Chit Chat

NWR: Which Cell Phone to Buy

Ok so I need some advice on some of the new cell phones Verizon has. I 'm going next week to upgrade. I currently have a BB Curve. I've been looking at the BB Bold, Samsung Fascinate, and Droid 2. Do any of you have any of these and how do you like it. Also if you have another suggestion for a great Verizon smart phone.

Thanks girls!

Re: NWR: Which Cell Phone to Buy

• I have the Droid X and love it. My friend has the Droid 2, and she says it's great. I just preferred not having the keyboard. 

Blackberrys are nice too. I had the Tour before I got my Droid. I preferred email on my blackberry, but I don't really email all too much. 

The Droid has more apps, and the browser is better IMO. 

HTH. If you have any questions, PM me!
  • I have the driod incredible! i absolutely love it!! i had env touch before and liked the fact that it had a keyboard for texting,droid incredible is all touch screen but i got used to it really quickly and wouldnt exchange it for anything different. 
    good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I went through Nextel, Sprint, T-Mobile, AT&T via my laptop (data, not phone) and now I'm back to the evil empire of Verizon and I have to say I'm much happier with the Verizon Motorola Droid (aka Droid 1) phone.  I get good reception and fast 3G speeds everywhere I go.  AT&T's 3G card for my laptop sucked, I rarely ever got 3G in rural areas or at the beach, so that explains why my FI's iphone 3gs often seems slow to browse the web, etc.  The t-mobile and my current 1st gen Droid were both android phones and I love it.  I'd personally not like the Droid X because of its size (big) and no physical keyboard since I need the keyboard for work.  The Droid 2 I'll probably get if there's not something better when my contract is coming up since the pointer thing on the Droid original really is useless, that's why they cut it from the Droid 2 and gave it more keyboard.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• I have the LG Ally which is a Droid phone.  I like it, but I have problems with it being really slow or freezing. So I would stay away from that phone.  I heard the new Droids are very nice!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Kyle just got the new fascinate and I am so jealous! That phone is great, it has a ton of apps with a high def screen and the typing on it is so easy (it has the swipe technology texting). I will probably get the Fascinate next week if I can. I would not get the BB Bold. I have a BB Tour right now and it was great in the beginning and then went downhill and now I hate it. The BB Bold is supposed to be the exact same thing as the Tour (I don't even know what they changed about the phone). I would either go with a Droid X or the Fascinate (Droid 2 if you want a keyboard).

If you have kids or do recording on your phone the Droid X can be hooked up to the TV/computer to play back the video which is cool. I recommend the Fascinate as my first choice.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I love all Android made phones, I think they're some of the best phones that have came out in a long time. I have T-Mobile, so I have a MyTouch but it's made by the same people that make the Droid you are talking about so I would suggest that! I really, really love it and almost all of my friends have some type of Android phone now too as well.
    -Katy
    Visit Cincinnati.Weddings.com

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"Love of mine, won't you lay by my side and rest your weary eyes before we're out of time. Give me one last kiss, for soon, such distance will stretch between our lips." - City and Colour
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards