Not Engaged Yet

Cheesy or acceptable? (WR)

I've been stuck on a wedding hairstyle. I have a round face, and I'm going to be wearing a veil and blusher.

I was watching Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire and realized that I really like Hermione's hair. Would it be cheesy? Or would it be okay? There's not going to be any other Harry Potter inspired ideas.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Cheesy or acceptable? (WR)

• No one is going to know that was your hair inspiration unless they are intense HP fans (like Elle, Elle would know :) ). So I don't think it's cheesy.

• TK ate my response. Grr...

No one will know that you got your hair inspiration from HP. Maybe someone who is an intense HP fan (like Elle) would know it was similar to her hair but I really doubt it would cross anyone's mind. So no I don't think it's cheesy.

• Yeah, I agree that nobody would notice.  It's a beautiful hairstyle.  I say go for it.
  • I agree with PP's I would have no idea. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yeah, I probably know more about HP than anyone here, and I doubt I would immediately think "Hermione" if I saw that hairstyle on anyone else.

Now, this:

[QUOTE]There's not going to be any other Harry Potter inspired ideas.
    Posted by nyc1210[/QUOTE]

is lame.
  • I've always loved that hairstyle... do it!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_cheesy-or-acceptable-wr?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f2e522de-08ed-4a99-b865-e3ba5904c96dPost:d28a6b25-9df8-4a97-8382-8564f121dfd6">Re: Cheesy or acceptable? (WR)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, I probably know more about HP than anyone here, and I doubt I would immediately think "Hermione" if I saw that hairstyle on anyone else. Now, this: is lame.
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

Trust me. I wanted to. FI said he'd agree if we had star wars incorporated. I'm not a fan though. So, I am sneaking this one in. Haha!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_cheesy-or-acceptable-wr?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f2e522de-08ed-4a99-b865-e3ba5904c96dPost:a7a402b3-6973-4f56-879b-c70ec4a1d7df">Re: Cheesy or acceptable? (WR)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cheesy or acceptable? (WR) : Trust me. I wanted to. FI said he'd agree if we had star wars incorporated. I'm not a fan though. So, I am sneaking this one in. Haha!
    Posted by nyc1210[/QUOTE]

Haha.  I'm kind of making a game out of seeing how many little HP touches I can sneak in without FI noticing.  If I had it my way, my BMs would be wearing Hermione's Yule Ball dress.  :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_cheesy-or-acceptable-wr?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f2e522de-08ed-4a99-b865-e3ba5904c96dPost:85259dfb-076c-4dd1-9ee7-2c8223733998">Re: Cheesy or acceptable? (WR)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cheesy or acceptable? (WR) : Haha.  I'm kind of making a game out of seeing how many little HP touches I can sneak in without FI noticing.  <strong>If I had it my way, my BMs would be wearing Hermione's Yule Ball dress.  :)</strong>
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

<div>Why can't you? Obviously you can't have the exact dress, but you could totally do something similar. I think it would be awesome.</div>
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Do it!!  I loved her hair in GOF.
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards