Not Engaged Yet

AW: A place to live!

So after I posted in the rant thread a few days ago, I got a call from student housing saying that they had another 1 bedroom available and that I was being given priority due to the mistake! I have paid first & deposit, so they can't take it away again now! The best thing is that it used to be a faculty apartment, so it has a dishwasher AND a washer/dryer in the unit!!!!!! (sorry, dishes are my least favourite chore, and I hate lugging laundry to a laundromat and sharing a machine)

If you missed the other thread: After being told for months that I didn't stand a chance of having on campus housing, I got an email that there was a unit available and I had 24 hours to respond. I responded by the end of the first hour that I wanted it, and got really excited. A few hours later I got an email saying they were sorry for the mistake, but there was no apartment available.
Canada Cat Pictures, Images and Photos

Re: AW: A place to live!

• marleylikeairmarleylikeair member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wahoo! Does your BF get to live in said student housing with you? 

BIG YAY for laundry and dishwashing capabilities.
  • IrishDreamerIrishDreamer member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Wahoo!!! That's awesome! :):):)
  • SopChickSopChick member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_aw-place-live?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f7cd0274-823a-4218-84b3-15b79dba4dc5Post:e8c83d09-b0f2-4d7b-bc5b-e232dc9269a2">Re: AW: A place to live!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wahoo! Does your BF get to live in said student housing with you?  BIG YAY for laundry and dishwashing capabilities.
    Posted by marleylikeair[/QUOTE]
    He does! It's student family housing, but the type of unit is for couples with no children. :)
  • elanniselannis member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!! I'm glad everything worked out! :)
    -Ely

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • MLekathLEENMLekathLEEN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's awesome!! You'll be like Cory and Topanga. I bet you're glad you missed out on the dirt unit. Washer/dryer and dishwasher sounds awesome.
  • marleylikeairmarleylikeair member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_aw-place-live?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f7cd0274-823a-4218-84b3-15b79dba4dc5Post:366aad7a-7c22-429a-b865-cdfc6ad1df9d">Re: AW: A place to live!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AW: A place to live! : He does! It's student family housing, but the type of unit is for couples with no children. :)
    Posted by SopChick[/QUOTE]

<div>Awesome! So happy for you! :)</div>
  • ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    That is awesome!  Congrats! <3
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• AudgiePodgeAudgiePodge member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Ooooh, nice!
    I'm not good at feelings.

• sparkles88sparkles88 member
    edited December 2011
    That's wonderful! Having a washer and dryer in the apartment is the best!
  • SopChickSopChick member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! Now I just have to finish the packing... how did we get so much stuff?!
  • edited December 2011
    Yay!! I'm so glad you managed to get a place finally.  :D
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    That's awesome!
    5/27/12
  • kellyt89kellyt89 member
    edited December 2011
    Yay this is awesome! I'm so jealous you have a washer/dryer! All I have to do is lug my clothes down a flight of stairs and I still hate it!

I was also baffled by the amount of stuff I have when I moved out of my old apartment into my current.
    And if the stormy weather came...I'd just kiss you in the rain... Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • tafft1tafft1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so glad things worked out for you ! Such great news ! I will miss having a washer and dryer in our place but definitely enjoy it and i too loooove the boy meets world reference. i miss that show !

And don't get me started on "how did we accumulate this much stuff" thing , hah. i just started re organizing and deciding what to toss out , what to donate and what to pack to the new place and theres just way too much lol :)
    Photobucket Anniversary www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • edited December 2011
    HURRAY!!!!!!!!!! SO exciting, I wish I had a washer/ dryer in unit!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards