Not Engaged Yet

What a f*cking day...

My day has been like working for a port-o-potty company - I've just got sh*t thrown at me all day.

katann, noticed your comment over at BSC...sounds like you're having one of those days too?

So ladies, belly up to the NEY bar and spill it - what's your vent for the day, and what are you drinking?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"Oceana swings from logical to anus punching." - Buttons

Planning / Married / Blog

Re: What a f*cking day...

• loopy82loopy82 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My mother! As it has been stated in my other thread. I don't want and never have wanted a freakin arbor/columns. Grr! I will be partaking in either some white wine or some captain coke after work this afternoon. I can't wait!!!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm leaving for work in a little while. blaaaaaaaaaaaaah
    image image image image 
    "but you're SO FUNNY, button! you're so funny i kind of want to crawl into your skin and wear it as my own. " - NarwhalYou, my dear, are the Queen of the Beebees. Here's a tiara - Oceana 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    My vent for the day (today is my b-day) so I went to the secretary of states office to renew my license and get tags for my car. While waiting in line I saw the list of acceptable methods of payment. Visa wasn't one of them so I had to go home and get my checkbook. Luckily the new apt is literally a block away. I got back and they were TWO numbers past my spot in line so I had to get a new number and wait all over again. Then I got to the counter and she said my total due was $18. I thought that sounded too low so I said "Does that include my tags?" She said "No, she didn't know I needed them."  I wanted to say "It's my f-ing bday. Duh, yes I need them." but managed to hold my tongue. She said she needed to see my proof of insurance and registration. %&%$#@!!!! I had to go out to my car to get it. Luckily she waited for me to come back. $109 later...here I am. Then traffic on the way back to work was a nightmare. There's road construction everywhere you turn. 

Still, BF sent me a dozen roses for my b-day...they are helping me not want to scream. &*^%$! I need a workout!
  • edited December 2011
    My vent for the day: I've been in the hospital since 9, people aren't freaking doing their jobs, and my grandma (she has dementia, so she really isn't just a jerk) who i've been here all day long for is being really mean to me and it's starting to really get under my skin.  It's like 30 below in here, my nose is about to fall off, and I really would like to take a nap.

and. I'm not drinking anything because my coke can ran dry about 30 minutes ago. :(
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    My day hasn't been horrible, but bordering on very annoying. 

#1 - I woke up earlier than normal in order to get to the farm to volunteer.  I lug my pregnant butt out to the farm and the class that was supposed to have their field trip cancelled. 

#2 - I figure this means I can take a nap.  Nope.  Street crews are working on our street. 

#3 - My printer hates me.  Last week, it wouldn't scan.  Now, it won't print.  I've uninstalled it and reinstalled it 3 f-ing times today.  I need to print my signs for this weekend and do not want to buy a new printer.  Grrrr.

#4 - DH is in Paso Robles for the day so he won't be home in time for dinner and I really don't want to make anything.  Blah.

At least the mutts are being sweeties.  Plus Glee is on tonight.   
  • edited December 2011
    I was swamped at work and had no time to do my homework. I lost the disk for my windows7 and my computer is telling me that I need it for the product key. My dad lost all the pictures on his cell phone and it's going to kill him when I tell him there's probably nothing I can do.

On the upside, I finally put my photos on my computer and I get to wear jeans to work Thursday and Friday..yay.
    imageimageimageimage
  • katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. I had a doctor's appointment today. And it was fine, but takes forever to get through the whole process. Also, I was supposed to get a bunch of bloodwork done but I didn't know I need to fast for 12 hours beforehand. Sigh. Now I have to go back tomorrow.

2. I have bum surgery #2 on Thursday. So not looking forward to it. I've got my vicodin prepped to go.

3. FI really hates his job and wants to leave. You know what I mean by when he's hurting, I'm hurting?

4. I'm breaking out like a teenager. Very unusual for me.
  • edited December 2011
    I'll take a mojito, please.

(Fair warning, #1 is possibly a bit TMI...)

1.) I'm on continuous BC in order to keep my endo symptoms at bay. I'm on automatic refill with my local pharmacy and pick it up on the same day every month. Usually, when my doctor's approval/renewal is needed, they call them a few days in advance and get it before I need the scrip. Yeah, not this month. I'm now three days past when I should have started a new pack, and the doctor's office still hasn't given the pharmacy permission to fill, despite repeated calls from the pharm and from myself. Even if it gets filled tonight, it's too late to start a new pack without seriously screwing up my body. So, it looks like I get to have a cycle this month, which means by Friday, I'll be wanting to rip my uterus out with a butcher knife.

2.) I just found out that I should reasonably anticipate taking at least four years to complete my Ph.D., instead of the original three I had intended on. While I want my dissertation to be done properly and be solid, I also don't want the additional debt that comes along with another year of Ph.D. tuition. I'll already be close to $100K in the hole by the time I graduate. Thank God for income based repayment plan/loan forgiveness program or I'd be royally f*ed come repayment time. Not to mention, if FI takes a Ph.D. position outside of the SoFLa area, that means we'll be having a LD marriage for the entire first year of our marriage. Frown

3) Also found out that I have to take a week off for comp exams, plus need to anticipate at least one additional trip to Austria for research, meaning that week of vacation time that I was planning on using for a honeymoon next fall has magically disappeared. I'm really not looking forward to breaking that one to the FI.

4) I'm coming down with something pretty wretched. Have been achy, with a headache and sore throat, for two days now. I'm praying it's not mono again...after a pretty brutal first case of mono in '06 (they threatened to hospitalize me), I've had it reoccur twice during periods of high stress. Yep, that would be rightnow.

5) This depression sh*t sucks. I can't get motivated to do anything. It's a struggle to get myself into the lab because I'm so tired and I feel so crappy all the time. I haven't seen a gym in weeks, which makes me feel even better. BLAHHHHHHS all around.

Yeah, I know. I'm practically throwing myself a pity party at the moment. But it's my party and I'll cry if I want to. :P

One little glimmer in all this blah-yness? ricky let it slip at the bar the other night that FI had bought us season passes for Disneyworld for my birthday (she thought he had already told me). :grin:: Already planning a weekend up there in September...that's probably the light at the end of the tunnel at the moment.

• edited December 2011
    Awwwww, katanne....I'll be saying lots of prayers and sending you happy thoughts on Thursday :(

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    *Hangs up streamers and blows up balloons for Oceana's pity party.

Can I join? Big hugs all around. I'm sorry girlie. : ( It seems like you've got a lot of rough stuff to figure out. Take it easy and take care of yourself.
  • hetshuphetshup member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mutley, I hereby invite him to my parents house for dinner. I'll let my mom know.

Everyone feel better! Hugs all around, I can make cookies!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Well...for once this year I don't have anything to complain about other than the fact that its currently snowing....

Oceana- I know how it feels when it doesn't seem like you can finish your degree when you want to...I am trying to finish my PhD in 3 years but my whole committee thinks Im crazy and just brushes it off. My BF wants to get married while I am still in school which is fine with me but that also means about a year of a LD marriage...hopefully everything works out for you! Thats the hard part about science...it never wants to run on schedule
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Simply rant: I really HATE my job. I wake up every weekday morning with zero motivation. I am so close to an offer on a new job that is really in line with my career goals that I can taste it! Which makes me nervous it won't happen :(

I also am too busy to make it to the gym today and I always feel horrible when I plan to go and then don't.

My problems are tiny compared to some of yours, but misery loves company. I offer big hugs too and hope for the best - I always like to think things happen for a reason and work themselves out in the end (for good people that is!).
  • Ana_2985Ana_2985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oceana- sorry about everything.  I'm with you on #'s 2, 4 and 5.  I'll be bringing some white wine to the party.  And some pomegranate margaritas as a back-up.

So it's true that you can have recurring symptoms of mono?  I feel like that every now and then but I didn't know if that was really what it could be.  I starting feeling terrible last week and my eyes and face were swollen like they were when I had mono.  Is there anything you can do about it?
  • edited December 2011
    ..I also just got two emails from a kid asking what to expect on the final exam that was scheduled last Friday for everyone else. Did I mention that he also sent a mass email on Saturday? Did I also mention it took me 2 hours to anwser 36 questions and I'm about 70% sure I failed the exam.course..Good job hitting a sore spot arsehole.
    I'm also getting chubbier by the second and realized today that I do not want to exercise or change my eating habits..I'm doomed unless I get some real motivation.

On the upside.. Cheer up Charlies :)
    I know things are rough but it will always work out. Just take it one day at a time otherwise you will drive yourself crazy with what-ifs. I know it's tough but try not to worry about things that are out of your control and look at the positives goin on in your life, even if their 1/10 of the size of the bad.

or..take a look at my puppy! (AW threadjacking time!!) Everyone likes cute puppies :)

imageimageimageimage
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't feel like making a new thread...

has anyone been reading the Knot Post Secret??

http://theknotpostsecret.tumblr.com/

• edited December 2011
    I have been! I wonder how many are real and how many are made up, though.
    Anniversary
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto. Who knows.
  • zaneopalzaneopal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Today has been mixed for me.

Annoying things:
    1. My roommates have left baked goods all over the kitchen for days. There is literally no counter space, and they've even piled stuff on the stove and in the microwave. I do not know what they are baking so much for. Today they finally moved stuff--so they could bake more. There better be a bake sale of epic proportions TONIGHT, because I am effing tired of not being able to cook. I had fritos for dinner last night and I'm already getting stabby from being hungry. I do not have money to buy fast food every night like they do, nor should I be doing so (and neither should they, to be frank)

2. They also had a party Saturday night, when I wasn't home. Which I don't care about; I wasn't here to be in trouble for getting 18 year olds wasted. But I'm a little annoyed that they haven't bothered to put the apartment back together. Um hi, I'm moving. Get the beerpong table off of my kitchen table NOW kthnx.

Good Stuff (I need to AW to someone because the roommates are too busy baking):

1. I got an academic achievement scholarship for my Med Tech internship! Woo! It covers all my tuition, my books and my manuals.

2. Today was the last day of the class I TA, and my students were doing presentations. At the last slide of one of the presentations, there was a little mortarboard in the corner with the words "Congrats Zane!" written below it. I have sweet students.
  • rickylee244rickylee244 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_fcking-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:faded309-eef0-48fe-9352-01f4ec0f5f13Post:e05cf768-fa73-4e2c-b3f3-259f3944912a">Re: What a f*cking day...</a>:
    [QUOTE] One little glimmer in all this blah-yness? ricky let it slip at the bar the other night that FI had bought us season passes for Disneyworld for my birthday (she thought he had already told me). ::grin:: Already planning a weekend up there in September...that's probably the light at the end of the tunnel at the moment.
    Posted by oceana919[/QUOTE]

This was an accident!!!! I got bad information from an unreliable source (DH).  I have one solution for your #1 - and you know the way to my freezer.

Just had a landshark after another unpreductive day in the lab.  Where I got zero done but spent half the day checking in undergrads to chemistry labs and yelling at all the late ones. 

My number one stress is this trip including my OCD induced spreadsheets of what we plan on doing with directions to/cost of/times and days open.  Plus I absolutely hate packing because I feel the need to try everything then fold by days (this also includes a list).  2 suitcases for one week! Thank god for a trip!
    Photobucket Visit The Nest! Photobucket
  • desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Okay, put me in the kitchen. I'm making y'all cookies and whatever drinks you want! Big hugs all around!  We'll make it through together. Love you girls! Kiss
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh my goodness! I'm sorry (almost) everyone is having a rough day! A round of margaritas and hugs for you all!!

And yes I've been reading the Knot secret things.  I'm also wondering what is real and what is not.  Some make me really sad:(

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_fcking-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:faded309-eef0-48fe-9352-01f4ec0f5f13Post:61122d6c-996a-47de-804e-7c705e0c8ddf">Re: What a f*cking day...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't feel like making a new thread... has anyone been reading the Knot Post Secret?? <a href="http://theknotpostsecret.tumblr.com/" rel="nofollow">http://theknotpostsecret.tumblr.com/</a>
    Posted by katanne9[/QUOTE]

Yes, very interesting. All the cheating ones make me really sad and mad at the same time. I will never understand why people get married if they are cheating.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • rickylee244rickylee244 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh and to add to the annoyance factor: Just asked DH if the Dr. called today about my appointment that I thought was tomorrow.  He says yes, then looks at the caller ID - No they called yesterday and I missed my appointment that was THIS morning grrr
    Photobucket Visit The Nest! Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    ricky - do you want me to call up your DH and yell at him for you? lol

...and don't feel bad - your little slip is seriously making a rather nasty week somewhat bearable.

chipy - working in science is a b*tch, isn't it? We had originally planned it out so that FI would finish his masters around the same time I finished my Ph.D., and we could go wherever he got in for his Ph.D. Now, there's going to be at least several months, if not a year, gap there. He's already mentioned putting off starting a Ph.D. program in order to stay together (both for emotional and financial reasons), but I don't want him to do that. ::sigh:: We'll just have to wait and see, and hope he gets into a program nearby.

zane - I feel you on the not wanting to cook. I promised FI a week of new recipes, as it's been a while since I've been up to cooking and I was hoping maybe getting back in the kitchen would make me feel better. Today was so wretched, and I felt so crappy, last thing I wanted to do was cook. Came home and told FI I was too tired to cook and burst into tears...lol. We ended up eating Subway and mac & cheese. Homemade steak fajitas on hold until tomorrow.

ana - Anytime you want to come over with those pomegranite margaritas, you say the word and I'll text you directions to our house, lol.

Yes, you can have mono more than once. According to my physician, it was an old myth that you could only get it once. Mono is like chicken pox - once you have it, you carry the dormant virus around in your system forever. Some people never have mono again. Other people can have it reoccur during periods of high stress or otherwised compromised immune system. I've had it three times - 2003, 2005, and 2007. The last two times were literally like clockwork - immediately following a prolonged period of high stress, as soon as things started calming down, I'd get nailed with it. Given everything going on with me right now, I wouldn't be surprised if I am coming down with it again. All the same symptoms - sore throat, chills, headache, aches and pains, exhaustion, decreased appetite. No more making out with ricky, I guess.

• edited December 2011
    I'm certain that I've had mono at least twice.  I remember I went to the doctor and told them point blank that I have mono again. All the symptoms were exactly the same, but he said I can't get it twice and told me I had a head cold.  Worst head cold I've ever had. *shakes fist*

I've never felt the same since I got mono the first time.  My energy level has never gotten back up to where it should be.

Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_fcking-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:faded309-eef0-48fe-9352-01f4ec0f5f13Post:ca11beb0-a5e6-4c45-989f-48cefb351200">Re: What a f*cking day...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm certain that I've had mono at least twice.  I remember I went to the doctor and told them point blank that I have mono again. All the symptoms were exactly the same, but he said I can't get it twice and told me I had a head cold.  Worst head cold I've ever had. *shakes fist* I've never felt the same since I got mono the first time.  My energy level has never gotten back up to where it should be.
    Posted by Narwhal[/QUOTE]

Yeah, an emergency room doc told me that once. I've had two different doctors in recent years tell me that it's an older myth and the newer research is finding that certain people can have it more than once. Given that your symptoms were identical (as were mine), I would say you had it twice.

I second you on the energy levels...my doc had to give me B12 shots for a while after mono, I was so tired all the time. I could still easily sleep 12-14 hours at a time if you let me.

• Ana_2985Ana_2985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Interesting.  Thanks for the info.  Maybe that explains why I get sick every year after finals week.  And ditto on the energy.  I need A LOT of sleep to feel really good.
  • edited December 2011
    rickyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy I think I need somoa ice creammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

• edited December 2011
    I skipped all the responses in my need to vent but I will go back and read.

I have a huge pimple.  I don't get it.  I never get pimpled.

I'm so stressed out about a lot of scheduling crap and feel like my life is pretty much mapped out for the next three months.
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards