Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Having a friend that's online-certified marry us -- How in Allegheny County?

Hi everyone!

My friend that is a DJ from Ocean City is licensed to perform wedding ceremonies. He is going to perform both our ceremony, then be our MC/DJ for the reception. Such a great guy to do that for us.

Anyway, we are having issues making sure that if he performs the ceremony, that it will be legal. He got his license online, so not through an accredited church or anything. Information that I am finding is that he needs to be affiliated with a church for Allegheny County to recognize it. The other thing that someone has suggested is that when we go for the marriage certificate, do the "self-uniting" license. 

I'm really confused, and being the only one that has chosen not to get married through the church, we don't know where to begin.

Surely someone out there has done this and can point me in the right direction.

Any and all help is GREATLY appreciated!!

Thanks all and have a happy day :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards