Not Engaged Yet

Thintopia

Morning ladies! 

I'm disappointed with my weight-loss (or lack there of) this week.  I was only -0.1.  I know a loss is a loss & a loss of any size is better than a gain but I didn't go over my points, I tracked everything, & I was way more active than normal.  It's frustrating. 

I did get my period Saturday night for the first time in at least a year (I take my BCP consecutively without skipping the 4 days between packs, this is ok'ed by my doctor).  I seriously don't even know where it came from. Could that be affecting my weight today?

How did you all do this week?

Re: Thintopia

• I don't have a period thanks to my BC, but when I was on WW, a lot of women there said that their period would affect their weight loss, so I would say it's a good possibility.

I lost about a pound. I did well all week, but also ate a bunch of very salty popcorn yesterday, so I'm going to try to drink a lot of water today and flush out all the excess sodium, lol.
    -Ely

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thintopia-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:e65117ae-26af-4e35-bc71-8533fd46ad26Post:e5f20274-2ece-4970-96ef-43b4ef970d38">Re: Thintopia</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I don't have a period thanks to my BC</strong>, but when I was on WW, a lot of women there said that their period would affect their weight loss, so I would say it's a good possibility. I lost about a pound. I did well all week, but also ate a bunch of very salty popcorn yesterday, so I'm going to try to drink a lot of water today and flush out all the excess sodium, lol.
    Posted by elannis[/QUOTE]

<div>Same. That's why I was so freaked out on Saturday. It's been at least a year, maybe even 2, since I had mine.  I actually cried!  We were out with friends & luckily I was wearing a pad because of that other issue from the procedure a couple weeks ago (yes, STILL).  But I got home & realized I had gotten my period & started crying LOL </div><div>
    </div><div>I hope it's from that. I remember a lot of ladies here sometimes saying theirs affected their weight loss so I'm hoping that's the case for me too. </div>

• I weigh in on Fridays, and I was the exact same as the week before. Down a total of 5.1 lbs from my starting weight. I was actually happy with that, since I ate like crap the weekend before while celebrating my BFF's b'day/engagement.

Rdr, I think your lack of a big loss could be a combo of a couple things. First, it could definitely be your period causing you to retain water weight. Second, if you're building muscle, that weighs more than fat, so if you're working out more, you could have added some muscle mass. Last, are you sure you're eating enough? I think WW recommends that you eat at least 1/2 of your activity points to prevent your body from going into starvation mode.

Hang in there! I know it's really tough to keep trucking when the scale isn't saying what you hoped for, but at least you stuck to the plan and didn't gain!
  • rdr- don't worry too much about it. Your body has a long memory, so while what you did last week does matter, it sometimes can take 2, 3, or 4 weeks of healthy living to see the changes. Also, keep in mind I've been running, doing Insanity, etc pretty regularly for 8 months and have lost 1 lb. The muscle gain means it will take you longer for your weight to go down but when it does, you'll be full of lean muscle :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Thanks for all the advice & encouragement ladies! I'm going to push this week's weigh-in out of my mind & keep doing what I'm doing. Hopefully next week the number will be better :)

• I ate like crap all weekend. I decided that it's good that BF & I don't live together, because I would be a whale if we did. I didn't do TERRIBLE points-wise, but I went over Saturday and Sunday so I had to use some of my weekly extras, and I know it just wasn't good.

I've missed my meetings the last two Saturdays because of work - last week I weighed myself at home and was down a total of 6 lbs from the start of the month, but today I was too scared to get on the scale. I'll be able to get to my meeting this Saturday, so hopefully this weekend didn't throw me off too badly. I will be able to eat better all week, that should get me back on track!!

*******************************************************************************************

• So I weighed in this morning and surprisingly I was down 4lbs this week. So yay for that! I haven't been great at exercising this past week, but I'm hoping to get back on the ball this week and get some exercise in.

I, like Ely, don't have a period because of BC, but I agree with everyone else that it can affect your weight because of bloat etc. so don't get down on yourself. Keep up the good work and I think you'll be pleasantly surprised next week!

• I did pretty well until last night. Me and a friend of mine went to a pizza buffet. XD I didn't have a chance, lol!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thintopia-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:e65117ae-26af-4e35-bc71-8533fd46ad26Post:54b9f2d0-14b0-44f9-931b-e51dbea24379">Re: Thintopia</a>:
    [QUOTE]So I weighed in this morning and surprisingly <strong>I was down 4lbs this week.</strong> So yay for that! I haven't been great at exercising this past week, but I'm hoping to get back on the ball this week and get some exercise in. I, like Ely, don't have a period because of BC, but I agree with everyone else that it can affect your weight because of bloat etc. so don't get down on yourself. Keep up the good work and I think you'll be pleasantly surprised next week!
    Posted by Ollie08[/QUOTE]

<div>Great job!!!</div>

• I won't weigh myself until I go to the gym later, but I feel like I did alright this week. I tried to eat fairly well, and almost succeeded. Plus I went to the gym a few times and walked the dogs. We'll see if I actually lost, maybe half a pound, but that would still be okay with me.
  • the chocolate festival did me in, I'm back where I started.  :( 

oh well, I'm starting new today.  no big deal.
  • Drank like a fish Saturday night and ate pizza hut on Friday, still feel gross. Hey at least I only gained half a pound after my horrible off plan week,
  • rdr, I understand the frustration. Friday night I was complaining that I lost four pounds the first week of January, and zero in the next three. I was also a little cranky from being hungry. Counting calories can be so difficult at times.
  • bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2012
    I'm going to weigh-in in a moment but I'm not expecting too much. I did not do fantastic at my diet this week.

My period always affects my weight loss (when I actually have it, it's all out of whack) and I don't even bother weighing myself that week because it isn't really accurate.

ETA: I lost 0.6 lbs. Not great (obviously) but down is always better than no change and it's way better than going up so I'm not too sad.

• my TOTM affects my weight by 2-4 pounds.  :(
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thintopia-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:e65117ae-26af-4e35-bc71-8533fd46ad26Post:ce23d6c7-476b-46a5-ac27-9b0e2bb3d4fd">Thintopia</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning ladies!  I'm disappointed with my weight-loss (or lack there of) this week.  I was only -0.1.  I know a loss is a loss & a loss of any size is better than a gain but I didn't go over my points, I tracked everything, & I was way more active than normal.  It's frustrating.  I did get my period Saturday night for the first time in at least a year (I take my BCP consecutively without skipping the 4 days between packs, this is ok'ed by my doctor).  I seriously don't even know where it came from. Could that be affecting my weight today? How did you all do this week?
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]

I'm right there with you.  I was actually excited to weigh in this morning, but I was only down a whopping 0.2 lbs.

I just changed up my diet, though, so hopefully I'll see some good results next week?
  • I was pretty excited to weigh in today, since I felt I had been good and tried to workout more than usual. Ended up losing 2.5lbs, so I'm ridiculously happy about that!
  • that's great Hazel!!

and I would love to see a -0.6 loss, beth, but I saw a +1.8 gain!!  boo.  congrats on the loss.  :)
  • Thanks Coco! Now another week ahead :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thintopia-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:e65117ae-26af-4e35-bc71-8533fd46ad26Post:e6620767-e246-4d05-b5c0-3fba9412454a">Re: Thintopia</a>:
    [QUOTE]I lost 2.2 lbs this week! Hooray! Not to jinx myself, but since re-starting WW concurrently with the African mango on January 2, I've lost a total of 11 lbs. This is like....huge. I haven't lost ANY weight in over a year (consistently gaining) and the only thing I've changed is adding the mango. Woo! 
    Posted by LivLeighton[/QUOTE]

Liv I am so flippin proud of you and your weight loss, but especially because you haven't given up when it would have been so easy to in the past. Way to go!!!!!

• Having your period definitely affects a weigh in. I have read before that it has to do with hormones and water weight.. I forget the details though.
    I'm so happy, I lost 6 pounds this week! That is 11 pounds in 2 weeks so far. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thintopia-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:e65117ae-26af-4e35-bc71-8533fd46ad26Post:e6620767-e246-4d05-b5c0-3fba9412454a">Re: Thintopia</a>:
    [QUOTE]I lost 2.2 lbs this week! Hooray! Not to jinx myself, but since re-starting WW concurrently with the African mango on January 2, I've lost a total of 11 lbs. This is like....huge. I haven't lost ANY weight in over a year (consistently gaining) and the only thing I've changed is adding the mango. Woo! 
    Posted by LivLeighton[/QUOTE]

That's great, Liv!!

I'm on the mango now, too, but I haven't really had any results yet. I've only been using half the recommended dose, though. Maybe I should go up to the full amount.
  • Liv - can you tell a difference, besides the scale?  are your clothes fitting differently?  do you feel better?  how exciting!  maybe I need to get on the boat.  :)
  • I gained a little. Boo. I did have a hard week last week...but i'm back on that horse now. Hopefully this week will be a good one for me. I did log on to TK just to respond to this post and log my weight for the day...so you all should feel VERY special!
  • It sounds like there was a lot of success stories this week & those of us that weren't so happy at the scale are prepared to put it behind us a move forward :)

When I got off the scale I literally wanted to shake it & scream "I DEMAND A RECOUNT!"  

Maybe next week if it pisses me off again.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards