Not Engaged Yet

New Year's Resolutions

Do you guys do resolutions? What are they? Mine is to read a book at night instead of bringing my laptop to bed. 

Re: New Year's Resolutions

• edited December 2011
    Hmmm... I have several.

1.  Lose the 8 lbs. I put on this semester and continue losing weight.  (I was doing so well over the summer!)

2.  Keep on top of my work for school and really push myself.

3.  Stop slacking off on my appearance because I don't like the attention.

4.  Go to church more often.
  • heyimbrenheyimbren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Normally I don't like doing resolutions, but this year I decided to go for it and set some goals.

Stop biting my nails.

Find a class I like at my gym.

More water & more veggies.

I'm pretty simple with my resolutions.
  • coastiegrl25coastiegrl25 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mine are...

1. To actually stick to my budget and not overspend.  Actually save money.

2. Go to the gym, lose the weight that I've gained in time for my wedding.

3.  Find a church here to go to.
    When is my wedding
  • paintgirlpaintgirl member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    1. Only eat food with some nutritional value (except a cheat day once a week). So no candy, junk food, filler crap.

2. Stay within my budget so I can save/invest more.

3. Find a new job for BF so we can move to civilization!

4. Run a marathon.

Ok, so #3 is more like, "Be supportive in bf's job search and be financially prepared to move if/when necessary."
  • jemmini6jemmini6 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    1.  start going to the gym regularly again.  It's not so much about losing weight (as in numbers on the scale) but losing fat and gaining muscle.

2. Read more

3.  Cook at home more often.  We eat out too much...
    Anniversary
  • babybchbumbabybchbum member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    COASTIE: have you every looked into the Dave Ramsey series.. it is really great to kick start savings. DH and I began saving 2 yrs ago and now have a nice nest egg in the bank.

Mine are:

Have a healthy pregnancy & Baby

Eat Better (south beach diet friendlyish) & cook at home more

Begin Tithing at church(well a larger %)

I'd really love to run 2 5ks after august too.

over all be healthy and happy this year.
  • coastiegrl25coastiegrl25 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    BBB- I haven't but I will definitely look into it!  Anything would be helpful at this point.  My Dad wrote out a budget for us, but it doesn't speficy for the savings and such.  Just how much we will have left over.  Thanks!
    When is my wedding
  • edited December 2011
    1. Have more sex.

2. Get out more. Go to more movies, more shows, just get out for the hell of it.

3. Stop stressing out about what others might think of me.

4. Excel in my internship and continue doing well in school.

5. Keep up with going to temple.

Happy New Year!
  • sparkles88sparkles88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. I have the same resolution as Bren. I'd like to finally stop biting my nails. On the plus side, I've never had a broken nail!

2. This one is similar to Paint's. I would like to eat more food with actual nutritional content (i.e. more whole grain breads, more veggies, etc.).

3. I also want to cook more real meals at home to discourage eating out at restaurants so much.
  • edited December 2011
    1. workout 4 times a week
    2. brown bag it at least 2 times a week
    3.  Reduce our grocery bill by $50 a month
    4.  Go without buying shoes, clothing, or any other non-essential for 3 months.

• bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    1. Lose 70 lbs (I went to the gym today and started my diet!)
    2. Stop biting my nails
    3. Graduate! My dad and I were talking and if I take 2 summer courses I can finish my undergrad. by December instead of May 2012! But that resolution all depends on what summer courses are going to be offered.
    4. Maybe get engaged?? Its not really a resolution but if I graduate in December that would most likely move our timeline up :D

• edited December 2011
    My resolutions are:

1. Keep on going to Zumba classes and strive to be as active as possible this year, especially going on more hikes.
    2. I've been pretty good with making things at home, but now that I have a KitchenAid mixer I want to start making bread, biscuts, bagels, etc. at home (I've made bread and biscuts already, so I hope I keep that up!)
    3. Be more conscious about what I eat- I was good most of last year eating a lot of organic foods but I slacked off the past month. I want to be more aware of everything I'm eating, and I'd like to stick to eating at least 80% organic food and at least 3 different fruits and/or veggies a day.
    4. Hopefully when I get a job, put away a good deal of money for upcoming life events.
    Planning/Project Fit

Photobucket
    "Sounds of laughter shades of earth are ringing through my open ears inciting and inviting me"
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1) More sexy time.
    2) More gym days.
    3) Save the remaining 10% for our down payment.

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • edited December 2011
    <span style="font-size:10.8333px;" class="Apple-style-span">In Response to <a style="text-decoration:none;font-weight:normal;color:#1f1f1f;" href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_new-years-resolutions-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:eab9597a-9a14-4970-a792-8fb5c62a9d0bPost:0022c5a5-4068-4059-adce-48f3ef215a13">Re: New Year's Resolutions</a>:
    [QUOTE]COASTIE: have you every looked into the Dave Ramsey series.. it is really great to kick start savings. DH and I began saving 2 yrs ago and now have a nice nest egg in the bank. Mine are: Have a healthy pregnancy & Baby Eat Better<strong>(south beach diet friendlyish) </strong>& cook at home more Begin Tithing at church(well a larger %) I'd really love to run 2 5ks after august too. over all be healthy and happy this year.
    Posted by babybchbum[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>From  my understanding the South Beach diet is very high in sodium. My mom was looking into this and my sister, an RN, told her it wasn't a good idea because of the sodium content. </div><div>
    </div><div>I don't really do resolutions. I know I want to keep my grades up and graduate in December, but I don't need new years for that. </div><div>
    </div><div>GL everyone!</div></span>

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • edited December 2011
    1. Start regularly posting in my blog

2. Lose at least 10 pounds (I gained sooooo much over the holidays, it was really disheartening)

3. Find a job.

image 170 Invited (holy crap!)

image 98 are coming to party!

image 29 have other plans

image 43 need to respond!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

"Bside - You're just too sexy for your own good" ~ leia1979

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg
  • CASK85CASK85 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    1. More sexy time with FI
    2. Run 8k race in April (and stick with the "training" that goes along with this)
    3. Work harder at work/school so I can graduate sooner
    4. Plan an awesome wedding on a small budget :) 
  • edited December 2011
    I just have one..... loose 20 lbs by Nov.
  • edited December 2011
    i hate the idea of a year-long resolution.  i never stick with them because i fall back and get discouraged and give up.  so this year i decided to try monthly resolutions, and at the end of every month i'll reassess where i'm at and pledge new goals.

my january goals are:
    1.  exercise at least 3 times a week.
    2.  do something extra to my hair at least once a week (either deep condition it, clarify it, or try a new hairstyle or accessory). 
    3.  be braver in my clothes choices (less neutrals, more colors, try new looks)
         for 2 & 3: i have gotten really lazy on my appearance the past several months and i get down on myself for not feeling attractive.
    4.  wash my face at night at least 4 times a week (embarrassed!  i get lazy at night and don't wash my face sometimes.)
    5.  clean out one area of my life:  either my closet, a drawer, my undergarments and socks, old college papers and books...  SOMETHING!  so by the time i move into the new house i won't have so much stuff dragging me down.
    6.  put on lip gloss at least once a day. 
    7.  finish the guest list, start visiting caterers, and get together a concrete notebook of wedding inspiration to give to the lady who is helping me with flowers, decorations, etc.

my long-term goals are to get back down to pre-engagement weight before engagement pics and dress fittings in mid-March, have more confidence, get married without a nervous breakdown, and stress less/relax more.
  • calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. Stop biting my nails.  Seriously this time... I'm going to have a ring on that finger at some point this year, it better look good when it happens!

2. Run this half marathon in February.  Sign up for another half marathon to keep motivated.

3. Save 10% of my salary in a savings account for rainy days.

Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    We decided this before realizing that it is kind of a new year resolution, but FI and I are doing the Couch to 5k program. We signed up for a 5k in March and a 10K in April. We started day one yesterday and we're still turned onto it, so hopefully we can stay motivated.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I try not to make strict new year's resolutions, because they always fail. A couple of things I've been thinking about recently:

1.) Declutter my apartment. After being away from my apartment for two weeks, I came back to realize that it's not as clean or organized as I'd like it to be. The disorganization is adding unnecessary stress to my life.

2.) Eat more fruits and vegetables. I have been sick A LOT this school year, and I think it's because my diet is not doing much to support my immune system.

3.) Develop simple exercise habits. I don't have any particular weight loss goals, but exercise will help me sleep better and boost my immune system. I'm also pretty out of shape, and tire quickly.

4.) Post more on TK ;-)  I've been on here almost a year, and I have just over 300 posts. I'm always lurking around and reading, but I never post. I guess it's because I normally come on during the evenings, and by then I'm pretty late to the party.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards