Chit Chat

Surprise Wedding

My boyfriend and I have known for a while now that we want to be husband and wife.  We also knew we did not want a long engagement.  So, as soon as he told me my engagement ring was being made,  the wheels in my head began to roll!!  
I'm the type of person who loves to surprise people as well as being on the receiving end!!  I began to think about going to Vegas to get married.  That idea didn't fly very well with my boyfriend(fiance).  He said he didn't have the money and our parents would KILL us.  He had a good point!  I thought the next best thing would be a surprise wedding.  This idea, he loved!  We immediately called my mother who was estatic and then we let his parents in on it.  
We are pulling this off by inviting family and close friends to an "engagement party" in two weeks!  When every one arrives, my soon to be father in law will announce the engagement party has been called off..... because the wedding is tonight! 
I couldn't be happier with this decision.  And I can not wait to hear the sqeals and screams when the announcement is made.  But what I"m really looking forward to is spending the rest of my life with the man I love.Smile  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards