Not Engaged Yet

discussion: overwhelmed

what makes you feel overwhelmed?

Re: discussion: overwhelmed

• When I have a lot of extra one off bills to pay in a month, like my car insurance that I pay every 6 months or a doctor/dentist bill. 

I get overwhelmed very easily at work sometimes especially when the clients keep calling and if I am the only one on my team.

I get overwhelmed when I am supposed to be in several places as once, I know it's only possible to be once place at a time but I still feel overwhelmed with my schedule and responsbilities and activities.  Even if most time the several places I'm supposed to be at once are all hobbies non work activities.

Anniversary

• ~Budgeting my bills
    ~Piles of dirty laundry that never seems to decrease in size
    ~Wondering if my life will ever go in the direction I've wanted.
  • Oh I also get overwhelmed and nervous a bit when I'm going somewhere to eat whether it's to someone's house or at a restaurant and I don't know if I will be able to eat anything there or not.

Anniversary

• -Buying a house
    -Something breaking in my house and costing me a shlt ton of money to fix (I called my basement "flooded" and there was only a puddle of water in the basement lol)
    -Not having control of situations (ie: flying)
    -The direction of my relationship
    -Thanksgiving (disaster)
    -Not paying off my CC bills (hopefully my income tax return will help pay them off, my total balance is ~$4000)
    -Rude people when I'm nice to them
    -Being pulled in a million directions at work
    -New system at work (this should be number one on my list)
    -What I eat/how I work out.  I get really stressed about that.

I'm sure I'll ETA more as the day progresses lol

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • I get overwhelmed when looking at the "big picture"...  whether it's chores, bills, graduation... 

I get overwhelmed around TOTM when my hormones are crazy and just making a salad seems to be a huge task that I don't know if I can handle.

I get overwhelmed applying for jobs.
  • I feel overwhelmed when I have a ton of things to get done but my schedule never seems to clear up for me to get those things done.

I also feel very overwhelmed today because I have to leave work early to go to the dentist and I know my email is going to pile up while I'm gone those extra couple hours and it's going to give me anxiety.

Good news is that my mother is paying for me to get a tooth that I had a root canal on way back when to get internally bleached because it's discolored from the rest of them so at least my dentist experience will have a positive outcome. She offered to pay because she says that's all she notices in photos haha! Thanks mom! Love you too!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_discussion-overwhelmed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:fc3edce5-3cfd-4f26-ab54-dcab0c16828cPost:ceaca765-597b-42c4-8cdc-cfb484b08aec">Re: discussion: overwhelmed</a>:
    [QUOTE]I feel overwhelmed when I have a ton of things to get done but my schedule never seems to clear up for me to get those things done. I also feel very overwhelmed today because I have to leave work early to go to the dentist and I know my email is going to pile up while I'm gone those extra couple hours and it's going to give me anxiety. Good news is that my mother is paying for me to get a tooth that I had a root canal on way back when to get internally bleached because it's discolored from the rest of them so at least my dentist experience will have a positive outcome. <strong>She offered to pay because she says that's all she notices in photos haha!</strong> Thanks mom! Love you too!
    Posted by mhollister89[/QUOTE]

I have a tooth like that!  I fell on my face when I was six, and the tooth is dead (front tooth).  My mom is a BSC pre planner and said she would pay to have it fixed before my wedding (wtf???) since it will be cheaper than paying for retouching (I really don't get her logic, apparently she's been pricing wedding photographers lol).  It doesn't really bother me.  My old co worker pointed it out one time and we had a running joke about it, that when I left my old job, I took an impression of my teeth I had in my house (don't ask me why).  Painted the front tooth yellow and left it for him.  I have a sick sense of humor.

Oh I can add another to my list: I get overwhelmed when my mother plans my wedding for me.  I don't have a ring on my finger, when I do mom, you go the green light.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • When I think about finishing my Ph.D.
    Thinking about what the hell I'm going to do after I finish.
    A dirty house, especially a sink full of dishes. 
  • - Studying for the LSATs
    - Student loan debt
    - Dealing with family drama
    - My health (well sometimes)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • oh, especially a sink of dirty dishes!  i2i cschiano.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_discussion-overwhelmed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:fc3edce5-3cfd-4f26-ab54-dcab0c16828cPost:86c3257e-5e65-4d58-b648-71df5ad77de7">Re: discussion: overwhelmed</a>:
    [QUOTE]-Buying a house -Something breaking in my house and costing me a shlt ton of money to fix (I called my basement "flooded" and there was only a puddle of water in the basement lol) <strong>-Not having control of situations (ie: flying)</strong> -The direction of my relationship -Thanksgiving (disaster) -Not paying off my CC bills (hopefully my income tax return will help pay them off, my total balance is ~$4000) -Rude people when I'm nice to them -Being pulled in a million directions at work -New system at work (this should be number one on my list) -What I eat/how I work out.  I get really stressed about that. I'm sure I'll ETA more as the day progresses lol
    Posted by buddysmom80[/QUOTE]

And this x 1000.

I hate driving in the car with other people sometimes too because of the lack of control I have.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_discussion-overwhelmed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:fc3edce5-3cfd-4f26-ab54-dcab0c16828cPost:2912e8c7-b0c9-4eb5-8f0e-1d25d4cb6866">Re: discussion: overwhelmed</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: discussion: overwhelmed : I have a tooth like that!  I fell on my face when I was six, and the tooth is dead (front tooth).  My mom is a BSC pre planner and said she would pay to have it fixed before my wedding (wtf???) since it will be cheaper than paying for retouching (I really don't get her logic, apparently she's been pricing wedding photographers lol).  It doesn't really bother me.<strong>  My old co worker pointed it out one time</strong> and we had a running joke about it, that when I left my old job, I took an impression of my teeth I had in my house (don't ask me why).  Painted the front tooth yellow and left it for him.  I have a sick sense of humor. Oh I can add another to my list: I get overwhelmed when my mother plans my wedding for me.  I don't have a ring on my finger, when I do mom, you go the green light.
    Posted by buddysmom80[/QUOTE]

That's awful that your coworker pointed that out! That's good you can laugh about it though. That would have been hilarious though if you left that impression for him. No one besides my mom and my younger sister have pointed out my tooth unless I said something about it. My mom says it's more noticeable in pictures so she is concerned that I'll be self conscience if it becomes darker and more noticeable. I personally haven't noticed it a whole lot except in pictures sometimes but if she is willing to pay for it then by all means... let's do it haha.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_discussion-overwhelmed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:fc3edce5-3cfd-4f26-ab54-dcab0c16828cPost:d0b95fed-ba7d-4671-93e7-d8b4673cf58e">Re: discussion: overwhelmed</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: discussion: overwhelmed : That's awful that your coworker pointed that out! That's good you can laugh about it though. That would have been hilarious though if you left that impression for him. No one besides my mom and my younger sister have pointed out my tooth unless I said something about it. My mom says it's more noticeable in pictures so she is concerned that I'll be self conscience if it becomes darker and more noticeable. I personally haven't noticed it a whole lot except in pictures sometimes but if she is willing to pay for it then by all means... let's do it haha.
    Posted by mhollister89[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, he's a bit of a <a href="mailto:b@ll" rel="nofollow">b@ll</a> breaker so for him to say it I wasn't offended.  Anyone else, I probably would've flipped.  Deep down he's a good guy with a sick twisted sense of humor.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • I get overwhelmed when I think about my career long-term.  I still don't know what I want to do and there are so many options out there that just a few minutes of contemplation can give me a panic attack.
  • I feel that way about even applying for jobs, Elle.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_discussion-overwhelmed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:fc3edce5-3cfd-4f26-ab54-dcab0c16828cPost:ca432744-6793-4bb1-a6c3-afda5bc5b131">Re: discussion: overwhelmed</a>:
    [QUOTE]I get overwhelmed when I think about my career long-term.  I still don't know what I want to do and there are so many options out there that just a few minutes of contemplation can give me a panic attack.
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

Agreed! 

My list is getting long :\

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Glad I'm not the only one.  I'm good at a lot of things (I think) but making big decisions is NOT one of them.  I think I would be willing to pay somebody a large sum just for them to tell me what to do.
  • -Wedding planning
    -Crowds of people
    -Being short-staffed at work and 20 trades happen in a matter of 2 minutes

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_discussion-overwhelmed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:fc3edce5-3cfd-4f26-ab54-dcab0c16828cPost:fca5bb55-bff5-4277-af62-94a3cc03a49a">Re: discussion: overwhelmed</a>:
    [QUOTE]Glad I'm not the only one.  I'm good at a lot of things (I think) but making big decisions is NOT one of them.  I think I would be willing to pay somebody a large sum just for them to tell me what to do.
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

That's what I need too, like a life coach or something!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • I'm planning a baby shower for 75 people.  that's like a wedding reception.  I have people helping me, but I still feel overwhelmed by it!
  • That's a huge baby shower Coco! I planned my BFF's shower, I think there was 30ish people and that stressed me out. When is the shower?

• it's Jan. 31st...  it is our pastor's DIL who is having her first baby, so it is a big shower. 
  • -lots of homework

-a dirty kitchen with lots of dishes.  I can't cook when that happens it stresses me out too much.

-Seeing lots of friends on a weekend.  I need some time to crash.  

-thinking and deciding what I am going to do this summer.

-trying to make friends

"Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• -thinking about starting grad school
    -wedding/honeymoon planning
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_discussion-overwhelmed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:fc3edce5-3cfd-4f26-ab54-dcab0c16828cPost:826287ae-faae-49b6-8937-36fa38f2ddc2">Re: discussion: overwhelmed</a>:
    [QUOTE]it's Jan. 31st...  it is our pastor's DIL who is having her first baby, so it is a big shower. 
    Posted by CocoBellaF[/QUOTE]

PM me if you need any ideas or anything! I hope it goes smoothly

• thank you!  it's mostly the "make it happen" part that stresses me out.  it's on a weeknight, and only a couple people can be there to help set up and get the food ready.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_discussion-overwhelmed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:fc3edce5-3cfd-4f26-ab54-dcab0c16828cPost:0a4f962a-59ca-499b-b5df-40f702ce0656">Re: discussion: overwhelmed</a>:
    [QUOTE]thank you!  it's mostly the "make it happen" part that stresses me out.  it's on a weeknight, and only a couple people can be there to help set up and get the food ready.
    Posted by CocoBellaF[/QUOTE]

I've planned many a baby shower, it is very stressful, but all the little details you worry about no one seems to notice at the event.

In regards to finding people to help set up and take down, I contacted a local culinary arts school (the ones that have commercials on during the Maury show) and asked if I could pay a few of their students to help set up and take down as well as go through and pass appetizers and signature cocktails.  They more than obliged and it was a rate way far less expensive than hiring a catering company.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • CASK85CASK85 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited January 2013
    We had fewer than that people at our wedding. Good luck, Coco! 
  • That would stress me out too, having to rush to get there to set up after work and everything. Buddy is right though. I completely stressed on the set up part but, in the end no one noticed the small details and had fun watching her open the gifts and eat food.

• thanks you all!  I'm sure it will be fine, it's just not-so-fun right now, trying to get it all together. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards