Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Walking down the aisle together. Music?

This is my second wedding and we are going to walk down the aisle together.  I was trying to figure out what music to play.  Any suggestions. I was thinking Train - Marry me.

Re: Walking down the aisle together. Music?

• Options
    MelissaAnne88MelissaAnne88 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited May 2011
    Well, it really depends on what type of music you like.

Traditional? Go with the wedding march, Canon in D, or Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring.
    A rebel? Take your favorite rock song and find an instrumental version of it.
    Religious? Your/your FI's favorite hymn.
    Folksy? A celtic ballad, or a song from a group like Nicklecreek.

And "Marry Me" by Train is extremely popular right now. So a ton of brides are using it. That doesn't mean that you can't too! Just be prepared to know a lot of people that use the same song.
    The Happiest 5K on the Planet! Color Run 2012
    "I think the threat of 'You've ticked off The Brides!' might do it." Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_walking-down-isle-together-music?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:ed7c647e-42e0-459f-b416-230097cce368Post:1660a9ed-f273-41c6-8e9f-4b67da663d6a">Re: Walking down the isle together. Music?</a>:
    [QUOTE]*aisle.
    Posted by aegrish[/QUOTE]
    I wanted say something...but I decided to play nice this morning. ;)
    "I think the threat of 'You've ticked off The Brides!' might do it." Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options

I knew there was a reason I never enter these chats.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_walking-down-isle-together-music?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:ed7c647e-42e0-459f-b416-230097cce368Post:af20e6f4-1e46-435c-af91-b0a29d19dfa1">Re: Walking down the aisle together. Music?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I knew there was a reason I never enter these chats.
    Posted by trgibson[/QUOTE]

Don't be so dramatic.  People are just trying to help you.
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Options
    aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_walking-down-isle-together-music?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:10Discussion:ed7c647e-42e0-459f-b416-230097cce368Post:af20e6f4-1e46-435c-af91-b0a29d19dfa1">Re: Walking down the aisle together. Music?</a>:

why's that?

I appreciate when people catch my spelling errors...I was 1 spelling bee away from the scripts howard nationals in DC in the 4th grade!  I have a spelling reputation to uphold.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_walking-down-isle-together-music?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:ed7c647e-42e0-459f-b416-230097cce368Post:af20e6f4-1e46-435c-af91-b0a29d19dfa1">Re: Walking down the aisle together. Music?</a>:
    Oh come on! And I gave you lots of good suggestions too :P
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_walking-down-isle-together-music?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:ed7c647e-42e0-459f-b416-230097cce368Post:958b4851-2d2f-44d4-9dce-aeda50e2dc17">Walking down the aisle together. Music?</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is my second wedding and we are going to walk down the aisle together.  I was trying to figure out what music to play.  Any suggestions. I was thinking Train - Marry me.

• Options

Yes you did and I appreciate that. 

• Options

The question is more important to me than my spelling and responses to the original question is greatly appreciated.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_walking-down-isle-together-music?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:ed7c647e-42e0-459f-b416-230097cce368Post:0b85ac2d-2b6e-4984-ab02-1a2c77740e66">Re: Walking down the aisle together. Music?</a>:
    [QUOTE]The question is more important to me than my spelling and responses to the original question is greatly appreciated.

Don't take it personally.  There are at least 5 or 6 posts every week with isle instead of aisle so it's kind of a joke around here.

• Options
    And I think Melissa gave you a pretty good breakdown.  You need to decide what style you're going for. It sounds like non-traditional; Marry Me is a nice choice. 

• Options
    It sounds like you picked a song and just wanted confirmation, which is why you didn't get a whole bunch of song suggestions. Music is really personal, so it's be hard to just come up with things you'd like without knowing you. Try Pandora, put in the Train song and' thumbs up' things you like and see what other suggestions it gives you. 
  • Options
    Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    FI and I are processing together to Brandenburg Concerto No. 2 in F, 1st Movement by Bach.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards