Not Engaged Yet
Options

50 Shades of Grey- This Shi*T is HOT!

Okay...Liv mentioned that you all already discussed Fifty Shades of Grey already on the board...I tried to search for it, but couldn't find it. Did TK gobble it up?

I started reading the triolgy on Tuesday and I am already on the last book.

Courtesy of the New York Times:
“Fifty Shades of Grey” and the two other titles in the series were written by a British author named E L James, a former television executive who began the trilogy by posting fan fiction online. The books, which were released in the last year, center on the lives (and affection for whips, chains and handcuffs) of Christian Grey, a rich, handsome tycoon, and Anastasia Steele, an innocent college student, who enter into a dominant-submissive relationship. The narrative is built on the purple prose typical of pulp novels, with lines like, “My inner goddess is doing the dance of the seven veils.”

Some Thoughts:
1. I WANT an inner gooddess.
2. How do you feel about this book?
3. Have you read it? Are you going to read it?
4. Do you believe it exploits women?
5. How in the world are they going to make a movie of this thing? http://www.csmonitor.com/Books/chapter-and-verse/2012/0327/50-Shades-of-Grey-gets-the-movie-treatment

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: 50 Shades of Grey- This Shi*T is HOT!

• Options
    I think it was on FB it was discussed.

Now I might have to read these.

• Options
    After buying into the Twilight hype, I'm a bit hesitant to read these. I understand 50 shades of Grey is MUCH more adult, but I don't know how I feel about yet another book that represents a woman as a submissive. I know I need to read them before I can actually judge them, so I'm sure I'll get around to it soon. But like I said, once bitten twice shy (no pun intended)...

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I had heard about this series through something else, I don't remember. I don't know, I feel like they might be a little cheesy. I tend to do an inner eye roll when I read lines like “My inner goddess is doing the dance of the seven veils.”. lol. I would be willing to give it a try though if I had some extra time.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I've heard of the book before as of now it doesn't interest me.  it might in the future but for now there is plenty on my to read list.

Anniversary

• Options
    Meh I am not really into kinky romance novels.  In fact I really don't even like romance novels.  I need something else going on in the storyline.   So no I doubt I will read it.
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    I'll just throw it out there, I'm gonna read it for the sex. For no other reason that the bawdy, hot sex scenes. And to get some inspiration.

What can I say, I have a healthy sexual appetite.
  • Options
    The sex is good....but not awesome, I don't think. A fun mind-numbing read though. I don't ever read romance novels...but Allusive mentioned this- and then I saw that it's on the top of the NY Bestseller's list....

When was the last time a romance novel topped the bestseller list? So I wanted to check it out.

I AM interested in seeing how the triology ends.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    I had only heard of this, didn't even know what it was about. But, now I have DL'd it to my Kindle. =P

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards