Not Engaged Yet
Options

Are you happy?

I love this graphic that I saw on FB today...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
Still here and still fabulous!

Re: Are you happy?

• Options
    csousa1csousa1 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Haha, I love that.

Yes, I am overall happy. I am not completely fulfilled by my career, and would like to change that one day, but for now I am content. I am nagged every so often in the back of my mind that at my age I should be getting engaged/married/pregnant soon, but I tell that voice to shut up and I feel better.

I have moments of thinking my apartment should look a certain way, I should be a certain weight, or BF and I should do certain things, and sometimes that makes me sad or stressed. If it lingers, I do something about it and affect a change. If it is silly, I brush it off to the best of my ability.

There are enough rules in the world without me placing more on myself.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_happy-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:fabf3040-6f44-482c-9619-2a4c5940acb3Post:76d8456f-920f-41c7-8c1d-426ccd1f9610">Re: Are you happy?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Haha, I love that. Yes, I am overall happy. I am not completely fulfilled by my career, and would like to change that one day, but for now I am content. I am nagged every so often in the back of my mind that at my age I should be getting engaged/married/pregnant soon, but I tell that voice to shut up and I feel better.<strong> I have moments of thinking my apartment should look a certain way, I should be a certain weight, or BF and I should do certain things, and sometimes that makes me sad or stressed. If it lingers, I do something about it and affect a change. If it is silly, I brush it off to the best of my ability. There are enough rules in the world without me placing more on myself.
    </strong>Posted by csousa1[/QUOTE]

I like this :). Making apartment changes this weekend.
    Rampaging bears are the answer to all of our cultural missteps
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Is there a link for said graphic?

And yes.  I've never been happier.  I am truly happier every single day.  It amazes me. 

(That is not to say that I don't have crappy days, but overall I am happier.)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    cu97tigercu97tiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Does this link work for you? www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150759086830551&set=a.478453395550.385890.460305775550&type=1&theater" target="_blank">CLICK ME
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks you!  Thinking some people on my feed need a little reminder of this. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Love it! And yes I am very happy. Honestly since I met BF I have been in the happiest state of my life thus far and every day that I wake up next to him makes me happier. Its not just him but everything we've accomplished together and everything we plan to accomplish. Its amazing and I am truly happy!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    marleylikeairmarleylikeair member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is a nice reminder, Tiger, thanks for posting!

Happiness is something I'm actually working on. BF has really inspired me to do so. A lightbulb went off in my head when one day, he said, "It takes work to be happy."

I grew up in a very unhappy home and had no idea until recently how to pursue happiness, or even that it was possible for me.

Am I happy? I can honestly say "yes" now, but a couple years ago I couldn't have. There's more work to be done, and I'm doing it through sheer willpower, therapy, and the knowledge that the happier I am, the happier BF is and the happier we'll be together.
  • Options
    DanieKADanieKA member
    edited December 2011
    I think I'm overall happier now that I was through much of my 20s. I don't really count my teenage years, which were happy and idyllic, but not a point in life I want to measure as part of "happy or not." I dunno why, I guess I just want to isolate it to adulthood where I have more control over my choices and actions and personal wellbeing. I could definitely find more career satisfaction, but I am happy. And thank goodness, because for a while there it was rough. 

This was great!
  • Options
    chipmunk828chipmunk828 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love this!! Sometimes it is easy to get caught up in everything going wrong in life and occasionally, I need a reminder that says I am in charge of my life.. not everyone else!

And yes... I am actually very happy with my life right now. A little stressed since school just started and graduation and "real life" are looming, but I am definitely happy!
  • Options
    ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

I am overall happy.  I have weeks when I am unhappy, but I think that stems from stress and not knowing what will happen in life.  Overall my life is pretty great.  I just tend to be depressive. :/ Which is no one’s fault but my own and I am working on that.

"Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    edited December 2011
    lol that is great.  Overall I am the happiest I have ever been in my life. Temporarily unhappy b/c of stupid irene delaying my vacation

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    That was the question I asked my ex-FI right before I broke things off with him. I wasn't happy in the relationship, and we were driving home one day, and I turned to him and asked if he was happy. His response was today? or like in general? And I said in general. And he said no. I took off the ring and told him I wanted us to both be happy.

My FI knows this story, and the other day I asked if he was happy (I meant with his current situation) and he got all nervous that I was asking on a deeper level. Poor guy :)
    ~~December 3, 2011~~
  • Options
    KatyRoseMKatyRoseM member
    edited December 2011
    I'm not that happy no.  And I don't like the image either.  Its not that simple.  I want to get a job and that will reduce my stress (money issues and feeling like a failure).  I'm working on this, but its not that easy and I hate when people act like it is.  Sorry, end rant.
  • Options
    desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_happy-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:fabf3040-6f44-482c-9619-2a4c5940acb3Post:db1f2117-1d80-4645-b041-648854387f5e">Re: Are you happy?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm not that happy no.  And I don't like the image either.  Its not that simple.  I want to get a job and that will reduce my stress (money issues and feeling like a failure).  I'm working on this, but its not that easy and I hate when people act like it is.  Sorry, end rant.
    Posted by KatyRoseM[/QUOTE]

<div>Sorry, I DO think it is that simple. Happiness can be a hug from your husband. Finding a new job posting you're excited about. A moment of sunshine. A good meal. A smile from a stranger.</div><div>
    </div><div>Do you have a husband who loves you? Do you have a bed to sleep in at night and food to eat?</div><div>
    </div><div>Be grateful and enjoy those things instead of focusing on not having a job.</div><div>
    </div><div>Yeah, we're all allowed to vent/rant when we need to. We're allowed to have moments where we feel really sad/depressed/angry/whatever. I get that it must be hard to be looking for work and I wish you luck in your job hunt.</div><div>
    </div><div>But I truly believe happiness is an attitude thing. For me, I have a belief/attitude that happiness is NOT a persistent state. It is fleeting moments in time, and you have to look for it, and savor every second when you find it. Happy people choose to be happy b/c they choose to stay on the lookout for those moments. They choose to focus on those moments instead of drowning in negativity.They feel more happiness b/c they consciously seek it out. I think this kind of attitude brings me amazing strength during those hard times.</div><div>
    </div><div>Happiness IS a choice. I believe that with every part of me.</div><div>
    </div>
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    kellyt89kellyt89 member
    edited December 2011
    I definitely think happiness is a state of mind - seeing the good things and being willing to work on the bad. Even if I have a terrible day, I try to be grateful for all the blessings I have in my life. Then I work on whatever I need to work on to make it a better day. I've gotten a lot better over the past 2 years about being more proactive about my happiness though. Right now, I know I need to change something but I'm still trying to figure out what will help. 

So, I'd say I'm 50/50 right now. I'm *extremely* happy in my relationship, I have some really wonderful friends (even though a bunch of them are far away now, boo) and things are a LOT better on the lonliness front now that my roommate moved in, yay! I also put in my 2 weeks notice on my job *does happy dance.*

I have depression so I tend to ruminate on things that I'm unhappy about - like my a bad voice lesson, my job, missing the BF - or things I'm worried/stressed out about - my recital, student teaching, what the heck I'm going to do once I graduate.
    And if the stormy weather came...I'd just kiss you in the rain... Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards