Chit Chat
Options

Do I need to tip my hair/makeup artist and her assistant?

Hi Everyone,Not sure if this is an obvious question, but am I supposed to tip my hairstylist/makeup artise and her assistant on the big day? Also, do I need to tip her when I go to my consultation?I wasn't sure because I'm not going to a salon to see her (she is coming to me) and I am covering the travel costs in addition to her hair/makeup fees.Can anyone help me on this one? And if tipping is required, how much should I give?Thanks for help on this one!

Re: Do I need to tip my hair/makeup artist and her assistant?

• Options
    I had a guy that came to us with an assistant for hair and make up.  I tipped them together 20% of the total bill.  The consultation was included in the total fee, so I didn't give a separate tip for that.
  • Options
    Tipping should always be optional. Personally, if the day of I loved what they did for me I would tip. I wouldn't tip on the consultation, but like I said tipping is always optional.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

June 2011 Siggy Challenge: Flower Inspiration
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Planning Bio 6.15.10
  • Options
    I always tip my normal hairstylist, so I would probably tip the one for my wedding also.  I usually tip around 20%, but I've done slightly more or less depending on how much I liked my hair and how much cash I had in my wallet.  :)
  • Options
    I tip for any service that is acceptable to tip for. As a waitress I'm pissed when I don't get tipped and if I know the person isn't going to tip I'm less likely to do a good job. So I would definately tip for the consultation and for the day of too.
    After almost 3 years and 2 IUIs our lil guy is here! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker sam and harvey
  • Options
    StageManager.....I needed that laugh!!!! Valid point though..... I'd tip. It's just a rule of thumb that anyone doing a job like that gets a tip. I go for 20% unless they hugely screw up....then no tip and I've been known to refuse to pay. But that's only if it's beyond awful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards