Chit Chat

XP: "wedding attire" for toast glasses.... :-D

One of my best friend's-my MOH-gave my fiance and I some redneck wine glasses as an engagement gift.  We are so far from redneck, which was the joke, but we think they are very funny and cute glasses.  So we decided to use them as our toast glasses for the wedding, but we want to dress them up in a wedding dress and a tuxedo.  I think I've come up with an idea on how to make the "dress", but am stumbling on what to do for a tuxedo.  I've attached a picture of the glass, a picture of the idea for a dress (it would be in white of course) and a picture of a tuxedo wine bottle cover.  I thought I might be able to do something close to the tuxedo cover, but am not a big seamstress for things like this.

Any ideas, thoughts?  Please.  The girls in DIY board aren't stumped!  TYIA.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: XP: "wedding attire" for toast glasses.... :-D

• lls31lls31 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited April 2012
    I actually like the glass as is.  I've never heard of putting clothing on toasting flutes, so I'm no help.
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • I love them as is. I would not change them by adding on a dress or a tux.
  • edited April 2012
    Thanks.  Linger - yes, we're Southern, not redneck.  Trust me, there is a HUGE difference.  We just thought it'd be cute to dress them up a little so they went with the rest of our wedding decorations - calla lillies, black and white color theme, etc.  Redneck would mean there was camoflauge involved somewhere in the wedding and there is no way I'd touch the stuff!

ETA - no offense to anyone who does.  It's just not my taste.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm sorry... I just don't get it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • camouflage does not equal redneck. Redneck equals redneck and by putting 'clothes' on your glasses, you're flirting with it.

This is just strange. . .
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_xp-wedding-attire-for-toast-glasses-d?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:0efba660-3330-44f3-a815-7611dc44221ePost:42f55789-c751-4f85-9728-2fa34312c888">Re: XP: "wedding attire" for toast glasses.... :-D</a>:
    [QUOTE]camouflage does not equal redneck. Redneck equals redneck and by putting 'clothes' on your glasses, you're flirting with it. This is just strange. . .
    Posted by NcsuPsych[/QUOTE]

Ditto. Putting a wedding dress on a ball jar goblet isn't going to "class it up" if that's what you're trying to do here.

This idea is seriously making me think of those Barbies in crocheted dresses that people use to "dress up" toilet paper.

*I felt sorry for my husband before I met him. Take a number.*

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards