Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

MUSIC HELP!!!

I am having a close friend and cousin preform a song at the beginning of the ceremony before my fiance or groomsmen come in, just to kind of signal the start of the ceremony.... the problem is, i can't think of a song!!! i know I want them to sing, he plays acoustic guitar, and she would sing. We are a little more into country, but love all types of music!

Thanks!

*Soon to be Mrs. Horne*

Re: MUSIC HELP!!!

• What are some of your favorite songs?  What is a runner-up for your first dance song?  What is the style they like to sing?
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
  • he mainly sings acoustic contemporary, she has sang Taylor Swift, Carrie Underwood.... Miley Cyrus in a talent show, they are kind of all over the place.
    *Soon to be Mrs. Horne*
  • My suggestion: find a song, country or otherwise, that has one line (or more than one) that really speaks about your relationship. Since you get to choose the song, you should take the opportunity to make it personal. like... 'brown-eyed girl" would work for a brown-eyed bride, or "save the last dance" if the bride and groom's first date was a dance.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • that's really tricky.  I can't think of a song that would be fitting and short enough to not seem weird or out of place, but I will keep an ear out
  • Exactly, i didnt want a 6 min long song there. Because it is basically just to signal the start of the ceremony. We were looking for something more country but love acoustic, and praise/worship songs too

*Soon to be Mrs. Horne*
  • Have you tried searching "wedding music" in google or yahoo?  I found tons of ideas there.  The best idea is from West Side Story-One hand one heart, you can listen to it on youtube, its beautiful.  I am walking down the aisle to it.  I also chose Dannys Song as the song before the ceremony, we're changing some of the words around but I love the chorus "even though we aint got money..."
  • Here are some that I love and they could always just do a verse or two and not the entire song:

I Cross My Heart" by George Strait
    "It's Your Love" with Tim McGraw and Faith Hill
    "Because You Love Me" by Jo Dee Messina
    "From This Moment On" by Shania Twain and Brian White
    "I Could Not Ask for Anything More" by Sara Evans
    When Love Finds You" by Vince Gill

image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Mommy 3 Months Old image Tristan 3 Months Old Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards