Not Engaged Yet
Options

I has a bling:)

I'm so excited, Matt finally proposed! He did it almost two weeks ago but I knew you ladies wouldn't be happy without a pic so I had to wait until I found someone technically savvy enough to help me out (my FSIL!).

My grandmother died about two weeks ago, and I couldn't go with my parents to the funeral in TX because I had Court appearances all that week... It was my mother's mom, and she had been so upset, and I was upset because I couldn't go, and my dad was just trying to hold my mom together and everybody had been so out of sorts... I was scheduled to leave for a vacay on Oct 1 to Fla to see my parents which had been scheduled for months. Matt and I went to my parents house here in VA the night before I left, we take care of the house for them when they're staying in Fla, and we were sitting in the kitchen having a few drinks when he popped out the box!!!!

I asked him "is that what I think it is?" and he nodded and I climbed on his lap and cried for about 10 mins! He told me he was going to wait until I got back from seeing my parents but he wanted us to have something happy to talk about that week with everybody being so sad. (what a sweetheart to think of my 'rents too)

So of course I was barely off the plane and showed my parents who are TOTALLY stoked because they love him. But we had to wait until I got back to tell his family and then it took forever for us to finally get up with his parents and bro and sis and it's been just crazy! But now everything's finally settling down and I can't stop staring at the ring! This is the only pic I have so far and it doesn't even begin to do it justice! (Huge thanks to Blue Nile btw;) I'm so excited!!!!!

I hope you ladies like the pic, I'll post more when his sis helps me out!!!

Re: I has a bling:)

• Options
    ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!  I am sorry about your grandmother though.
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    elanniselannis member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations! It is a lovely ring. I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother though.
    -Ely

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    lennonkdclennonkdc member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry to hear about your grandmother- But major congrats on the engagement!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry to hear about your grandma.  But congrats on the engagement, it was really sweet of him to think of you and your parents and make sure you all had something happy :)
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Allisonesq77Allisonesq77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's been really bittersweet.... I wish she was here to know the news......

I can't stop thinking that he couldn't have picked a better time to pop the question. I needed happy thoughts.
  • Options
    DanieKADanieKA member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Condolences and congrats. Your ring is beautiful and I'm sure your grandmother would be thrilled that you are taking this next step in your life!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_bling?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:e9f239b8-715e-4504-b02a-4addf5c914c5Post:57379698-3463-4a00-bd6d-40aa1b3ccb30">Re: I has a bling:)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Condolences and congrats. Your ring is beautiful and I'm sure your grandmother would be thrilled that you are taking this next step in your life!
    Posted by DanieKA[/QUOTE]

<div>This. And it is so sweet what he did so that you could all be happy. He's a keeper lol. Congrats and I love your ring. </div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So sorry to hear about your grandma, but congrats on the engagement.  Your ring is beautiful

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandmother.... but congrats on the engagement! Your ring is beautiful! It sounds like you have a very sweet and thoughful FI!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    "People destined to meet will do so, apparently by chance, at precisely the right moment." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    polkadot111polkadot111 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    SUCH a pretty ring! <3 it!! And sorry about your grandmother.
    Used to be bourgehm. +1,500 posts. Silly knot
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Cute story, how thoughtful of your FI to give your trip something positive and happy to talk about.  Sorry to hear about your grandma though, losing a family member is never easy.  T & P for you and your family, especially your mom!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    karlee4everkarlee4ever member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations! I bet your grandma is smiling over you!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards