Not Engaged Yet
Options

NEY on NYE KUI

Hey Ladies! I know some of you were spending New Years Eve in a similar fashion to me...aka sitting on the couch drinking.

I feel like I wasn't around much over the past week, so if anyone wants to fill me in on their Christmas, I'd love to hear about it.

Anyone have plans for tomorrow?

Re: NEY on NYE KUI

• Options
    Hey Jorja! :) I also am sitting here, on the couch, Pizza Hut wings and woodchuck and wine, being cuddly with BF.

Christmas was okay, dealt with BF's crazy family, still haven't done Christmas with my family as they were in TN. My sister did come over Thursday night and I gave her her present. Her exact words, "Holy Sh!t" :) So that was nice. Still haven't decided how I'm going to deal with my mother and her dishes... 

Other than that... all is pretty quiet. BF and I are making plans for the New Year, no resolutions, just.... plans. LOL. Whether or not those will happen, who knows.

We are supposed to get 8-12 inches of snow tomorrow, so I doubt we will be doing much of anything... 
  • Options
    Hi jorja!
    I am not drinking and I am not sure if I will be.  Kind of depends on if the friends house we are going to will have anything.  But first I am going to church. 
    Christmas was really good for me; for once we got NO family drama.  It was awesome and made for a very good christmas!
    Tomorrow I will go to church, maybe make some new recipe or something.  IDK.
    Liv *hugs* that is a lot of things to have accomplished, even if it wasn't all of the ones you wanted!  Just remember that. 
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    Sorry girls! I kind of P&R...I had to make a bunch of food. Originally, we were going to have people over tonight, but it fell through, but I already had an awesome menu of finger foods planned...so I decided to make them anyway,

Liv, I'm really sorry you feel that way about your year. If I can get sappy for a minute, I think you are an incredibly strong and inspiring woman. You have every reason in the world to be a bummer, but instead almost every post from you comes across as incredibly positive. I really enjoy "knowing" you, and I think you're awesome. Even yesterday's post about bad news; your title included hope...I think that sums you up as a person.

Also, this is the first year I can remember where I did pretty much nothing for NYE, and I DON'T CARE. I think it's awesome that I'm in a place where I can be happy just sitting on the couch with the love of my life, and enjoy him.

Also, I am so frustrated with BF's sister right now...she is so totally ridiculous, it's not even funny.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ney-nye-kui?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:e021349f-bd63-4e2f-8460-f7f7a9eeb317Post:442be1bc-1d9d-4ae3-941d-27e6f34a63e1">Re: NEY on NYE KUI</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sorry girls! I kind of P&R...I had to make a bunch of food. Originally, we were going to have people over tonight, but it fell through, but I already had an awesome menu of finger foods planned...so I decided to make them anyway, Liv, I'm really sorry you feel that way about your year. If I can get sappy for a minute, I think you are an incredibly strong and inspiring woman. You have every reason in the world to be a bummer, but instead almost every post from you comes across as incredibly positive. I really enjoy "knowing" you, and I think you're awesome. Even yesterday's post about bad news; your title included hope...I think that sums you up as a person. Also, this is the first year I can remember where I did pretty much nothing for NYE, and I DON'T CARE. I think it's awesome that I'm in a place where I can be happy just sitting on the couch with the love of my life, and enjoy him. <strong>Also, I am so frustrated with BF's sister right now...she is so totally ridiculous, it's not even funny.</strong>
    Posted by jorja86[/QUOTE]

<div>Awww, why's that Jorja??</div>
  • Options
    Oh, God, where to start...

So, we came to a good compromise concerning Christmas. I went up to his family's house on Christmas eve, and had dinner, went to church, then left around 8pm to drive home. I went to midnight Mass with my Mom and siblings, slept at my Mom's and then had Christmas morning as usual. BF met me down in VA around 3pm Christmas day (just in time to head to my Dads for Christmas at his house).

It was a really complicated situation because my parent's aren't together anymore, so Christmas is already split in two for me, so it's not like I can do Christmas Eve with his family, without missing out on time with my Mom. Anyway, that's probably all irrelevant. The problem was, we came to an agreement between the two of us, and then his sister gave him endless shitt for leaving at noon Christmas day. Which is ridiculous considering I missed pretty much all of Christmas with my Mom (all of Christmas Eve).

Oh, so to actually get to his sister. She is a total biitch, who gives him shitt all the time about how "he got so fat". Well, guess what she gave him for Christmas? Workout clothes. And told him they were meant to "inspire him to work out".

There's more, but this post is already tooooo long, so I'll continue later.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    I envy you girls that get your SOs...I'm left on a couch with only chocolate (still too young for legal drinking.) to comfort. BF is working the whole weekend so miles away and already crashed in bed for an early morning tomorrow leaving me without even a video chat of a date for New Year's. :(
  • Options
    jorja86jorja86 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ney-nye-kui?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:e021349f-bd63-4e2f-8460-f7f7a9eeb317Post:f089091c-e2ff-499b-bfdf-ad170d7a3ae6">Re: NEY on NYE KUI</a>:
    [QUOTE]I envy you girls that get your SOs...I'm left on a couch with only chocolate (still too young for legal drinking.) to comfort. BF is working the whole weekend so miles away and already crashed in bed for an early morning tomorrow leaving me without even a video chat of a date for New Year's. :(
    Posted by somethingsilver[/QUOTE]

That sucks that your BF is working.

Where are your girlfriends? Go out and enjoy being in college!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ney-nye-kui?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:e021349f-bd63-4e2f-8460-f7f7a9eeb317Post:654e9b69-3940-44c0-b877-8e4b966697d0">Re: NEY on NYE KUI</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: NEY on NYE KUI : That sucks that your BF is working. Where are your girlfriends? Go out and enjoy being in college!
    Posted by jorja86[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm home for winter break from school and there's really no one in my hometown left. So all alone it is for me.</div>
  • Options
    hi!  I'm checking in to see what's going on before climbing into bed.  it's almost 1:00 here, and I just finished cleaning up the house after we had people over.  it was a lot of fun but I'm ready to crash.  happy new year!  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards