:df46e664-116e-4433-b95e-0149677aa54cPost:da6356aa-8313-43cd-9b75-1eb0cb3af6c1">Re: Our Venue (PIP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh Ely, it's gorgeous! I love stone buildings :) Also, your HM sounds right up my alley. <strong>Shut the world out and be just the two of you alone and relaxing. :D</strong>
    Posted by SopChick[/QUOTE]

Exactly! FI's mom was upset because she was afraid their friend would be offended and was worried about what she'd say to her and all that, but I talked to the friend and told her our reasons and she was totally fine with us wanting a smaller honeymoon.
    -Ely

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards