Chit Chat
Options

Future Mother In Law Pissing Me Off

I just sent out the save-the-date cards and just got off the phone with her.  We talked about all kinds of other stuff for the wedding - a shower, the rehearsal dinner - and she never mentioned that she got the save-the-date card until I asked if she got it.  She said "yes."  Nothing else.  Then I said "Did you like it?"  She said "Yes."  Nothing else.  Would it hurt her to LIE at least?  She's such a bitch!!!!

Re: Future Mother In Law Pissing Me Off

• Options
    Um.................................what a bitch?

Honestly, it doesn't seem that bad to me.
  • Options
    Well... I don't know why somebody would go on and on about how much they love the save-the-date cards anyway...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mstar284mstar284 member
    First Comment
    edited June 2010

At least your FMIL is helping. Mine is too busy apparently...might that I add I am only trying to get her guest list with names and addresses.

Photobucket

Anniversary
  • Options
    Um, ok.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    She's just not that into you.
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_future-mother-law-pissing-off?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:0e38ab4c-9e12-419a-8368-e7a3b00f9378Post:16954cd5-a5b5-4db0-a2bf-dbc0f378e264">Re: Future Mother In Law Pissing Me Off</a>:
    [QUOTE]She's just not that into you.
    Posted by tidetravel[/QUOTE]

LOL
  • Options
    edited June 2010

I'd hate to know what your reaction would be if it was something that really mattered. Its the save-the-date card. Not that big of deal.

• Options
    Im not sure what whole history of you and her realtionship is but maybe that has soemthing to do w/ her short answers. But if you like the save the date her opnion shouldnt matter.
  • Options
    Jesus. Take a deep breath and realize that you're acting completely fucking crazy right now.
  • Options
    Wow what a lucky lady to be getting a new daughter in law that's such a peach.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_future-mother-law-pissing-off?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:0e38ab4c-9e12-419a-8368-e7a3b00f9378Post:5e645c92-15c3-4044-95f1-9c5a9e6f4298">Re: Future Mother In Law Pissing Me Off</a>:
    [QUOTE]Jesus. Take a deep breath and realize that you're acting completely fucking crazy right now.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]
    Seriously.  Most people I know don't like it when you give them STDs.
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    maybe she didn't like it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    MidgetthMidgetth member
    First Comment
    edited June 2010
    I don't know what you are so upset about. She said yes she got it & she said yes she liked them. What else was she supposed to say?  I didn't know STD's were such a big deal especially for a FMIL who knew when the wedding was already & knew that they STD was going to be coming to her. Honestly I don't even know why you gave her one. She's your FMIL. either hand it to her if she wants it as a keepsake or don't giver her one. Parents don't need them
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    well, like the other girls are saying, it seems like you're going a bit overboard here. relationships with future family members can be really stressful, as i very well know. not every reaction or conversation is going to be exactly how you want. not everyone is going to be overjoyed about the perfect color of ribbon that you found, etc, etc.

i've really had to come to terms with this with my own future family, so i would suggest that you just take a few breaths, and realize that her personality might be a little different.
    it sounds like she is taking a lot of time to hear about your other plans (rehearsal dinner, shower) and just because she didn't rave about your save-the-dates does not mean she hates you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    WTF? lmfao

At least your FMIL didnt get all drunk and tell your FI she didnt like you, and that you guys shouldnt get married like mine did lmao. Luckily shes my FI's future stepmom, not his real mom. His real mom loves me and his future stepmom is a total fake bitch.

Sorry to hear about your problem though, it sounds awful lmao
  • Options
    Were you expecting her to fall all over herself exclaiming how awesome your STDs were?  Unless you sent her an original Picasso painting , it's just not all that exciting.

The only thing wrong here is your expectations.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    This is why fishing for compliments is a bad idea.
  • Options
    It's a piece of paper with a date written on it.  I think you may be overreacting.
  • Options
    That's pretty much how my mom reacted when I showed her ours.  Same reaction when I went dress shopping and bought one.  She just doesn't get excited.  But she wrote me a sweet note about how much she enjoyed shopping with me.  Maybe your FMIL is the same way and just doesn't outwardly show much emotion.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_future-mother-law-pissing-off?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:0e38ab4c-9e12-419a-8368-e7a3b00f9378Post:5e645c92-15c3-4044-95f1-9c5a9e6f4298">Re: Future Mother In Law Pissing Me Off</a>:
    [QUOTE]Jesus. Take a deep breath and realize that you're acting completely fucking crazy right now.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]
    In my mind, I heard Kenny Powers' voice saying this. It.was.awesome.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Options
    Clearly something else happened or is going on... Just take a step back and breathe.
    Take it from me, I have dealt with drama and stupidity for the last few weeks. I'm just over it. In a week or so, it wont seem so bad and if it is... Limit your time. For your sanity. Sounds like you need it.

mstar284, I had the some problem. I got the list today, already labeled and not correct. Do I send them out that way? I can't and probably will retype them.
    Finally, a Mrs!
  • Options
    mstar284mstar284 member
    First Comment
    edited June 2010
    <div align="left">In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_future-mother-law-pissing-off?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:0e38ab4c-9e12-419a-8368-e7a3b00f9378Post:270827df-1322-4094-8d51-0ff634b197ef">Re: Future Mother In Law Pissing Me Off</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Future Mother In Law Pissing Me Off : In my mind, I heard Kenny Powers' voice saying this. It.was.awesome.
    Posted by laurenclaire1386[/QUOTE]

BAHAWWHAHAHA!!!!!! I'm already up waaaay too late, might as well take a trip to HBO on Demand.

"If you wanna fight, you do it on your own time. In a parking lot somewhere. Not in a school surrounded by books."

Cococabanagrl--not sure what you are saying. What's not labeled and typed correctly? I wouldn't send anything out if it's not correct. How can you?</div>

Photobucket

Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_future-mother-law-pissing-off?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:0e38ab4c-9e12-419a-8368-e7a3b00f9378Post:270827df-1322-4094-8d51-0ff634b197ef">Re: Future Mother In Law Pissing Me Off</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Future Mother In Law Pissing Me Off : In my mind, I heard Kenny Powers' voice saying this. It.was.awesome.
    Posted by laurenclaire1386[/QUOTE]

That's awesome.
  • Options
    Now that I've actually slept on this ... yeah, still don't see the problem.

Nobody that's over the age of 25 actually commented on my invitations other than to say "Btw, got your invite". And honestly, if anybody was jumping up and down, over the moon ecstatic about how awesome my invites were ... I'd actually be concerned for them getting so excited over some fancy fonts and ribbons.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    Most of my guests didn't even comment on getting their invitations. Who cares about an STD? You're totally overreacting.
  • Options
    Um. Hmm.
  • Options
    I never heard from my FMIL about getting ours. 
    My wedding Bio My baking Blog View from Le'ahi Diamond Head image
  • Options
    i dont think it's that bad. trust me, things could be worse~ :) wait until you send out the invites, realizing everybody's booking hotel and plane tickets to come to ur wedding, and yet, nobody tells u that they get ur invite nor sending back the RSVP... and as for FMILs? there are a lot worse things they can do as well...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards