Not Engaged Yet
Options

reality check

Ugh. I hate having to remind myself that just because we've discussed marriage, including the when and where, doesn't mean he's asked me and I've accepted. Though, it's nice to know that we at least agree on the the when and where. :)

Yeah, it's one of those mornings.

Hope everyone else is having a great Friday!

"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"

Re: reality check

• Options
    becunning2becunning2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey, you agree that one day you'll get married.  Enjoy that--but enjoy your relationship as it is too, especially knowing that you two are on the same page.

• Options
    edited December 2011

We've all had those moments OP. I once vented to BF that it was stressful for me knowing that he had the ring...but had been sitting on it for months. He looked at me and said "well what to you want me to do? Go get it and propose right now?" Well...no. That's not what I wanted at all.

Since then i've kept my big mouth shut. I am in love with a man who fully intends to marry me. Isn't that wonderful? Why should I stress over a ring and a wedding when we are so happy right now? Since that day i've limited my BSC moments to my journal. I don't talk about it much with friends and I don't bring it up to BF. Whenever it happens I will be surprised, giddy, emotional and happy...and I wouldn't want it any other way.  

• Options
    msuprincess04msuprincess04 member
    5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011

We've been able to keep our parents at bay because we said "we'll see what happens in Mexico." Well, our trip is next week! And, because I know him and I am pretty sure he's not ready, I don't actually expect anything. It's just weird that it's right there. Staring at me. The excuse we've used for months to avoid the "when you are you getting engaged" conversation that both of our parents have been bothering us with. So, the BSC is starting to come out again.

It was a reality check kind of morning. I love that I can come and vent here. It's nice to know I'm not alone in this. My friends, who are all single, don't get it and really don't want to hear about it. You guys are the best. And, yes, I am very happy with where we are now, even with all the craziness we deal with already!

"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    When it comes to people asking, I just tell them that I'll let them know as soon as we're engaged. That's all they really need to know.

ETA: and it is nice to have somewhere to come and talk with other gals about this stuff. Everyone here is great about keeping me from dwelling on an engagement. We have so many fun conversations that are not WR. Dive in and join us on the board for more of that stuff too!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I totally get how you feel as well.  I try to enjoy the now as much as possible and try not to wish my life away, by hoping for the next big step.  I try to keep sane by knowing my search is now over, no more bad dates, or signing up for match.com
    lol

I had a wierd week too where I was kind of getting insecure about things for no random reason and letting my mind wander.  everyone on here is great and is a nice place to come for so many reasons.

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards