Not Engaged Yet
Options

I'm sweating, I'm shaky and I think I may throw up!

Because I just finished an Insanity dvd and it totally kicked my butt! I made it through except for the 8 hop squats into 8 pushup set.

I'm also on track for calories today so far. I'm trying to make up a little for yesterday's bagels and pie.

How's everyone else doing today with exercise and/or food?
-Ely

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: I'm sweating, I'm shaky and I think I may throw up!

• Options
    Ollie08Ollie08 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Miserably. In fact, I've been avoinding the accountability posts because I really don't want to have to admit just how bad I've been. But this morning I was running really late for work and the only already ironed pair of pants in my closet were ones I bought over the summer. They wouldn't even zip. So I had to grab some from the clean laundry and iron them.

Made me really sad/mad that I've let myself get like that. I know what I'm doing when I'm consuming all of those empty calories and overeating, but I do it anyway.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    elanniselannis member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_im-sweating-im-shaky-think-may-throw-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:ea7fed8b-a172-443f-980d-a285a020d469Post:d8420f79-ff45-4eb3-8db8-142cf778be07">Re: I'm sweating, I'm shaky and I think I may throw up!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Miserably. In fact, I've been avoinding the accountability posts because I really don't want to have to admit just how bad I've been. But this morning I was running really late for work and the only already ironed pair of pants in my closet were ones I bought over the summer. They wouldn't even zip. So I had to grab some from the clean laundry and iron them. Made me really sad/mad that I've let myself get like that. I know what I'm doing when I'm consuming all of those empty calories and overeating, but I do it anyway.
    Posted by Ollie08[/QUOTE]

I know how you feel. I've been avoiding them lately too because I just don't want to admit how poorly I've been doing. Today is the first day in a while that I've honestly been counting calories AND did a workout. Last night I got really upset about how I've been doing and FI gave me a pep talk and made me feel better, so I made him repeat his pep talk into my phone so I'll have it when I need to hear it any time I want. Hopefully this will help. We'll find out later when my cravings usually kick in.

It really seems like it shouldn't be all that hard to just say no to things and to get up and work out for 30 minutes, but for some reason I always find an excuse. I'm tired of it. I've lost 110 pounds, darn it. Why can't I lose the last 20 - 25? Grr. It's times like this that make me the most determined though. Maybe you can sit your pair of pants out where you can see them and it'll be a reminder for you. I've done that before. You can do it!!!

Sorry for the vent, lol.
    -Ely

• Options
    Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I just ate a big lunch I didn't need. Oh well. Good job, Ely, on getting through your workout!
  • Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I've been pretty bad today (bacon, egg whites, cheese in a wrap for breakfast & chicken tika masala for lunch) because I was out last night & needed bad food to make me feel better today.  I really do plan on "behaving" for dinner tonight though. I've been doing well over all as far as food goes.  Nothing has change on the exercising front though which I really want to change but I just don't. I have no excuses or reasons.

• Options
    Blue & WhiteBlue & White member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I felt like that this morning without doing the insanity dvd :(

I'm on way too many antibiotics right now to worry about food/exercise.  Well, no, I still worry about food (not enough food = queasiness, apparently) but not in the same way.

At least the antibiotics are making me better (at least from what I can tell)

You rock for doing the insanity dvd!  Keep it going!
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Options
    jemmini6jemmini6 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    These posts make me realize I need to get my butt back to the gym.  I've had some MAJOR slacking for the last like 3 or 4 weeks because of the wedding.  So keep posting so you can motivate me to get back on the workout horse. :-)

And BTW, major kudos to you for even trying Insanity.  That and P90X scare me (as far and strictly sticking to their plans, I can do a workout here and there occassionally, but then I'm sore for days)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    elanniselannis member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_im-sweating-im-shaky-think-may-throw-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:ea7fed8b-a172-443f-980d-a285a020d469Post:13cb5ae2-ba32-4a0c-99df-fae2a789d160">Re: I'm sweating, I'm shaky and I think I may throw up!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I felt like that this morning without doing the insanity dvd :( I'm on way too many antibiotics right now to worry about food/exercise.  Well, no, I still worry about food (not enough food = queasiness, apparently) but not in the same way. At least the antibiotics are making me better (at least from what I can tell) You rock for doing the insanity dvd!  Keep it going!
    Posted by Blue & White[/QUOTE]

Aw, I'm sorry you're not feeling well. I wouldn't care about exercise or diets if I were sick like that either. Feel better soon!!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_im-sweating-im-shaky-think-may-throw-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:ea7fed8b-a172-443f-980d-a285a020d469Post:3f89a753-ef13-4c31-9708-a3c4497b8519">Re: I'm sweating, I'm shaky and I think I may throw up!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good job, Ely! I think it's most important to join the accountability posts WHEN you're not doing well. I find them very motivating. As for me, I have -14 WW points left for this week (ends tomorrow). Technically, I am about even because I ate less daily points some days and they don't factor that in, so I still tehnically have 2 points for my overall weekly points. The trouble came when we ordered out on Saturday night and drank, which was super fun but threw my whole week off track in that one meal/drinks. Typically I'm able to offset my one "big meal" day by working out, but my legs have been SO weak and sore that the most I'm able to get in is a mile walking before my legs feel like they are going to fall off. It's better than nothing, but it's not at the level I have been working out. So, I'm not sure if this week will show another slight loss or be back to gaining, but I should come out even on the points. I'm finding that I'm craving really bad food right now. Like, I want a huge platter of chicken fajitas, which is like nearly 30 points. (And I'll take a few margaritas to go with that, which are also heavy on the points.) I want to bake a pan of brownies and eat the whole thing. I have done well and only caved once (Cape Cod potato chips...yum), which were still within my points, but my goal is to not cave at all except my one "cheat" day, where I use up a lot of my weekly points.
    Posted by LivLeighton[/QUOTE]

You are absolutely right about how we SHOULD post here when we're doing badly, and I know that when I conveniently avoid the posts, but I am going to work on that and see if it helps. I know what you mean too about cravings. I have been dying for brownies for about a month now, and margaritas and wine ALWAYS sound good, but I know if I have a glass, I'm gonna get the munchies. And then I have another glass and decide the day is screwed up enough, so might as well go all out. It's a horrible cycle. I do try to give myself little treats throughout, so I don't feel like I'm too restricted, but it's hard to moderate once I get a taste. I think you've been doing so awesome. I'm sorry your legs are sore though. I would definitely share some of that pain for you if I could.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_im-sweating-im-shaky-think-may-throw-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:ea7fed8b-a172-443f-980d-a285a020d469Post:749019f8-5ae3-4e35-89a1-85fbe4529ef9">Re: I'm sweating, I'm shaky and I think I may throw up!</a>:
    [QUOTE]These posts make me realize I need to get my butt back to the gym.  I've had some MAJOR slacking for the last like 3 or 4 weeks because of the wedding.  So keep posting so you can motivate me to get back on the workout horse. :-) And BTW, major kudos to you for even trying Insanity.  That and P90X scare me (as far and strictly sticking to their plans, I can do a workout here and there occassionally, but then I'm sore for days)
    Posted by jemmini6[/QUOTE]

P90x and Insanity are awesome though! And definitely worth the pain. I had more pain with P90x than I did with Insanity. I definitely recommend P90x first though. I couldn't walk, sit, laugh, or sneeze for the first week of P90x without pain, but if you push through and do what you can, it does get so much better the next week.  I know what you mean about the schedule though. It's hard to do 6 days a week. I've modified my schedule so I get two days off a week. Usually I just take my rest days first and then end up being too busy another day so I get behind. Also need to work on that. *Sigh*
    -Ely

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Awful. My coworkers invited me to lunch at On the Border and within ten minutes of us returning to the office, I became overwhelmingly nauseated. Now I can't concentrate on anything except not throwing up.

I love On the Border, but it doesn't love me :/

image 170 Invited (holy crap!)

image 98 are coming to party!

image 29 have other plans

image 43 need to respond!

"Bside - You're just too sexy for your own good" ~ leia1979

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg
  • Options
    heyimbrenheyimbren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've actually (surprisingly) been good today and yesterday (so far). Yesterday was a personal training day, and the good news is I'm not as sore as I was last week afterwards :P I can feel it, but not in a bad way.

My food's been good so far- I'm still trying to get the hang out what I should be and shouldn't be eating right now. I need to get more veggies into my diet, but I'm picky so that makes it tricky!

Anyone have suggestions for extra veggies? I've been eating lots of broccoli, cauliflower and asparagus so far. Celery will be added soon too. Corn and carrots are a no-go.

Today is a rest day for exercise. Make sure I do some cardio tomorrow!
  • Options
    elanniselannis member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_im-sweating-im-shaky-think-may-throw-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:ea7fed8b-a172-443f-980d-a285a020d469Post:e7d9e34b-ece5-4ec1-9906-0fe5cc26e19b">Re: I'm sweating, I'm shaky and I think I may throw up!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've actually (surprisingly) been good today and yesterday (so far). Yesterday was a personal training day, and the good news is I'm not as sore as I was last week afterwards :P I can feel it, but not in a bad way. My food's been good so far- I'm still trying to get the hang out what I should be and shouldn't be eating right now. I need to get more veggies into my diet, but I'm picky so that makes it tricky! Anyone have suggestions for extra veggies? I've been eating lots of broccoli, cauliflower and asparagus so far. Celery will be added soon too. Corn and carrots are a no-go. Today is a rest day for exercise. Make sure I do some cardio tomorrow!
    Posted by heyimbren[/QUOTE]

Good job on being good! : ) Also on not feeling as sore; that means you're improving! Most veggies are wonderful for you. Corn and potatoes can be high in starches, but anything that is a deep color (broccoli, red pepper, spinach, etc.) are going to be great for you. The more color, the better. Stuff like iceberg lettuce and celery, although not bad for you, is mostly water.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_im-sweating-im-shaky-think-may-throw-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:ea7fed8b-a172-443f-980d-a285a020d469Post:83adcbb6-c8cc-462e-aa91-1f04147c8735">Re: I'm sweating, I'm shaky and I think I may throw up!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Awful. My coworkers invited me to lunch at On the Border and within ten minutes of us returning to the office, I became overwhelmingly nauseated. Now I can't concentrate on anything except not throwing up. I love On the Border, but it doesn't love me :/
    Posted by bsidebella[/QUOTE]

Oh no! I know how you feel though. I love, love, LOVE Chinese food, but I can't eat it. It probably doesn't help that it's always a buffet and I stuff myself though, lol.
    -Ely

• Options
    heyimbrenheyimbren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ely, I'm just planning on using a celery for some cheese :) It makes it crunchier, and I'm staying away from crackers.

Spinach, though, is a BRILLIANT idea. I don't know why I didn't think of it!
  • Options
    elanniselannis member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_im-sweating-im-shaky-think-may-throw-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:ea7fed8b-a172-443f-980d-a285a020d469Post:3d301938-c799-408e-92a1-208c6644901f">Re: I'm sweating, I'm shaky and I think I may throw up!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ely, I'm just planning on using a celery for some cheese :) It makes it crunchier, and I'm staying away from crackers. Spinach, though, is a BRILLIANT idea. I don't know why I didn't think of it!
    Posted by heyimbren[/QUOTE]

Haha, oh ok. That's a good idea. I eat peanut butter with mine. It keeps me away from toast!

I love spinach! Cooked or raw.
    -Ely

• Options
    cu97tigercu97tiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I did a 2-mile run yesterday before work, and set my alarm for 5am this morning, but just couldn't get out of bed. I'm hoping to do a run when I get home at 8 tonight, and then another one and some weights at lunch time tomorrow. 

I'm committed to giving up soda from now until the wedding (except for in alcholic beverages) and actually abiding by the 80/20 rule. No more time to procrastinate... it's GO TIME!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I've been eating better this past week, There has been a lot of theater the past few weeks, so I haven't been working out as much as I hoped.  I really hope next week to begin to increase my work out time.

Anniversary

• Options
    QuiltingNurseQuiltingNurse member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Everyone here is doing better than me right now. I've done nothing good for myself lately and the cheesecake today just added to it. 
    We booked a trip to Dominican for Feb and I have come to the sad realization that none of my summer clothes fit me anymore so I need to lose a few pounds and tone up before then since I can't afford a new summer wardrobe. I quit my gym today and joined a different one with scheduled classes, a pool, and a women's only section. I go for my fitness consultation tomorrow and I'm hoping that will push me in the right direction! My neighbour goes there as well so I'm hoping I can convince her to go to at least 4 classes a week with me.
  • Options
    elanniselannis member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_im-sweating-im-shaky-think-may-throw-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:ea7fed8b-a172-443f-980d-a285a020d469Post:58c6e045-96ac-4b2e-b925-5309546cac60">Re: I'm sweating, I'm shaky and I think I may throw up!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Everyone here is doing better than me right now. I've done nothing good for myself lately and the cheesecake today just added to it.  We booked a trip to Dominican for Feb and I have come to the sad realization that none of my summer clothes fit me anymore so I need to lose a few pounds and tone up before then since I can't afford a new summer wardrobe. I quit my gym today and joined a different one with scheduled classes, a pool, and a women's only section. I go for my fitness consultation tomorrow and I'm hoping that will push me in the right direction! My neighbour goes there as well so I'm hoping I can convince her to go to at least 4 classes a week with me.
    Posted by QuiltingNurse[/QUOTE]

It sounds like you've gotten on the right path and are taking steps towards accomplishing your goal! Can't ask for more than that. And if you start now, you have plenty of time to lose some weight and tone up for your trip! : )

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_im-sweating-im-shaky-think-may-throw-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:ea7fed8b-a172-443f-980d-a285a020d469Post:517129da-cfe6-4eae-8b9e-67402ebbe88e">Re: I'm sweating, I'm shaky and I think I may throw up!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I did a 2-mile run yesterday before work, and set my alarm for 5am this morning, but just couldn't get out of bed. I'm hoping to do a run when I get home at 8 tonight, and then another one and some weights at lunch time tomorrow.  I'm committed to giving up soda from now until the wedding (except for in alcholic beverages) and actually abiding by the 80/20 rule. No more time to procrastinate... it's GO TIME!
    Posted by cu97tiger[/QUOTE]

I am not a fan of running in the dark and even now at 6 pm, it's completely dark outside. : ( I can't wait for winter to be over and it's not even here yet! I need to stop procrastinating too. Good luck!!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_im-sweating-im-shaky-think-may-throw-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:ea7fed8b-a172-443f-980d-a285a020d469Post:76483b37-5268-4ead-a675-0c710ff2b585">Re: I'm sweating, I'm shaky and I think I may throw up!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've been eating better this past week, There has been a lot of theater the past few weeks, so I haven't been working out as much as I hoped.  I really hope next week to begin to increase my work out time.
    Posted by danser55[/QUOTE]

Congrats on the eating better and good luck on getting in more workouts! You can do it! : )
    -Ely

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards