Not Engaged Yet
Options

Life is so fast at this age...

I've been thinking... life happens so fast at our age.

In a matter of months I meet that person... and am getting married within 21 months of our first date. We want to be pregnant when we hit 2 years. This is all happening in the same amount of time it took me to give up looking for that perfect man.

WOW.

Does anyone else think about how fast life goes during this stage? Does it blow your mind?
www.nurseyk.weebly.com

Re: Life is so fast at this age...

• Options
    Yep. 3 years ago I had 0 interest in getting married for a LONG time...and within 3 years I bought a condo, a business, am getting married, etc. I have 0 interest in babies for a LONG time..and I'm pretty positive I'll stick to that one.
    5/27/12
  • Options
    Remind me to punch you in the face when we finally meet IRL.

After I give you one of those tacklehugs we're all famous for.
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I guess in hindsight everything has gone really fast. 

BF and I started dating when I was 15 and he was 16. He turned 21 two weeks ago and I turn 20 in two days but it feels like it's only been a year or two! 

I always think about how much we have changed, grown (he actually went from being 5'3'' to 5'11'' in the time we've been together... lol) and matured. It blows my mind to think that he'll be graduating in less than two years from college when it seems like his high school graduation was yesterday.

• Options
    lunarsongbirdlunarsongbird member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    True that.

Let's see...I met Andrew in June 2010. Moved in with him 6 months later. A year after we meet we move to Colorado together. Less then 6 months after that- we're engaged and own a beautiful home.

And we'll be married a year after we got engaged.... Yup. Kinda crazy. And yes- we'd like to begin TTC on our one year wedding anniversary.

It's like we are living in hyperspeed.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_life-fast-this-age?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:fc1189e5-cb05-45db-adce-30e8496cdceaPost:e8b5c891-5e34-4153-a9dc-0ecd971e4956">Re: Life is so fast at this age...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Remind me to punch you in the face when we finally meet IRL. After I give you one of those tacklehugs we're all famous for.
    Posted by peekaboo2011[/QUOTE]

Not unless my tackle hug takes out your face-punching-arm!!

I thought it was sweet enough to share with everyone, even though I we were just talking about that. :)
    www.nurseyk.weebly.com
  • Options
    I agree that life feels like it's going so fast. Meaning that every single year goes by faster and faster, but I don't feel like I'm moving very quickly at all. FI and I were together for 2 years before he proposed, and we'll be married around our 3rd anniversary. We're also selfishly waiting to TTC until August 2013 which is when we are planning a 2-3 week trip to Europe!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_life-fast-this-age?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:fc1189e5-cb05-45db-adce-30e8496cdceaPost:02b1e144-e976-45e7-b076-9b81f0bfb09b">Re: Life is so fast at this age...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yep. 3 years ago I had 0 interest in getting married for a LONG time...and within 3 years I bought a condo, a business, am getting married, etc. I have 0 interest in babies for a LONG time..and I'm pretty positive I'll stick to that one.
    Posted by jaycee7389[/QUOTE]

So true!!  For me, three years ago I didn't think I would meet anyone worthwhile - EVER!!  I was ok with that because I had such a full life with my friends, family and career.  I didn't even have time to think about getting married.  I remember telling my friends on a girls trip to NYC (including BF's cousin who's a very good friend of mine and is responsible for us meeting!) that I was DONE.  And then, nine months later, the most amazing man popped into my life and everything fell into place.  I didn't even want to have kids before I met him and now I'm sooooo ready to do that when the time is right.  Crazy how things can change in the course of only a couple years.
  • Options

I guess I'm just feeling a little overwhelmed today... nervous... but in a good way.

www.nurseyk.weebly.com
  • Options
    Yaga it is kind of scary how a like we are! Im 25, but he's 27.

However my life is going crazy fast. I finished my first degree in 2007, met FI in 2008, moved in with him in 2009, got a dog and graduated degree #2 in 2010, we got engaged in 2011, not getting married til 2013, would have liked it to be sooner but we want what we want and debt free. We want to get a new house, but like Yaga we are stuck for one more year since the homebuyers tax credit thing. We also want to buy a cabin or a cottage somewhere 2 hours away from home so we can "get away" on weekends.

Also no kids on the horizon for us. We both aren't positive we want that extra responsibility and would rather travel around the world.

• Options
    Nope, not moving fast. Time is certainly flying by, but I'm standing in the same damn place.

That hit me at BFF's wedding. Jon and I had been together almost a year at her "coming out" party, which was her first date with her now wife. And we aren't even engaged yet.

Weird. Mostly because we were the couple that moved fast in the beginning. We've been in what feels like a standstill for 2 years now.  
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_life-fast-this-age?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:fc1189e5-cb05-45db-adce-30e8496cdceaPost:90c5ec20-0e45-48b3-8335-1417124e31c3">Re: Life is so fast at this age...</a>:
    [QUOTE] And we aren't even engaged yet. Weird. Mostly because we were the couple that moved fast in the beginning. We've been in what feels like a standstill for 2 years now.  
    Posted by csousa1[/QUOTE]

I felt this way too. I had so many weddings to go to the last two years and you know what comes with weddings? Bridal showers. Yes I was always that scrouge that didn't want to go bc all my friends were so happy getting married blah blah blah. Well at 3 yrs three months in FI finally popped the question.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_life-fast-this-age?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:fc1189e5-cb05-45db-adce-30e8496cdceaPost:25b9090e-e544-4b47-8fd2-58b53de1d759">Re: Life is so fast at this age...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I guess I'm just feeling a little overwhelmed today... nervous... but in a good way.
    Posted by NurseyK[/QUOTE]

I know how you feel Nursey, I can still remember what it was like to be in my mid 20s.  I think back to when I just moved into the Orange County area and started to attend graduate school and here I am now, engaged getting married and Fi and I just bought a house, adopted a puppy and I turn freaking 30 next year.  OMG where did 3 decades go!  3 count them 3 decades.  Before I know it I'll be pregnant and going through my nesting phase.  I do look forward to little Hapa babies.  But man do I freak out at night when my mind thinks about this at bed time.  It sometimes keeps me up at night.  How fast life has just passed me by.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_life-fast-this-age?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:fc1189e5-cb05-45db-adce-30e8496cdceaPost:a78b5363-fa82-4ed2-a92d-c22218669cf5">Re: Life is so fast at this age...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Life is so fast at this age... : So true!!  For me, three years ago I didn't think I would meet anyone worthwhile - EVER!!  I was ok with that because I had such a full life with my friends, family and career.  I didn't even have time to think about getting married.  I remember telling my friends on a girls trip to NYC (including BF's cousin who's a very good friend of mine and is responsible for us meeting!)<strong> that I was DONE.  And then, nine months later, the most amazing man popped into my life and everything fell into place.</strong>  I didn't even want to have kids before I met him and now I'm sooooo ready to do that when the time is right.  Crazy how things can change in the course of only a couple years.
    Posted by flygirlmeg[/QUOTE]

That happened to me as well! I swear that as soon as I really let go of "looking" for anyone and just trying to have fun I found FI.
  • Options
    Haha. 

This May will mark 4 years since DH and I met.  In that time, we dated, moved in together, got engaged, moved clear across the state, got married, got pregnant, bought a fixer-upper of a house, had a baby, I went back to school, DH switched careers, and now #2 is due in 2 months. 

So yeah...  I understand what you mean. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_life-fast-this-age?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:fc1189e5-cb05-45db-adce-30e8496cdceaPost:90c5ec20-0e45-48b3-8335-1417124e31c3">Re: Life is so fast at this age...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Nope, not moving fast. Time is certainly flying by, but I'm standing in the same damn place. That hit me at BFF's wedding. Jon and I had been together almost a year at her "coming out" party, which was her first date with her now wife. And we aren't even engaged yet. Weird. Mostly because we were the couple that moved fast in the beginning. We've been in what feels like a standstill for 2 years now.  
    Posted by csousa1[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm in the same position right now. Iain and I met and moved in together after only 2 weeks, since then we got 2 more animal babies and bought a house. Now we're just in the same spot, I love him and everything we've done together is amazing, but after moving so quickly it feels so strange to just be at a standstill now. It seems like everyone we know is getting married and having babies so its odd to be the ones not moving forward right now, but I am ok with it. </div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_life-fast-this-age?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:fc1189e5-cb05-45db-adce-30e8496cdceaPost:90c5ec20-0e45-48b3-8335-1417124e31c3">Re: Life is so fast at this age...</a>:
    [QUOTE] Mostly because we were the couple that moved fast in the beginning. We've been in what feels like a standstill for 2 years now.  
    Posted by csousa1[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I feel we're at a standstill now too.  Mainly because financially a wedding just won't happen right now, but its really frustrating sometimes.  

</div>
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I guess life is sort of like a cheap stripper that way.  Just when you've been around it long enough to "know its ways", WHAM, it busts out some crazy shiit.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_life-fast-this-age?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:fc1189e5-cb05-45db-adce-30e8496cdceaPost:9b8b5c7b-31bd-4cbf-a16e-523cd44cfd5f">Re: Life is so fast at this age...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Life is so fast at this age... : Agreed. We met, found a house we both loved, he bought it, and we moved in together within three months. That twas over 2.5 years ago and we're still not engaged. Most of the weddings we have gone to over the last year and a half are people who met and started dating after Mo and I did. 
    Posted by LivLeighton[/QUOTE]

Pretty much this. We've had multiple couples who started dating long after us (or even met long after us) who have gotten both engaged and married... but we've lived with each other since November 2009, moved into our current house in September 2010, bought the house in August of this year... we have an engagement ring but he hasn't proposed. It's actually kind of painful, especially when I hear about so many people who have just breezed right past us. I feel like my life is going nowhere.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah life does go by quick. In a month it'll be me and my BF's two year anniversary although it really doesn't seem like we've been together that long to be honest. And before I met him I was still pining over my no good ex for whatever reason. Then I moved on and decided I wanted to be single and carefree like I was in my fresmhmen year of college. Then I met Colin and next thing I knew I was flying out of the country three months later for the first time to see him. About six months later after that I was planning my first big move to be with him. Then within 5 months I was living with him and we were getting our first apartment together. And next year we'll be engaged while I plan to make my move to his country permanent. Yep, time does fly when you're enjoying life.
    "Love is more than an emotion, it is a verb you must choose to do everyday." Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I also feel like time is flying by but I'm still sitting in the same place. I know I shouldn't feel that way, but I do.

We're past the 2.5 year mark and have lived together for 4 months. I know not to even think about it until after he graduates next summer, but it really does bum me out to see people getting engaged/married who have dated for less time than us. My coworker met her H after BF and I had been together for over a year, were engaged after 6 months and got married a couple months after their 1 year anniversary.

It wouldn't be so bad if people didn't make comments about it to me. Like "when are you getting married" or "do you think he'll ever propose?" I'm like "CHUT UP!"

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards