Not Engaged Yet
Options

Awesome family and friends!

Last night FI's friend said that she is going to give us a trip with her time share as a wedding present. We will have the opportunity to vacation somewhere from a list I think, but they look like pretty nice deals! Then today my mom and grandma came to visit and brought me Panera's black bean soup, which I love, and a piece of key lime pie, which I super love, AND bagels! I somehow managed to save half of the piece of pie for FI, lol.

... but my grandma also mentioned that I can have her class ring. She's not sure on the gold exactly, but thinks it's 18k (I don't know what that means, lol). We've been having a hard time finding a low-budget option for  wedding band to fit my engagement ring, so she suggested a lady she knows that is a jeweler that can melt it down and make me a custom wedding band for way cheaper than the bigger stores and she's very, very talented so it will be a well made ring.

It's a nice offer and I like the idea of my past being a part of my future too without it just acquiring one of her rings to use as-is, if that makes sense. So I'm happy today even though I totally blew my diet with that pie, lol.

And now a poll: How many of you would have saved half of the pie for your SO?
-Ely

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: Awesome family and friends!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    one time, I "accidentally dropped" some cookies I had been saving for DH.

more like, I accidentally dropped them into my mouth.  I eventually confessed.  haha!!
  • Options
    peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I voted give it all away :(  But only if we're talking about regular pie.  If it's gluten free pie, all bets are off.
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    elanniselannis member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_awesome-family-friends?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:e1a9594e-6a98-4dfd-85f4-c6452df22c26Post:4feb3627-e70a-45ca-b211-58565529e85a">Re: Awesome family and friends!</a>:
    [QUOTE]one time, I "accidentally dropped" some cookies I had been saving for DH. more like, I accidentally dropped them into my mouth.  I eventually confessed.  haha!!
    Posted by CocoBellaF[/QUOTE]

Haha, I have a bad habit of "dropping" sweets into my mouth. I think I would have had to make some more to make up for it, lol, and then just tell him he'd better take what he wants before I "drop" the rest of them, lol.
    -Ely

• Options
    ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I don't like to share my food.  It is yummy and mine. 

That is so cool about your grandma's ring!
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    elanniselannis member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_awesome-family-friends?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:e1a9594e-6a98-4dfd-85f4-c6452df22c26Post:486fe29e-cbaa-48e3-8b10-32b9d2bce043">Re: Awesome family and friends!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I voted no sharing, but that is because BF hates all sweets so he wouldn't want any pie anyway. :)  And you have lovely family and friends, Ely!
    Posted by LivLeighton[/QUOTE]

I wasn't aware of FI's sweet tooth until we went camping and I had packed all healthy food. We ended up making a midnight run to a gas station and he got like 3 candy bars and ended up getting a rueben sandwich too, lol.
    -Ely

• Options
    elanniselannis member
    edited December 2011
    I figured I could share the pie with him since I picked out a cinnamon crunch bagel that he's not getting any of, lol.

Peek: Is it hard to find gluten free alternatives?
    -Ely

• Options
    edited December 2011
    hahaha I love that you snagged the cinnamon bagel. I would have done the same.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I am absolutely terrible at sharing food. I don't know why, it's not like I ever had to fight for it growing up or anything. I blame my mother for making me an only child. Valid?

Ely that's so so sweet of your family!!  I want to hear some of the destinations on the list!!!

• Options
    peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ely - we usually make our own.  So, not really.  Just as hard as finding the kitchen :)
    I french with my man
  • Options
    elanniselannis member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_awesome-family-friends?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:e1a9594e-6a98-4dfd-85f4-c6452df22c26Post:7617fca5-f9fe-4073-856b-480de33abbf3">Re: Awesome family and friends!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ely - we usually make our own.  So, not really.  Just as hard as finding the kitchen :)
    Posted by peekaboo2011[/QUOTE]

Oh, ok. That's not bad, lol.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_awesome-family-friends?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:e1a9594e-6a98-4dfd-85f4-c6452df22c26Post:1b1ae695-4bae-4356-80b7-125b60464e53">Re: Awesome family and friends!</a>:
    [QUOTE]hahaha I love that you snagged the cinnamon bagel. I would have done the same.
    Posted by CCO2012[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but now I'm being punished. I accidentally inhaled some of the bagel and now I can't stop coughing, lol.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_awesome-family-friends?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:e1a9594e-6a98-4dfd-85f4-c6452df22c26Post:265502f4-d72a-4b2e-9586-f6b664272e82">Re: Awesome family and friends!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am absolutely terrible at sharing food. I don't know why, it's not like I ever had to fight for it growing up or anything. I blame my mother for making me an only child. Valid? Ely that's so so sweet of your family!!  I want to hear some of the destinations on the list!!!
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]

I found the web site that she sent to us. I'm not sure exactly what is included with her time share, but she said to check it out. It's: <a href="https://www.diamondresorts.com/index.aspx" rel="nofollow">https://www.diamondresorts.com/index.aspx</a>
    -Ely

• Options
    cu97tigercu97tiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Ely, that's awesome about the timeshare and your grandma's ring. I know that I personally love having a little part of my grandma and grandpa with me at all times. 

I said I'd share with FI but most likely I'd buy one for me and one for him so I didn't necessarily HAVE to share. He's not much of a sweets person though, so if it isn't red velvet or carrot cake, it all ends up being mine anyway muah hahahahaha
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    My H knows how i am about food and sweets. He would not be upset if I ate the whole slice, but I would feel compelled to confess regardless. :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2011
    wow... there are so many places you could go! That is super nice of FI friend!

Personally I'd pick one of the beach resorts in Spain. :) They look awesome!
  • Options
    elanniselannis member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_awesome-family-friends?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:e1a9594e-6a98-4dfd-85f4-c6452df22c26Post:2840379f-246e-42b1-9b43-a2a5f27cbeb3">Re: Awesome family and friends!</a>:
    [QUOTE]My H knows how i am about food and sweets. He would not be upset if I ate the whole slice, but I would feel compelled to confess regardless. :)
    Posted by desertsun[/QUOTE]
    I am definitely gonna end up spilling about eating that cinnamon bagel. He's still got his asiago bagel though, so he'll be ok, lol. And the pie!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_awesome-family-friends?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:e1a9594e-6a98-4dfd-85f4-c6452df22c26Post:f6fa937c-aaea-4809-9a24-45cecb18da74">Re: Awesome family and friends!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ely, that's awesome about the timeshare and your grandma's ring. I know that I personally love having a little part of my grandma and grandpa with me at all times.  I said I'd share with FI but most likely I'd buy one for me and one for him so I didn't necessarily HAVE to share. He's not much of a sweets person though, so if it isn't red velvet or carrot cake, it all ends up being mine anyway muah hahahahaha
    Posted by cu97tiger[/QUOTE]

Nothing is ever guaranteed to be mine. FI loves all food. The only thing he doesn't eat are the egg yolks in a boiled egg. So I always share, because then he always ends up sharing with me too, lol. It works out. And I do think it will be neat to have part of her ring for mine. How did your FI come up with the design for yours? You have part of your gma and gpas rings in it?
    -Ely

• Options
    elanniselannis member
    edited December 2011
    Attack of the carbs! I'm so sleepy. I want a nap. I'm supposed to do a workout though. This is not good, lol. I'm pretty sure I just ate all the rest of my calories and half of tomorrow's in that bagel too.
    -Ely

• Options
    elanniselannis member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_awesome-family-friends?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:e1a9594e-6a98-4dfd-85f4-c6452df22c26Post:f83057e2-ece4-41d9-9e19-2df1fba8f85c">Re: Awesome family and friends!</a>:
    [QUOTE]wow... there are so many places you could go! That is super nice of FI friend! Personally I'd pick one of the beach resorts in Spain. :) They look awesome!

I'd love to go back to Spain!! I didn't get to travel a ton while I lived there, but we did take an extended weekend vacation to Mallorca. It was mid 60s so everyone that was there was freezing and we were in shorts and tank tops, lol. It was also off-season so we got our room for like 12$/night and it was a block away from the beach. So much fun. I wish I hadn't weighed 275 pounds back then. I probably would have enjoyed it so much more, lol. It'd be fun to take FI and show him where I lived and went to school though!
    -Ely

• Options
    edited December 2011
    wow Ely, you are an inspiration!
  • Options
    elanniselannis member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_awesome-family-friends?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:e1a9594e-6a98-4dfd-85f4-c6452df22c26Post:dc9e84a3-b047-4119-a1cf-3448651cdc01">Re: Awesome family and friends!</a>:
    [QUOTE]wow Ely, you are an inspiration!

Lol, thanks. I'd feel more like an inspiration if I could learn to step away from the bagels and lose this last 20 pounds though.
    -Ely

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards