Chit Chat
Options

Reception gift

Wedding is less than a month away and after planning an entire wedding I am getting stressed out about buying gifts!!  I have the flower girl & ring bearer gifts, I have bridesmaids/groomsmen gifts BUT I am missing a very special couple...our mutual friends have a beautiful house on the lake and have generously allowed us to use their house as our reception venue.  We want to get them something very special to thank them but we have NO idea what!!!  Any ideas?

Re: Reception gift

• Options
    Depending on your spending limit, you can get them a generous gift card to a restaurant for a nice dinner (like really nice, maybe $200 GC), or if they're working on their home, a gift card to a Home Goods or Pier 1 or Home Depot.

Think about THEM, and what they like to do and what they'd appreciate or want, or even something you know they like to do, but don't like to spend money on.

Good luck.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_reception-gift?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:045fbe15-2099-4e47-9e81-c583f63ba551Post:f683ec6f-a574-46e1-a131-e40a425efa19">Re: Reception gift</a>:
    [QUOTE]Depending on your spending limit, you can get them a generous gift card to a restaurant for a nice dinner (like really nice, maybe $200 GC), or if they're working on their home, a gift card to a Home Goods or Pier 1 or Home Depot. Think about THEM, and what they like to do and what they'd appreciate or want, or even something you know they like to do, but don't like to spend money on. Good luck.
    Posted by AlexiaANDRobert[/QUOTE]

Alexia hit the nail on the head.

Give them something they actually want and will use.  I really like the Home Depot idea.  I could spend so much money in that store!
  • Options
    skippylouwhoskippylouwho member
    First Comment
    edited April 2010
    Depending on your budget, fresh flowers one a month for a year. Typically seasonal flowers are sent and most of us like to have fresh flowers but few of us actually spend the money to do it all the time.

Wine of the month. I know that sounds hokey but my DD and her FI joined one and get 2 bottles of wine a month. The wines have been amazingly good (they share!).  I would have thought that was dumb until they did it and it's actually been a lot of fun to see what the wines are and where they are from.

I should mention the monthly wine thing is actually very reasonably priced.

• Options
    Thank you all for the suggestions & keep them coming!!  Home improvement idea would be great but their entire home was just remodeled as Hurricane Ike had them up to their necks in flood water!  Not sure they want to spend ANY more time in that store for a while, haha!!  Wine club is nice, too, but they aren't big drinkers so I'm afraid they would just collect dust except for rare occassions.  I really like the fresh flower idea...we thought about the dinner card, too, but like yall said, really wanting something special for them!!  Once I get past this gift I can relax until the big day!  Thank you all!!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_reception-gift?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:045fbe15-2099-4e47-9e81-c583f63ba551Post:f3b7409c-67af-472a-83ab-ca00f5cf538b">Re: Reception gift</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank you all for the suggestions & keep them coming!!  Home improvement idea would be great but their entire home was just remodeled as Hurricane Ike had them up to their necks in flood water!  Not sure they want to spend ANY more time in that store for a while, haha!!  Wine club is nice, too, but they aren't big drinkers so I'm afraid they would just collect dust except for rare occassions.  I really like the fresh flower idea...we thought about the dinner card, too, but like yall said, really wanting something special for them!!  Once I get past this gift I can relax until the big day!  Thank you all!!
    Posted by kristel521[/QUOTE]

Fruit of the month is also great.   I love the month thing, I didn't even think of that!  Harry and David does fruit of the month.
  • Options
    You can get them a giftcard to a bed & breakfast that way they can pick the date that they would like to go and mabye get away for a few days
  • Options
    How about a GC to Bed Bath and Beyond? They can get wall art or new dinnerware or a nice rug or gardening tools or a stand mixer or a neat clock or patio furniture...*sigh* I think everyone loves that store :)
  • Options
    i think that the Bed and Breakfast idea or something like that is great. a really nice night out like dinner and a show or their favorite sporting event, something really nice for the 2 of them. something for their house is a nice idea too but it was a very personal thing they are doing for you so you should give them something personal for just the 2 of them.  If money is an issue then you can put a really nice "basket" together with things they like. ex if they are into wine buy them wine of the month membership or a couple of bottles w/ some new glasses, bottle opener, some cheese and whatever else goes along w/ wine.  go with what they both enjoy and run with it
    Anniversary Lilypie Maternity tickers image due, March 15
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards