Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Altar Decoration Ideas

I'm getting married in a church that doesn't have a large altar. The only ones actually on the platform will be me, my FI and the 2 pastors performing our ceremony. I don't like arches and I'm not a really big fan of the columns with greenery on top...but so far this is the best idea I can come up with. We're having a "vintage" feel for the reception where we're mixing and matching old silver and pink glass trays and such that my family has (our colors are a blush pink and dark gray).

Does anyone have other ideas for the altar besides the usual arch and columns with flowers?

Re: Altar Decoration Ideas

• Options
    We're doing unity sand, so we'll have that, plus 2 candle stands, and 1 large floral arrangement.  The lady doing our flowers is doing the floral arrangement, and she's mixing mostly fake flowers with some real ones plus some live greenery. 
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • Options
    perhaps just some tulle and white lights? make something simple in the background
    BabyFruit Ticker boots badgeDaisypath Anniversary tickers Photobucket
  • Options
    A couple of large flower arrangements or candelabras?  I'm not a fan of arches either.  Sometimes less is better.  Will the church have banners or any linens hanging that will help add something?
  • Options
    I think we're looking at using an urn with flowers on either side, kind of like this:

• Options
    gcwardgcward member
    First Comment
    Thanks guys! Your ideas were great! I went shopping this weekend and found an awesome black iron stand that has lanterns (looks prettier than I can describe it) and I bought the battery operated candles that flicker and look real so put insde. Can't wait to see how it looks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards