Chit Chat
Options

Question on this site

Why does this site not update from Friday through Monday? If they have no one to work on the weekend to update it, I am unemployed and available to do so. :)
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Question on this site

• Options
    I mean when I log on, none of the Top 5 topics are updated Friday - Monday (sometimes they will be by Monday). Ask Carley does't get updated, or the wedding obsessions blog. Very rarely does the main topic of the site change over the weekend, and if it does it is usually a repeat I just thought this was a rather large organization and considering how popular this web site is, they would update it every day with all these things - like a news paper. Even if the info is prepared ahead of time, all they need is someone to launch it on the the web, which literally happens through the push of a virtual button. The wedding business it so vast, it seems like they could constantly be changing out information, even if it comes to stuff like being a bride during a recession, recession deals, newest wedding trends, vintage weddings, modern weddings, how to's (this would be especially good for DIY or wedding website building), how to deal with the stress, Grooms 101 (how to deal with wedding craziness and what to expect), etc. Anyways, I could go on forever, but my point was the site just doesn't get updated very frequently, especially on weekends when many people are home, which is surprising. It repeats itself a lot too, which is perfectly fine maybe three times a year as new brides come in and others drop out, but I swear I see the "Hot, new color combos at least once or twice a month. Basically, my point is that I love this site and I would like to see more more often. I was just wondering if anyone (even a moderator) knows why we don't?
  • Options
    I agree! I have seen the same top topics for the past few months, and it's starting to get old! I have the hot color combos memorized! I don't even know that there is a lot of articles and info on here for grooms, which could be helpful.
  • Options
    Ok now I know what your referring to. I would like that has well has its been the same for quite a long while. Great ideas you got. Hopefully they will take some ideas from us Knotty brides. I'd like to see more recent weddings of our knot brides.
  • Options
    Ah, I see.  My bookmark is set to this page:http://talk.theknot.com/boards/boardindex.aspxand not the main page, so I never see the top topics anyway.  If you are fairly new to the site or use the updates to help you plan your wedding, I could see how that could be annoying.  I'm just here for social reasons, personally.  :)
  • Options
    My planning is almost done, so I am not really using the site to plan anymore, but I love to look and learn, and for people who are using it to plan or even for info, it could be more helpful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards